The Related Word Game - 2017!

medium rare -> save energy

save energy, eat it raw !!!

Schabefleisch, use a real sharp knife and razor the meat and eat it raw. It is not minced or cut in small pieces, it is really very very fine. Tatar is cut and with egg. Schabefleisch is finer and without egg.

saalendorfer-schabefleisch.jpg

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, chattius said:

medium rare -> save energy

save energy, eat it raw !!!

Schabefleisch, use a real sharp knife and razor the meat and eat it raw. It is not minced or cut in small pieces, it is really very very fine. Tatar is cut and with egg. Schabefleisch is finer and without egg.

saalendorfer-schabefleisch.jpg

love this! I'm a big fan of tartar, and this sounds even more delicious

save energy -> light bulb

:D

gogo

light bulb -> Firefighters

People used to screw very bright light bulbs in the sockets - often too bright like 100Watt in a 40Watt socket. The result was often a cable fire. Not so with LED. A 40W LED is really really bright. In our small village we firefighters exchanged all old bulbs and old two wire-cables into three cable ones for self cost price.

• Like! 1
On 7/4/2023 at 4:03 AM, chattius said:

light bulb -> Firefighters

People used to screw very bright light bulbs in the sockets - often too bright like 100Watt in a 40Watt socket. The result was often a cable fire. Not so with LED. A 40W LED is really really bright. In our small village we firefighters exchanged all old bulbs and old two wire-cables into three cable ones for self cost price.

I love LEDs!

we switched out to them a while back... took a wee while to figger out the kind of light we wanted, .. it was a soft daylight.. and we use the highest powered LEDs we can find... love ight

firefighters -> courage

:heart:

gogo

2 hours ago, chattius said:

Sheriff -> Slowhand

I always wondered how Mr. 'Slowhand' Eric Clapton was able to shoot a sheriff who was probably a trained gunfighter.

slow hand -> slow ball

gogo

slow ball -> dilemma (of the goalie)

At a penalty you have to jump as a goalie before you know where the ball is going if aimed most left or right of the goal. The penalty shooter however can make a slow ball into the mid while the goalie who jumped is already on the ground at one of the corners when the ball arrives. The goalie can decide to don't jump at all and laughs at the one who tried a slow ball.

After a virus when I was 14 the growing of my legs was reduced compared to my arms. Long arms, short legs . they nicknamed me monkey. And monkeys are not the fastest runners. So at soccer I was the goalie.

dilemma => paradox

Ph.D. => :laie_14::laie_14:<= Ph.D. (a pair o' docs)

incidentally, one of the Monkees' Albums was dedicated to a girl. Do you know which recording and what the name of the lass was?

Answer:

Spoiler

Ima B. Lever

what is -> Hummingbird hawk-moth

Daughter of my niece growing up in Munich and on visit. First time seeing the moth which looks and flies like a hummingbird. We call it Taubenschwänzchen which translates as little pigeon-tail. They are fast, up to 80 km/h and can fly 3000km in 2 weeks. The hot winds from the mediterran helped them to cross the aples this year. So there were a bit more this summer

9 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Hummingbird Hawk (moth) => Female Hercules moth (approx. 36 centimeters)

:twitch:

image.thumb.png.bd375d39f52c715c2c667f5c7e0701d7.png

Female Hercules moth (approx. 36 centimeters) -> yeeks!

:oooo:

gogo

7 hours ago, chattius said:

yeeks -> yaks

Don't know where the yakety yak lives - secret valley in the himalaya, protected by yeti?

yaks -> cold

those things can REALLY stand the cold

gogo

cold -> undercurrent

There is a little artificial lake near. With the heat and dry we have the water level is way lower now and the dangerous undercurrents caused by cold water from a rivelet moved. They are way closer to the other side of the lake now. We were swimming with the family when we watched girls swimming towards the under currents. Shouting was not working, so I decided to swim towards them for warning. And suddenly there was a torpedo overtaking me... :help:

I must be getting old. I was still considering me an excellent swimmer, even at my age. But my son is now faster and probably has better eyes because he watched nice girls in his age from other side of the lake...

To excuse the girls, the warning signs weren't adapted to the new conditions.

16026_a06f7b7a-fa68-415f-ab37-4c1de150de

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

cold -> undercurrent

There is a little artificial lake near. With the heat and dry we have the water level is way lower now and the dangerous undercurrents caused by cold water from a rivelet moved. They are way closer to the other side of the lake now. We were swimming with the family when we watched girls swimming towards the under currents. Shouting was not working, so I decided to swim towards them for warning. And suddenly there was a torpedo overtaking me... :help:

I must be getting old. I was still considering me an excellent swimmer, even at my age. But my son is now faster and probably has better eyes because he watched nice girls in his age from other side of the lake...

To excuse the girls, the warning signs weren't adapted to the new conditions.

16026_a06f7b7a-fa68-415f-ab37-4c1de150de

Good story :) and good heart chattius.  Happy that your son was there for that girl. I remember we were down on west coast mexico few years ago and there, right on the beach not 5 feet out... under current! Almost got my mom, luckily another lady helped my mom out ...but she's been spooked since.

undercurrent -> spooky

:)

gogo

spooky -> Brotato

Currently most played at firefighter station. Advantage is that a game is quite fast. Nice while waiting at the phone for calls:

Brotato is a top-down arena shooter roguelite where you play a potato wielding up to 6 weapons at a time to fight off hordes of aliens. Choose from a variety of traits and items to create unique builds and survive until help arrives.

It has a ghost class...

maxresdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, chattius said:

spooky -> Brotato

Currently most played at firefighter station. Advantage is that a game is quite fast. Nice while waiting at the phone for calls:

Brotato is a top-down arena shooter roguelite where you play a potato wielding up to 6 weapons at a time to fight off hordes of aliens. Choose from a variety of traits and items to create unique builds and survive until help arrives.

It has a ghost class...

maxresdefault.jpg

Brotato -Shooter

Good looking game 

looks like a vegetarian asteroids

gogo

• 2 weeks later...