Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

My standard preorder allowed my to get the download done completely in advance, so I didn't have to wait. I didn't have any PS4/5 login issues that were widespread with early access.  

I'm having a blast and taking my time. Unlike during beta, I'm actually reading and watching cutscenes.

@gogoblender FWIW I hear world tier 2 isn't worth it while running the campaign, and the increased rewards aren't commensurate with the higher difficulty. I did learn ingame that after the campaign the first capstone dungeon is available in tier 2.  So you'll need to do tier 2 for endgame.

• Like! 1

I downloaded last night and took a look at the videos and made a character to the point of the start of moving my character around and then I went to bed because it was a bit late for me.  I sent a request to join clan DarkMatters and my character name is Claudius and blizzard account name (is I think) Mighty Elf, some numbers, so keep a look out for me.  I think it will take awhile to level a bit.  I didn't set Veteran level to start out and I am not Hardcore to start out.

• Like! 1
10 minutes ago, claudius said:

I downloaded last night and took a look at the videos and made a character to the point of the start of moving my character around and then I went to bed because it was a bit late for me.  I sent a request to join clan DarkMatters and my character name is Claudius and blizzard account name (is I think) Mighty Elf, some numbers, so keep a look out for me.  I think it will take awhile to level a bit.  I didn't set Veteran level to start out and I am not Hardcore to start out.

I've tried tier 2. I like the mobs and elites, but the bosses are beyond my capability (at level 16 with mostly blue gear).

• Like! 1

Game froze, so I guess it's time to make dinner.

Got the clan invite,  thx. Gotta figure out chat. This nonsense of having to go thru the emote wheel can't be the only way.

• Like! 1

Hey you guyyyyyyyyyyyyys!

Just got in from Ammamma ran there after work and had a dinner with her :D

IMG_6148.jpg

@claudius yee haw! im  logging in now aaaaand... see your request! Sent and ill promote you to officer soon as you accept :D same with you @lujate!! ...clausius level two may seem sooo much harder but its really not... once you start with it you're used to it, and, if you play where we are you can play with higher levels (us) and you get an even larger exp boost 

lujate i hear you about the tuff bosses... OMGOD... but i chose the hardest level just cuz i wanted the xp...im level 42 now, but the third campagn boss has me in my tracks... tomorrow after i finish work im gonna hit the game, no more visiting grammas! :lol: and maybe i can join up with you guys and we can take it out.

I also hear you about taking it easy and just chilling... thats the way i play too.. i love just hanging out in the game and meandering... i want enjoy! @Timotheus looking forward to playing when you have time, by then we'll probably figger out how to power BOOST you so you can play at level with us :D

aaaand... looks like you guys are already int! Yoop ! :bounce: ... I just promoted all of you to officer so you can make anyone you trust in the servers that you enjoy playing with part of the clan.. your vetting is good enough :heart: 

Are we all in the second level then? its the most exp we can get till we break campaign then at level 50

we can do night mare... a whole different game

:oooo:

gogo

• Like! 1

By second level I think you mean the Veteran level?  I am able to switch it back and forth when I am outside the game (when I hit "leave game").  I'm in the first little dungeon north of a little town.  I'll switch to Veteran and see how it goes.  So far I'm using ranged attack which I'm hoping I can do some kiting and get a feel for the game if the difficulty goes up in Veteran.

• Like! 1
17 minutes ago, claudius said:

By second level I think you mean the Veteran level?  I am able to switch it back and forth when I am outside the game (when I hit "leave game").  I'm in the first little dungeon north of a little town.  I'll switch to Veteran and see how it goes.  So far I'm using ranged attack which I'm hoping I can do some kiting and get a feel for the game if the difficulty goes up in Veteran.

oooh just saw your post, going in !

we can keyboard to each other! I think how we meet is at portals...i we cant tpt to each other like before

...well figger it ou 

:D

gogo

Per Google the chat nonsense is how it is on console. Other than that I'm having a blast.

I'm sticking with the training wheels (aka tier 1).  Unlocking my class mechanic was 2 levels above me, and it was touch and go at tier 1.

29 minutes ago, claudius said:

You can also change world tier in the first town, a little north of the portal IIRC. Just know you loose your portal back to where you ported from.

• Thanks! 1

I had an error message accepting a friend request.  Send me another if you can.  I can't figure out a few things yet: town portals?, sending friend requests, I am lacking a keyboard on ps4, and I have an untested headset but everything is so new playing the game that I am going to figure out the headset tomorrow.  But I will accept all friend requests from clan and if I don't it's because of an error.

