The Related Word Game - 2017!

Minerals -> Selters

A small community with nowadays 8000 people. They sold something very expensive dating back to 772 (there is really no 1 in front). The containers for it were the main income of the family of my wife for more than 270 years (documented).  The very valuable thing the community sold was tataratam... water!

Selters Water, Selterz, .. name giver for mineral water

The water was once sold in clayware bottles. The mark of the dutchesy of Nassau was made in to proof that it is the original.

Mineralwasser-Selters.jpg

• zomgod! 1
33 minutes ago, chattius said:

Minerals -> Selters

A small community with nowadays 8000 people. They sold something very expensive dating back to 772 (there is really no 1 in front). The containers for it were the main income of the family of my wife for more than 270 years (documented).  The very valuable thing the community sold was tataratam... water!

Selters Water, Selterz, .. name giver for mineral water

The water was once sold in clayware bottles. The mark of the dutchesy of Nassau was made in to proof that it is the original.

Mineralwasser-Selters.jpg

Awesome story... love it!!

selters -> alka seltzer

:sick:

gogo

14 => Quinceanera!

When a Hispanic girl turns fifteen there is a huge and flamboyant celebration for her becoming a young lady. The whole shebang may cost upwards of $10,000 and are very common here in Texas.

• Like! 1
32 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

14 => Quinceanera!

When a Hispanic girl turns fifteen there is a huge and flamboyant celebration for her becoming a young lady. The whole shebang may cost upwards of $10,000 and are very common here in Texas.

Read about this, a huge big party with all the family!

Quincaenera -> tradition

:gogo:

gogo

tradition => family

Family traditions are the greatest! This is especially true around the holidays and perhaps I will start a "Family Traditions During The Holidays" thread when the season is closer.

:ded_snegurochka::christmastree::connie_xmas-moose:

• Appreciation 1

family -> grandgrandma's birthday

My mom's birthday: 4 kids, 14 grandchildren, 4 grandgrandchildren.. with husbands and wives, boy or girl friends, .... was always a big family meeting. And now it is corona...

Life of Pi -> Rugby

True story about the Uruguayan rugby team which was on board of a plane which crashed very high in the Andes mountains. They were forced to eat the deep frozen corpses of dead to survive.

sports -> underwater rugby

Tell me another ball sport where the players can move in all three dimensions and which is not from Harry Potter. Learned it when at rescue swimmer training at army. Played it for decades. Kids play it too at swimming and live saving club

• zomgod! 1