The Related Word Game - 2017!

heartbreak -> carpentry

All this door slamming when a daughter had love pain as a teen trained my carpentry skills...

I installed a door dampener at our first, but she said there is no help in lowering love pain with a door damper. So repairing a door here and then after removing the damper and with each slam the pain was a little less.

The german word Herzschmerz even rhymes in one word (=heart pain).

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

heartbreak -> carpentry

All this door slamming when a daughter had love pain as a teen trained my carpentry skills...

I installed a door dampener at our first, but she said there is no help in lowering love pain with a door damper. So repairing a door here and then after removing the damper and with each slam the pain was a little less.

The german word Herzschmerz even rhymes in one word (=heart pain).

carpentry  -gate

ha

this reminds me of my dad constantly repairing the garden gate to the backyard. Those years of always opening and closing, opening closing that gate...seemed like no solution he could apply could keep that gate swinging with two kids, a dog and a super gardening Mom as well...

good memories and fun

:dance2:

gogo

In the village at my uncle a typical 'afterwork' farm was like a house, then a barn in a 90degree angle to it, and at another 90 degree a stall. This rectangle was closed by big wooden doors nobody could climb. There was one of these little farms side by side to the next. So as kids we opened the doors to the street at two farms and had a safe place to play because no car could pass.

Tor_der_Hofanlage_Dutenhofener_Strasse_7

Gate -> bumblebee

We have some bees for honey and bumblebees for the early fruit tree blossoms when it is too cold for honeybees here. The bumblebee queen is trained to open a door to the nest. The bumblebees are strong enough to open the door, parasite wax moths aren't.

• Like! 1
20 minutes ago, Delta! said:

Bumblebee -> Dumbledore

dumbledore -> magical

:schot:

gogo

ps @chattius  lol bee doors! i "see" this... when we were at my cousin's house last weekend they gave us jars of honey... they have gotten a bee hive going and are thrilled... the bees are so calm that you can sit beside them and watch them return from "work" and drink water in front of their hive
IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Thats Kandy and Schot (Brad) ...thats the room they "repurposed" to be the bee room I think for harvesting.. calm blue right?

and here's schot and Kandy just ...chillin by the buzzingIMG_2139.jpg

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

dumbledore -> magical

:schot:

gogo

ps @chattius  lol bee doors! I "see" this... when we were at my cousin's house last weekend they gave us jars of honey... they have gotten a bee hive going and are thrilled... the bees are so calm that you can sit beside th em and watch them return from "work" and drink water in front of their hive
IMG_3215.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

Thats Kandy and Schot (Brad) ...thats the room they "repurposed" to be the bee room I think for harvesting.. calm blue right?

and here's schot and Kandy just ...chillin by the buzzingIMG_2139.jpg

The honey is so clear. At my place I would guess rape-seed? My honey is way darker because the nests are in a forest.  More pollen, less clear nectar makes it almost solid.

HoneyBees can't open a door. Normally I catch a bumblebee queen, place it at the artificial nest and hope she takes it. You start with the door open. Then you close it a bit more each day. Once she has eggs she will return and look for an entrance. Opening the door is try and error.

magical -> Flight of the Bumblebee

Both is magical . the music by Rachmaninov imitating a bumblebee and the physics which allow a bumblebee to fly with these short wings

arena ->Wheelchair basketball

Our second play(s/ed) it. Even after several scar operations she is not able to jump and run normally which qualified her to play it. When she was 13 she was in state teams in soccer and atheletics. Before corona she started chairwheel basketball at university, then all stopped and still not restarted.

Proud Mary -> ancestors

I have the diaries of my grand...grandpa where he writes: planted trees at the valley. Hope someday they will do great masts for sailships. Then came the steamships. The trees made great big poles for a temple in china however.

4 hours ago, chattius said:

lineage -> Paraskavedekatriaphobia

The fear that your kids and grandchildren will be born on a friday the 13th ;)

Paraskavedekatriaphobia -  Triskadekaphobia

Fear of the number 13!

🙈

gogo