The Related Word Game - 2017!

3 hours ago, chattius said:

Small holding -> Home

Lonely house with stall, barn, garden and fruit trees, all mid in a clearing in a forest, water supply is from a well, power lines run above ground,... Didn't know the word small holding before, but I think our home is one.

Our home is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.

^ That sounds like your own bit of heaven, sir.

home => belonging

belonging -> princedom

Our house is build on the ruins of a given up settlement. It was the border of two princedoms, one catholic and one the new lutherian.  Old 'village' vanished in the 1618-1648 war. Old church books said that more than two thirds of the population died on dieseases, starved or were killed in raids. The village was given up.

The oldest parts of our current house were build in 1743 as an allyear woodchopper camp which could supply itself. Then an watchtower for forest fires was added and a ranger family lived there. That was when my ancestors start to live there.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

belonging -> princedom

Our house is build on the ruins of a given up settlement. It was the border of two princedoms, one catholic and one the new lutherian.  Old 'village' vanished in the 1618-1648 war. Old church books said that more than two thirds of the population died on dieseases, starved or were killed in raids. The village was given up.

The oldest parts of our current house were build in 1743 as an allyear woodchopper camp which could supply itself. Then an watchtower for forest fires was added and a ranger family lived there. That was when my ancestors start to live there.

Love this history! It's remarkable that you get to live in such history and you are literally "living" it...  gosh...what if you'd only had  a family of one like so many here in Montreal...  :eek:

princedom -> The Little Prince

:)

gogo

gogo

tale -> Story

I wanted to say tail... but Chattius described to many great things too just go with tail... (in Afrikaans, we would've said "Jy kry die gatkant van die storie" translates into, "you get the backside of the story") which would've also been a pun then I suppose...

• Like! 1