The Related Word Game - 2017!

1 hour ago, chattius said:

superstition -> Europe

Final Countdown and Superstitious are the only songs from Europe I can remember right away ;)

A new band for me :D

Europe -> Asia

A fave band of mine when I was a kid!

:music:

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

A new band for me :D

Europe -> Asia

A fave band of mine when I was a kid!

:music:

gogo

I remember you were never at our firefighter new year parties pre covid. ;) Our firefighter band plays it so that we are done 20 seconds before the new year starts and then the real final countdown starts. No tuba but bass guitar for me.

asia -> africa

Africa -> Continent.

Mostly Americans are usually so surprised when they come to the continent for the first time and realise Africa is NOT a country, there are white people/caucasians, and we do NOT ride wild animals...

• zomgod! 1

pangaea -> Marburg

Alfred Wegener was a teacher at the nearby university there. His theory of continental drift was done while he taught at Marburg was only accepted decades after his death in 1930.

My younger sister was in the student home in the Alfred Wegener Street while she studied at Marburg.

527px-Marburg,_Gedenktafel_f%C3%BCr_Alfr

Here worked Alfred Wegener. He did the theory of continental drift.

He died because a change in weather made the propeller sledges useless and while using dogs to supply a forward camp it became obvious that some had to leave the camp for help because of not enough food.

Wegener_Expedition-1930_031.jpg

• Respect! 1

wine -> Schorle

Nearly all of my selfmade country wine (or however wine from a mix of a lot of fruits is called legally at your place) is used for marinading of meat, or for sauces, or for salade dressing, ...

The rest is mainly drunk as Schorle at summer days. A Schorle is a mix of fruit juice or wine with same amount of sparkling Selterz water. Long tradition here since Selters mineral spring is just 20 miles away.

• Like! 1

dj-> Asereje

Wasn't it about a DJ who played a certain song each midnight so that the local dance star could impress girls? Our AuPair from Argentinia was real great in performing it.

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, chattius said:

Athabaskan oil sands -> Avatar

Isn't it the same story? Resources exploited at the cost of native people?

🙌

gogo

explosion -> sister

7th of july 1987 a fuel truck had a brakes failure and was crashing with more than 100km/h into the inner city of Herborn- 34000 litres fuel exploded. My older sister would have been there at an icecream cafe with friends as she did nearly each day. But this day she did some extra training in handball instead, but we didn't know. Was before cellular phones. Our volunteer firefighter department was called for parametre savety.

My mother said it was a terrible feeling not knowing if her two oldest kids would be in the flames or not. Two of my sister friends died.

1868447_artdetail_1pn_DD_LF0SO2.jpg

• zomgod! 1
8 hours ago, chattius said:

explosion -> sister

7th of july 1987 a fuel truck had a brakes failure and was crashing with more than 100km/h into the inner city of Herborn- 34000 litres fuel exploded. My older sister would have been there at an icecream cafe with friends as she did nearly each day. But this day she did some extra training in handball instead, but we didn't know. Was before cellular phones. Our volunteer firefighter department was called for parametre savety.

My mother said it was a terrible feeling not knowing if her two oldest kids would be in the flames or not. Two of my sister friends died.

1868447_artdetail_1pn_DD_LF0SO2.jpg

disastrous Chattius, glad your sister was not there :hugs:

sister -> escape

:)

gogo

escape -> Völkerball

Played it a lot at the summer camp for the kids. It rranslates as Nationball, often called German dodgeball, prisonball, ...

Old game with a single(!) ball. Soldiers(players) who are hit are send to heaven(prison). If they can catch a ball there they are resurrected (or escape prison). Also there is a king. The king has to enter the hitzone when all soldiers are in heaven.

The game needs quick turns because you can be hit from the field and the heaven.