Will try to send one out again tomorrow :) Also, at some point I wouldn't mind trying to get a voice chat going instead of the regular chat. Maybe after trying to change the chat options it will feel a bit better, but I keep missing messages.

• Like! 1

I just played with Knuckles! but i gotta be a t work at 8 tomorow and up at 6ix am... so out for me..but ill be there tommorrow ... no ammamma, lets game! looks like...once were all in clan...  just put your chat box in cycle mode (you can cycle through the modes) and when yer in clan just do a shout out...whoever of us i in game can respond, you can then click on their name in the chat and invite them to your party...once they accept, just tpt back to your home town and youll see ANOTHER portal near yours....thats your friends...just walk through and youll be right beside them.. cy,all tomorrow night!

:dance2:

gogo

• Like! 1
3 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I just played with Knuckles! but I gotta be a t work at 8 tomorow and up at 6ix am... so out for me..but ill be there tommorrow ... no ammamma, lets game! looks like...once were all in clan...  just put your chat box in cycle mode (you can cycle through the modes) and when yer in clan just do a shout out...whoever of us I in game can respond, you can then click on their name in the chat and invite them to your party...once they accept, just tpt back to your home town and youll see ANOTHER portal near yours....thats your friends...just walk through and youll be right beside them.. cy,all tomorrow night!

:dance2:

gogo

You left me.............................with the Butcher wanting me as the main ingredient for his evening meal!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, I trusted you lol. I finally was able to outrun him with about 25% health and no pots left. He's pretty quick for big fella

• zomgod! 1

I fought a difficult creature that was I guess a side quest (at the center of an oval on the map) and I teamed up with another player only we weren't partied up.  At the end of a long battle where I finally realized a resummoner was keeping the monsters respawning a treasure chest spawned.  I feel a little guilty I looted the chest, but I don't know how loot is done.  Did the other player get their own chest to loot?  Or did I perhaps "ninja" the loot?  I got a staff and chest I am pleased with but in the future I'd like to know how loot is instanced.  I could have dropped one of either the staff or chest.  But then we were different classes anyhow.

• Like! 1

AFAIK everyone gets their own loot and it cannot seen by other players. So loot away worry free.

It sounds like you found an Event. They usually shown up as an orange circle on map. These do reset after a short time, so they can be done multiple times. If you see a blue circle, that will be tied to a quest.

Some places do have a minimum enemy level. Often your character will mention something about it as you enter. It does show up somewhere on your UI but forget where. Will look again when I play tonight

• Like! 1
50 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

AFAIK everyone gets their own loot and it cannot seen by other players. So loot away worry free.

It sounds like you found an Event. They usually shown up as an orange circle on map. These do reset after a short time, so they can be done multiple times. If you see a blue circle, that will be tied to a quest.

Some places do have a minimum enemy level. Often your character will mention something about it as you enter. It does show up somewhere on your UI but forget where. Will look again when I play tonight

Knuckles! sorry leaving so quickly, andabout your liver...i hope its still intact! :hugs: 

That butcher was faaaaaaaaaaast...he just burst out the doors and chewed out my first coupla lives and promptly my last...  nothing i had was working on him, usually my nova blast stuns enemies but this boss was unfazed :oooo: tonight, i have way more time to play, and stoked for the return!

Yah, since Diablo 3 last game, they stopped being able share drops with anyone else....BUT..i think in a party we can share loot we find for up to fifteen minutes? Im not sure it was that way or diablo 3 we can test tonight

:)

gogo

I was having a lot of problems reading that map when first starting out... quests only show up as a lighter shade of blue vs the other blue markings on the map...but made a very satisfying discovery...when yer in map mode and can see the entire map and then when you see where a quest is ... right click on it... it will put down a pin...and when you revert back to your in play mode... youll see a pac-man style line leading you exactly along the ground like a trail of blood that you "consume" pac man style until you get to your target

Very satisfying 

:drool:

gogo

9 hours ago, claudius said:

I had an error message accepting a friend request.  Send me another if you can.  I can't figure out a few things yet: town portals?, sending friend requests, I am lacking a keyboard on ps4, and I have an untested headset but everything is so new playing the game that I am going to figure out the headset tomorrow.  But I will accept all friend requests from clan and if I don't it's because of an error.

My guess is the error is because he's not logged in, but that's just a WAG.

Going in ! a quick thirty minutes before starting work ... I also did some reading on level scaling... seems like Diablo 4 has new  ... so we...while together... each get our own levels of difficulties while taking out monsters and "relevant" drops...

:oooo: 

gogo

Might be around tonight, might not be.

Tomorrow is my day off and my wife's busy so I will play in the daytime for me, starting at around 10 am (UTC). Hope to finish act2.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK