Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK

Jealous you’re getting through the acts!! I’m very close to level 50 though as soon as I hit it, I think I will change the difficulty setting and do the entire campaign… I have a long day  so will get in later 

🥰

gogo

• zomgod! 1

I'm steaming ahead to level 30. I feel like progression slows down when you do campaign quests.

50 already SHEEEESH :lol:

By the way, had a glitch yesterday where an event kept popping back up. After finishing up, I was just standing still sorting through my gear, minmaxing, when suddenly I heard a familiar scream of a villager. Sure enough,  the event triggered again. I'm gonna give that a shot again tomorrow, if it happens. Easy XP.

• Appreciation 1

I tried immortal (on a computer), it didn't work so well and it was monotonous, Diablo IV opens up more possibilities, but I don't think I'll buy it because of certain paid or unpredictable pay to win content. A lot of games follow this pattern, if we only take as a basis that I bought a disc a long time ago and played it, it can't be considered progress at all.

• Like! 1

In my head I have always compared game prices to a night out at the movies. If I get at least the hours of fun in what the game cost me in dollars/euros, I'm content. I bought the standard game because I don't care about the cosmetics, and since I have no experience with season passes I haven't bothered for that either. Who knows whether I end up spending any more cash in the future, but this is the way I look at the game. And so far, it's doing perfectly fine.

And maybe of note: I haven't played DI. Did purchase D2R when it was on sale.

• Like! 1
6 hours ago, kokoka said:

I tried immortal (on a computer), it didn't work so well and it was monotonous, Diablo IV opens up more possibilities, but I don't think I'll buy it because of certain paid or unpredictable pay to win content. A lot of games follow this pattern, if we only take as a basis that I bought a disc a long time ago and played it, it can't be considered progress at all.

4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

In my head I have always compared game prices to a night out at the movies. If I get at least the hours of fun in what the game cost me in dollars/euros, I'm content. I bought the standard game because I don't care about the cosmetics, and since I have no experience with season passes I haven't bothered for that either. Who knows whether I end up spending any more cash in the future, but this is the way I look at the game. And so far, it's doing perfectly fine.

And maybe of note: I haven't played DI. Did purchase D2R when it was on sale.

I'm with Timo... dont really care for cosmetics (yet  anyway... who knows right :D) and I dont know anything about passes.  It is a lot of fun to play however, and if you have the comp or console, you can try and play with us, we're all pretty laid back, and there's lots of content in this game

Just search for darkmatters and we can meet up

:gogo:

gogo

Having great fun blindly exploring this game everything so new and beautiful looking and sounding game.

I have my headset working for hearing audio in game all to my headphones but still exploring the microphone.  I tried initiating the microphone and I had an icon over the thumbnail of my portrait (in a screen in D4) that I was giving audio by voice, but no one answered me to confirm it was working.  I'm also going to explore if there's a setting (in D4) to have my voice to microphone to go into text chat.  That would be great.

Otherwise without microphone it's a great world to explore, but takes time to send a message.  Besides I have some leveling up to do before I can play with people anyhow.  Also I don't really know much about the game mechanics or what gear I'm looking for as an earth druid.  I seem to need to choose between staff (2 hand) or stats stick and totem.  And lots more to learn about making my character.  I don't even really know what the ability scores do yet and things like that!

@kokoka I haven't heard any legit pay-to-win accusations about D4.

@claudius   I'm not much into theory crafting, but I also don't want to blindly adopt some build. I played around a bit and tried out every basic and core skill. Once I'd decided the ones I wanted to play, I searched for a build that used them.

As for chat, I'm going try using the Blizzard mobile app. It integrates fully with the game, and it works like console chat should. I pick up my keyboard (or tablet in this case), type what I have to say, and then switch back to my controller. I don't think it does clan chat, but I think it allows group chats with multiple friends, so I don't think clan chat is a deal breaker.

• The title was changed to Diablo IV -Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan tag: DarK - Time to Play and post about your Dark days in the smoky pits!!
2 hours ago, Timotheus said:

Will be painting some sills quickly before logging in again. If anyone's interested, I'm keen to give clan voice chat a go today.

