Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

10 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Yeah I'm checking my schedule... :help: not sure whether I'll make it

nooooooo....

:oooo:

that level  level 20 boss unique that drops for the world boss is soooooooooo coooooooooooool

... noooooooooo :cry:  :lol:

55 minutes ago, lujate said:

I didn't get it (or not yet at least).

Lujate, looks like its open beta for everyone

Diablo 4 is getting a surprise open beta before launch

Blizzard is hosting a ‘server slam’ event ahead of Diablo 4’s release date

https://www.polygon.com/23691548/diablo-4-livestream-open-beta-server-slam

@gogoblender I bought D4 thru the Playstation Store, so that might have something to do with it.  I haven't gotten anything from Blizzard.  I was a little worried at first, but I was able to play in the pre-order only beta, so that alleviated my concerns.

• Like! 1
On 4/22/2023 at 5:17 PM, lujate said:

@gogoblender I bought D4 thru the Playstation Store, so that might have something to do with it.  I haven't gotten anything from Blizzard.  I was a little worried at first, but I was able to play in the pre-order only beta, so that alleviated my concerns.

Looks like its gonna be a good ole open Beta, so looking forward to meeting up anyone that's able! :hugs:

and... I have been spending some time watching blizzard's latest theme video of the game... all about playing it "our way" ... the skill tree fascinates me.. lots of way to branch out, link and use "nodes" to add lots of depth with our paragon points.

Legendary Nodes... to meeeeeeeeeeeeeee... 

Yeaaahhh basically that weekend is a no-go for me. Family stuff.
Still have to figure out whether I'll be taking time off in the first week after launch guess I'll have to check our shifts tomorrow... 

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Yeaaahhh basically that weekend is a no-go for me. Family stuff.
Still have to figure out whether I'll be taking time off in the first week after launch guess I'll have to check our shifts tomorrow... 

Fam First, always Timo!

:hugs:

gogo

Aaand it's getting worse and worse :nono: oh well... lol... The day after launch day I'll be studying by the looks of it, no way to take that day off. So I might pop in a bit later than you guys :(

• zomgod! 1
3 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Aaand it's getting worse and worse :nono: oh well... lol... The day after launch day I'll be studying by the looks of it, no way to take that day off. So I might pop in a bit later than you guys :(

Study hard! let not a pursuit of excellence be the reason to attempt a best against the denizens of Diablo! :viking:

and if you do pop in... we'll be here ^^

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Alloooooo Diablo 4 fanz! the slam is out and going... just finishing work gonna get in late, but am downloading the new updates as we speak

Another 30 gb...yeeks!

if our clan is still there look up darkmatters

:diablo:

gogo

Beta's Over!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. nooooooooooooooooooooo ...mid afternoon...  

I ran a SICK lightning build...and finally found a cool site that knows how to write up a build... nightwolfe style!!
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/diablo-4-sorcerer-build

Diablo 4 Lightning Sorcerer build skills

Below, you'll find a full list of the skills that you should acquire for our Diablo 4 Lightning Sorcerer build, in order:

Spark (Basic)

Enhanced Spark

Chain Lightning (Core)

Enhanced Chain Lightning

Destructive Chain Lightning

Flickering Spark

Teleport

Enhanced Teleport

Mystical Teleport

Glass Cannon

Glass Cannon lvl 2

Lightning Spear

Enhanced Lightning Spear

Summoned Lightning Spear

Chain Lightning lvl 2

Glass Cannon lvl 3

Ball Lightning

Enhanced Ball Lightning

Wizard's Ball Lightning

Static Discharge

Invigorating Conduit

Invigorating Conduit lvl 2

Invigorating Conduit lvl 3

Unstable Currents

If release is that smooth, I'll be happy.  I had no delays logging in, and only experienced lag twice (and one my have been client-side).

• Like! 1

You're right. I never had to wait.. and i was expecting drops, and line ups...  hoping for a smooth launch as well.  Lujate, which build did you play ...  rogue?

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, gogoblender said:

You're right. I never had to wait.. and I was expecting drops, and line ups...  hoping for a smooth launch as well.  Lujate, which build did you play ...  rogue?

:)

gogo

Was still on the fence about my 3 choices (Nerco, Sorc, Rogue).  Friday I leveled all to about 6, confirmed my prior doubts about Rogue and deleted it.  I got Necro to 15 and Sorc to 13.

• Sorc: Arc Lash, Chain Lightning, Hydra.
  • Necro: Reap, Bone Spear, Corpse Explosion

Necro still feels the stronger choice despite the nerfs after the initial beta.  That being said, I'm now 60/40 in favor of Sorc at release.  I assumed when I got upgraded Necro minions, they'd replace the existing ones (I.e. my 4 Warriors would go away when I got 3 Mages).  Turns out they keep adding, so I have 7 minions, and would have 8 when I unlocked Golem.  I don't want to be a shepherd simply herding my attack bots thru Sanctuary.

I saved the Sorc build you referenced to try at release.

Of course, there does seem to be controller targeting issues with Teleport.  That might make a difference in my deliberations.

• Like! 1

I hear you about that shepherd feeling..its one of the reasons plus the timing skills needed for some of the builds from last year that got me less interested in it.. Re sorc, I tried a very powerful build for it from youtube...but...spark generator is so low range .. its not very fun to go chasing stuff IMO ...this builder made a good video though, props for putting this video together:

and but yes that lightning build just killed it...but, i have been avidly searching lately for builds that were used in Slam with only 20 levels...and this Sorc Ice Shards build...HOLEE MOLEE...its what Im going to play...check out the feel of those shards flying out in almost streams and how they bounce, reflect...great against bosses, and it also just makes crowds go POP

Turns out the Sorc controller problems aren't just L2P issues.  Consensus seems to be that Sorc is KBM only.  :sob:

Edit:

@gogoblender That first build looks impressive.  For a defensive skill, Flame Shield packs quite a punch.

The guy who posted that video and build is very good. He understands, build progression how to teach us how to use his build and he has very good solid mechanisms for why his  build works… But ultimately it’s a little bit boring. I tried it for a while and was a little unimpressed I mean all you’re doing is you’re throwing up as many shields as you can, and then using those little sparks to fry things sizzle sizzle sizzle and blow them all up. It got tiring because the sparks go only halfway across the screen while the lightning and/or the beautiful ice bolts build has full screen range that to me just feels very satisfying. 
by the way, you use the acronym KBM what does that mean?

also, I’m falling in love with or have already fallen in love with how much impact points distribution makes with just 20 points look at the huge variety of builds we can create… And we are getting mounts! I can’t even imagine the possibilities of this game with mounts

🍄

gogo

• The title was changed to Diablo IV - DarkMattters -> Clan D.a.r.K ... Invited back to Sanctuary !

Btw...anyone know how mounts are gonna work? is it only for people who buy it as cosmetic accessory or will regular plays be able to get it ?

gogo

14 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Btw...anyone know how mounts are gonna work? is it only for people who buy it as cosmetic accessory or will regular plays be able to get it ?

gogo

I checked the mount vendor during beta, and it said I hadn't completed enough of the campaign yet.  So I assume everyone will get mounts.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, lujate said:

I checked the mount vendor during beta, and it said I hadn't completed enough of the campaign yet.  So I assume everyone will get mounts.

So far they look.. decent… but I want more BANG .., kinda like mounts in wow…however .. if anyone can magnificent mountains out of molehills it will be blizzrd

💪

hoho

• The title was changed to Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK