SEcond LIfe...hottest new thing in town?

Guest gogoblender

Guest gogoblender

K...I bit the bullet and actually signed up

I love it and hate it all at the same time.

Polished and very organized and deep community...I quickly turned it off after reading how deep this game goes and how far it CAN go!

;)

See...that's the scary thing about second life...it's all about what the community's inspiration and imagination can build.

Sky's the limit...and it seems that even the sky itself can be breached with an amazing game editor that allows you to build anything you want whilst trading original designs and creations eg. cars, CAtwalk animations for a budding model career, pets, jetpacks...anything.

So...is anyone here playing it?

And if yer not, you may wanna give the game a try...

http://secondlife.com/

It's free...for now...and property is still bein sold with islands now made available.

So...is this SEcond LIfe gonna be the next big thing?

:)

gogo

well, I downloaded it... installed it... played it... and was bored to death ... sluggish graphics... no action, and basicly allthough it's free to play .. it is pay to play if you really wanna emerge yourself into this. my real life is costing me enough money as is.. so the last step I performed was.. I uninstalled it and in a while I'll have forgoten it as well :(

• 1 month later...

Hmm.. just checking this out now. Apparently WoW players use second life for clan meetings while the servers are down for maintainance. It might be a cool way to get some of us together instead of irc

Guest gogoblender

heh...I was kinda thinkin the same thing....

but Dredd's right...the graphics are sluggish and...I dunno...didn't feel like the same thing as here.

I find our forum boards a little more familiar and less taxing on the system

gogo

p.s. course...who's to say their technology won't get better.

HEre's ta hoping it does

:cow_white:

Looks abit like Sims....

Eeek :D

I had a look, closed it....and now I am going back for a nother look....you know cos I have to make my mind up myslef and all :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Just came across an article in Fotrune magazine... they report that over 450 residents are earning more than US$1000 per month ! There's this one lady Anche Chung (reported to be some sort of celebrity already) who claims to own more than US$ 1 million worth of property and currently employs 30 people ! There's also a game developed by some resident called Tringo (mix between tetris and bingo) that became so popular that Nintendo's Game Boy advance got it licenced to them...

I'm taking another look here...

I wish I could scan the article for you guys but our scanner is busted... I'll see what I can do...

Guest gogoblender

the game model is first class. Teh idea of making all thos products and then selling them there and/or in real life is compelling?

And Scleameth that article would be awesome

Btw anyone here ever read teh book Other land?

lol, I had JUST started reading that when Esfan showed me this site.

creeeeeeeeeeepy

lll

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

Omg you could be paying hundreds of dollars playing this game. With graphic like that?...........

Unbelievable! Astonishing even. :D

the game known as Real Life. :rolleyes:

What are the system requirements and how much does it cost?

~Doom

• 2 weeks later...