@gogoblender should we change the topic name (remove release dates) and detail the clan name in the title so everyone can find us?

The name is DarkMatters right? What's the tag again?

Done!!

Clan name: DarkMatters

Clan tag: Dark

I've updated the title...traditionally the clan play thread for us over the games, years has been "Time to Play" so i kinda worked that in with some extra info... Does it read more clear now ?
:)

gogo

ps ... paint those sills BEFORE looking even at the keyboard... the Diablo Fever is here... 

:oooo:

gogo

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Been having a hard time finding a character/build that I want to level past lvl20. Pretty sure it will be a Druid or Barbarian though. A big ugly guy just like me lol.

Part of me wants to rush campaign so I can unlock several features for all toons, but part of me needs to explore every nook and cranny. (Remember the Uber Goober anyone:)). So I end up doing a bit of both and seem to wander aimlessly.

At some point I'll get a headset so I can voice chat. I'm a slow typist and I can easily miss any text chats when in combat.

I think someone already mentioned right-clicking your intended destination on the map and it will show the fastest path to get there. I love that'll even show the path thru areas you haven't explored yet and still has fog of war.

If you find a statue out in the wild and see a circle on the ground in front of it, you can interact with it. Just read the inscription and it will give you a clue as to what emote to use.

For example I came across one and while most of the inscription was worn away, one of the words on it was 'Farewell'. I opened the emote wheel and selected 'Goodbye' and the statue gave me a temporary buff. Just make sure you are standing in the circle when doing it or nothing will happen. Found several like that so far in my travels.

Been having a hard time finding a character/build that I want to level past lvl20. Pretty sure it will be a Druid or Barbarian though. A big ugly guy just like me lol.

awwwwwwwww

:heart: :lol:... hope you got some head cans... waiting to hear that 6'5 bear voice... been what now 20 years like that we only recognize each other from the shrieks in game and the tapping of keys

:4rofl: 

Part of me wants to rush campaign so I can unlock several features for all toons, but part of me needs to explore every nook and cranny. (Remember the Uber Goober anyone:)). So I end up doing a bit of both and seem to wander aimlessly.

I know exactly what you mean.  I had two days of this game before any of you guys...and , that's all I wanted to do. Just keep wandering and aimlessly wandering , not really "learning" anything like on a school syllabus or guide...but just wanting to see sights. And this game has them.  The sound on headphones has SOLD me...I've never hard anything like this, sounds are coming from all round me, rich and beautifully imagined and executed... with AAA game like this, we truly are getting the best that tech has to offer. Its only cuz of you guys being online that i started getting more serious about putting more "work" into this hahahah and Timo last night asking me if I even have my mount yet at level 46 stuck me as a "time to get to work" mode

:lol:

so im giving my up addiction to leveling etc, and am focusing on getting through campaign.  I was looking at what we need to progress to next difficiulty level and to get t nightmare which is where the REAL game starts with sweet new items and mechanics on the paradigm board (did you guys see it! lol i havent even put any points in yet im too overwhelmed by it..its like its own chess game... gotta reeeeeeeeeeeeeed...

If you find a statue out in the wild and see a circle on the ground in front of it, you can interact with it. Just read the inscription and it will give you a clue as to what emote to use.

For example I came across one and while most of the inscription was worn away, one of the words on it was 'Farewell'. I opened the emote wheel and selected 'Goodbye' and the statue gave me a temporary buff. Just make sure you are standing in the circle when doing it or nothing will happen. Found several like that so far in my travels.

I did not know this! You know, i was stuck at at a  statue and just shooting, exploding and spelling it for hours... finally brought Schot in to trouble shoot it with me ..lol and it was only then we figgered out we had to Emote too! :lol:

oookay... and what a Diablo day it was last night...after i switched to that easier level of one...campaign got MUCH smoother...and ...im finally understanding how to use my build....lol i kept button mashing all the buttons at the same time... no use, and read as ...impending death 24/7 .  Now, i "get" a bit better the timing and use of the play style on my Sorc Ice...and i've fallen in love with ice shards...its heafty DPS and i adore sniping with it...plus the drops now are just so sweet...games feeling gooooooood...Thanks @lujate  for MaxRoll! I kept going through many, many guides and finally accepted max roll as having the deepest guides... this guide had me give up my basic skill that we always "traditionally" keep in builds...and give it up for a ...shield?  Its audacity dropped me...but, dang ..it works...and the glory is good

Ugh, went to bed last night at 2 am and only waking up now at ...yeeeeeeeeeeeeeks... 1030?
Gaming is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad :lol:

@claudius I was sending messages out through voice last night, the voice now is set for clan, guys you should be able to use it, next time im in..ill come in for a few mins now before getting to some days work, it should be able to chat.

