The Related Word Game - 2017!

bonding -> first born

Four years between first and second. When the second was born the older was closer to me. When my wife was nursing the second the older was walking with me in the forest, was interested when I was repairing something, ... Even with three more kids, the oldest is somehow more like me what she is doing.

• Like! 1

First Born -> strongest

I am the last of us three Children. Only boy, only one that studied music but is not artistic, the one always reading some (mostly)fantasy book, playing PC or tv games and for the most part I have a go with the flow attitude... and my oldest sister is the complete opposite.

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Theuns, I respectfully disagree. You are a skilled practitioner of the culinary arts and the photos of your visual presentations are a testament to that fact. One key advantage is that your art is edible. :resp:

strongest => willpower

I have been fasting, consuming nothing but water, tea, vitamin supplements, and coffee since the beginning of February. Tomorrow afternoon I will break my fast!

:theuns:

@Delta!  I'm with steve, and respectfully disagree as well!! not an artist? haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  pfffffffffffffffffffttt... Theuns look at all the work you've documented...and the joy in your fingers when you write  about your work, your journey, and your creations.....

Sorry Theuns...but artist you've been born and you artist you go! :whip:

Will power -> love

one and the same

:gogo:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Friends and Family -> Wedding

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting engaged this year. We both have to ask the other one. But we have started with our guest lists already. We are trying to keep it small. Close friends and family that we are still in contact with on a regular basis... so we are standing on 72 guests at the moment and we know it can change, but we agreed we won't go more tham 90...

• Appreciation 1

wedding -> Polterabend

The eve before wedding neiighbours, former classmates, friends,... come to the house of the bride and throw porcelaine. Breaking porcelaine is said to bring luck. We had around 300 guests at the marriage of our oldest. The couple has to cleanup the porcelaine together before a little party can start. We served drinks and snacks at the firefighter building after the porcelaine breaking.

The wedding is then normally with a smaller number of people.

Polterabend_Maddie-and-Maurice-83-von-15

At our place before entering the chapel for the wedding the couple has to do challenges, like sawing a trunk blocking the entrance door with a two men saw to show that they can work together to solve problems.

stamm-zersaegen_large.jpg

• Like! 1

5 hours ago, chattius said:

wedding -> Polterabend

The eve before wedding neiighbours, former classmates, friends,... come to the house of the bride and throw porcelaine. Breaking porcelaine is said to bring luck. We had around 300 guests at the marriage of our oldest. The couple has to cleanup the porcelaine together before a little party can start. We served drinks and snacks at the firefighter building after the porcelaine breaking.

The wedding is then normally with a smaller number of people.

Polterabend_Maddie-and-Maurice-83-von-15

At our place before entering the chapel for the wedding the couple has to do challenges, like sawing a trunk blocking the entrance door with a two men saw to show that they can work together to solve problems.

stamm-zersaegen_large.jpg

Polterabend -> smashing!

Sounds like a smashing time...

carve -> skiing

Never had carving ski. In my youth I had straight alpine ski and now I do mainly cross country.

On 3/9/2024 at 6:23 AM, Delta! said:

Katara -> Elements

Theuns, i KNEW that was a avatar reference!!! lol because of you i've been watching repeatedly the animated series, AND I re-watched the live ooold and kind of lame Avatar that was released years ago...because i'm a fan I'm gonna give it a pass...but I'm really wanting to see that version that came out on Netflix ...supposed to be big and flashy?

and... your wedding Sir!

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting engaged this year. We both have to ask the other one. But we have started with our guest lists already. We are trying to keep it small. Close friends and family that we are still in contact with on a regular basis... so we are standing on 72 guests at the moment and we know it can change, but we agreed we won't go more tham 90...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa....  Congratz!! :d_dance: ...lol not more than 90.. thats huge!?  You must be spending oodles of time on menu, cake ingredients, venue... I want to hear everything!!

:bounce:

gogo

elements ->Meitnerium

In the list of elements it is number 109. Named after Lise Meitner. She was the first to discover how many energy is in splitting atoms. Somehow her name is not mentioned in the Oppenheimer movie. She saw the danger and wrote to other scientiststo make no bomb out of it.

37 minutes ago, chattius said:

elements ->Meitnerium

In the list of elements it is number 109. Named after Lise Meitner. She was the first to discover how many energy is in splitting atoms. Somehow her name is not mentioned in the Oppenheimer movie. She saw the danger and wrote to other scientiststo make no bomb out of it.

>Meitnerium -> metaphasic

not sure what that means... lol just saw that word being bandied around on the latest Star Trek we saw!

:D

gogo

metaphasic -> cells

When we were at university and my wife learning for tests in genetics I did the interrogation from books.

Not Startrek, but that what I connect from decades ago:

Spindle_chromosomes-en.png

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

metaphasic -> cells

When we were at university and my wife learning for tests in genetics I did the interrogation from books.

Not Startrek, but that what I connect from decades ago:

Spindle_chromosomes-en.png

cells -> pell mell

ooooh, mystery 

:D

gogo

pell mell -> Marburg

Pell Mell was a rock group from nearby city Marburg. Also the name of her LP album. Progressive classsic rock.

• Like! 1