Pan's Labyrinth

Schot

Pan's Labrynth may very well be on it's way to becoming a legend. Is it a legend? In parts of the world it may already be. Personally I can't near say, though whether it be nor whether it will is soon to be discovered as I prepare for what has been largely described as brilliant and many other fantastical words which may not do this tale the justice it so magnificently conjures. Oddly, for someone who has yet to step into the labrynth and become lost, I have much to say about it don't I. I have on several occasions, however, stood before the gnarly gates and possibley a part of me has already begun the journey.

Pan's Labrynth

There is an option on the site to listen to the soundtrack as well as to select which track you'd like to listen to. In there entireties. I find the soundtrack to be exceptional as well as immersing.

First showing here in Montreal will be the 19th of this month and I'm counting the days.

Here's a little something that the official site inspired me to draw. :4rofl:

pansdarkwe6.jpg

And here are some brief reviews on the film that I came across.

Pan's Labrynth quick reviews

Happy travels. :sweating:

Guest gogoblender

I remember seeing the info for this movie a while ago when the trailer came out. This director is one of the good ones and has based a lot of his work on the spanish civil war. Some interesting history, superb design and fantasy all rolled into one nice little package.

NIce work on the Dark Design schot

Check out a movie called The Cell

lots more of those animated fill (remember I thought of that term :sweating:) effects.

Cheers

:4rofl:

gogo

wow!

What an amazing site firstly...The Soundtrack is playing right now...it's totally captivating!

This film I MUST see!

My eldest was playing here and heard the trailer for the film....came over and didn't move a muscle whilst it was playing....only to say at the end of it...' I am definately seeing that film with you Mom'

LOL

I think I'll be spending a lot of time on this site...wow Thanks Schot! :)

I am utterly captivated by it!

Guest gogoblender

yeah yeah, nice site, yeah yeah nice music...

but I swear...if I hear that music fer just one more day I'm gonna wring something...

Schot go and see the movie fast why dontcha!

:)

gogo

Guest gogoblender

lol

ahh, sorry

just wokeup and my nose is all stuff filled

lol

maybe I'll fill better after I rinse a nostril out with coffee

gogo

Guest gogoblender
Yes, definitely want to see this. I've always loved the "darker" fairy tale-type stories. This seems like it would fall right into that category.

I really like the way you put that Kel..."darker" fairy tale-type stories.

Any other ones in that category that you or anyone else from here could recommend?

I've always found the "dark" ones to be the really interesting ones

:thumbsup:

gogo

• 3 weeks later...

Browsing the board, saw this category and thought, "Oh, I've gotta tell everyone to see Pan's Labyrinth. It just came out here last weekend. My gf said she wanted to go, we usually have differing tastes, so I didn't expect a whole lot. Best movie I've seen in awhile! Delectable use of violence, brilliant use of light/color & a story line that's not wrought with the same American movie sing/song plot & emotional garbage. Go see it if you haven't!

Guest gogoblender

I saw it.

I have to say right off the bat the movie's use of violence really surprised me and completly took me by surprise.

And....lol, it was in spanish! I was perhaps a bit miffed that I didn't know there were going to be english subtitles, however...once the movie started up and got going...the subtitle factor about it dissapeared. And I was sucked away into the labyrinth.

omgstuff, brilliant lighting yes. And wonderfully imaginative uses of magic.

Here is the thing.

The theatre was packed.

Fully packed

How many cells went off?

none

HOw many coughs?

none

ONe of the most silent movie watching experiences I can remember being in and one which really made very sound in the film come alive.

A great movie watching experience and, for one of those rare times, made even more so awesome by sharing it with hundreds of others at the same time.

Go see it

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

I saw this movie without knowing anything about it. It was probably the most depressing film I've ever seen in my life, seriously. Very stylistic, but honestly I was expecting a fantasy movie, not a horror movie. Claire, dont take your kids to see this, its definitely not for children. Just thinking about this movie bums me out. Normally I'm a fan of gratuitous violence (blood eruption in army of darkness anyone?), but this one was gruesome, took me by surprise

Guest gogoblender

Cth you hit it on the head with the word "surprise"

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT!

I was REALLY surprised when the bad guy stabbed the guy's son in the face over and over until he died...in front of his dad. Hardcore scene and really not something I had come to see and something that kinda stayed with me the whole film

Yeah it was a good film.

But it certainly wasn't the kind of film I thought I was paying to see.

Good or bad this

Dunno...but I know I walked out feeling weird

:(

gogo