Gluck DarK Descenders!

:viking:

gogo

• Like! 1

Oh, and... errrr...dunno what happened...but i started to mess around with the appearance  cuz were getting unlock transmogs from stuff we salvage..but...but ... I look my Barbara Eden from I dream of Jeannie with matching coat and sheer Jeannie, Balloon pants... NO the way i wanted to go with this toon. 

:rofl: 

download.jpg

:)

gogo

• Haha 1

I don’t see a message .. hmmm.. I’ll edit our first post a bit here telling people we either will vet them in game AFtEr playing with them in server or they can put up a post here showing interest and tell us their name in advance 

💪

gogo

Around L29, Tier 1 was feeling too easy so I jumped to Tier 2.  My first boss fight might send me running back to Tier 1 with my tail between my legs.  Only time will tell.

During the week, I tend to be online roughly during the 8 o'clock hour in the evening (GMT-5).  Weekends, all bets are off.

• Like! 1

Same here with bosses .. they’re tuff fer me now.. I run camp in level 2 and if I meet any boss too tuff I change level to one , take out the boss  , then switch to level two and continue with campaign
😎

gogo 

Jumping in for a wee bit before lunch with Ammamma... Was running through campaign late last night on fire, got to the beginning of act 4... boom they presented with horse... u go to FAST.. got through all of act four quickly, its short and now gonna spend some time this morning on side quests...

diablo's side quests are very differnt from sacred 2's or Sacred Underworld....they are long, have great girth , some good story , and some great bosses.. no quickies, settle in for some story telling... this game is BIG.

What hapenned last night was that i hit this point where i could not take any more quests... max quests picked up! :lol: 

moving forward...side quests in level 2 and grinding in level 2, camp bosses in level 1 if i cant take 'em out 

In we gooooooooooooo

gogo

GMT+2 on evenings I will hop on anywhere between 8 and 9PM, until 12AM max. I'm going to pace myself a bit, since it's been getting late A LOT. So unless it's weekend I probably can't really meet up with any of you guys.

• Appreciation 1
  • The title was changed to Diablo IV -Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan tag: DarK - Time to Play!

Works come into the world again so have had to relax on the hours playing.

And what a game

That horse you get automatically at the beginning of act 4 is a delight .. and not a thing to do for it 😄

saddles are expensive , in the millions but I think they were like that in sacred as well? 
I’m at  at level 53 now, with a very OP ice shards build I got from max roll.. kind of a challenge to set up as I didn’t know all the mechanics yet but a real powerhouse and pleasure to play .. specially with headphones.. booms and cracks are absolutely satisfying . 
I’ve stopped doing campaign for a bit .. wanted a break from the sooo “epic” story and wanted to have small experiences with the local lands, their folk and their lives l. This game has so much content and the map is huuuuuuuge… 

remember that first feeling in sacred underworld.., first time yiu got on a horse and  decided to just run as far as you could … this game has that feeing down if not even better .. as you run far far .. the lands change , topography, clothing, weather… 

they have made side quests things if beauty and I am just stuck enjoying them these days 

😍

gogo

• Like! 1

Same here with work I guess. Spent the evening on Monday with my better half, Tuesday I had a team building session with dinner after so I wasn't home until 22.00 (10PM), and today I had to take the car in for maintenance which meant I had to catch up with work tonight.  I'm tempted to jump on for a bit (21.45 here, 9.45PM) but I know I'm not going to get anything done really.

• The title was changed to Diablo IV Time to Play! Clan Name: DarkMattters -> Clan Tag: DarK