The Related Word Game - 2017!

favorite dog => love  :wub:

(A dog is the only one who loves a person more than even themselves.)

:hooyaah:

• Appreciation 1

chocolate => Sydney's Sinful Sundae

It tastes Heavenly :angel:

But the devil made me eat it. :diablo:

• Haha 1

consonant -> Grimm's Law

Brothers Grimm not only collected fairytales- they also researched how language changed

For example b or poften changed to f or v.

German Rabe -> english raven, Weib -> wife, Leben -> life, haben -> to have, .

4_edited.jpg

personifications -> troll

People with fantasy can see trolls everywhere. Sadly they turned to stone when the sun came.

There are even warning signs

2012_Trollstigen_041.jpg

der-troll-im-stein-d5131871-4859-40f5-a5

versteinert.jpg

• Haha 1

obsolete -> oboe

pretty rare these days, but they still some of the most costly instruments... anyone here play? for me it was the "recorder" in high school... though I was lucky enough to score a few years of piano lessons courtesy of me loving parents

awwww

:heart:

gogo

Oboe - Reed

The Oboe (and bassoon) uses a double reed to produce the sound. The clarinet and saxophone uses a single reed to produce the sound.

I played (haven't in a long time) the clarinet. And have played a few tunes on a oboe. It has a beautiful sound, but also sounds a bit like a duck...

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Oboe - Reed

The Oboe (and bassoon) uses a double reed to produce the sound. The clarinet and saxophone uses a single reed to produce the sound.

I played (haven't in a long time) the clarinet. And have played a few tunes on a oboe. It has a beautiful sound, but also sounds a bit like a duck...

and youve a musical bent as well Theuns! I guess artistry is a hungry apetite and seeks the new :)
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... throwing a curve ball here...

reed -> reed richards

THE leader of the fantastic four... one of my faves from my crazy comic reading days!

:dragonbrother:

gogo

1 hour ago, chattius said:

reed richards -> thatching

Covering the roof with water reed.

reetdach-friesenhaus-amrum-bild18.jpg

Wow!… is that you guys chattius?. Spectacular!
thatching -> hatching 

🐣 

awwww

gogo

Hatching -> Clutch

My older Female Cornsnake, Bellatrix Le Snake, laid a clutch of 16 unfertilized eggs a few weeks ago... which was very strange, since corn snakes and most other colubrids have to go into brumation before laying eggs and I keep them at a constant 20°C - 23°C...

• Appreciation 1

Clutch -> Awesome!

cool slang word... working hard at getting to use it at least once before the end of year :P

Curious about your snake (which always fascinates me to read about! ) is it not supposed to lay eggs ever? does it ever meat male snakes?

:)

gogo

22 hours ago, Delta! said:

Hatching -> Clutch

My older Female Cornsnake, Bellatrix Le Snake, laid a clutch of 16 unfertilized eggs a few weeks ago... which was very strange, since corn snakes and most other colubrids have to go into brumation before laying eggs and I keep them at a constant 20°C - 23°C...

Heard this from friends who have corn snakes too. The eggs are called Wachseier, because they look like way if not fertilized. The local colubrid - the smooth snake - gives birth to small baby snakes not laying eggs.

awesome -> judge

Had a slave who was forced to do 600 hours community work because of damaging a public building while driving drunk. Main usage was to keep tourists on the walking paths, forcing them to keep dogs on a rope, no bicycles, ...

Snakes lay in the sun. But the best sun is on the roads. Bikers are too fastto identify them as snakes and not twigs.

The number of ground breeding birds and snakes increased significantly while being guarded.

@gogo: no. last time we did thatching was the barn 30 years ago. The roof is still okay.