Roasts rok

I recently moved in with Incendareous - I have been eating like a king!! :P

Inc and me are big on roasts.. I thought I was good, he is the master - there easy, you get your meat and your veg and there yum. We have them like three times a week, and we choose the most awesome meat we can find. (lots of cows in Aust ) :sigh:

Here is last nights before and after -

BEFORE -

DSC00150.jpg

AFTER -

DSC00151.jpg

Bon Appetite -

Now that looks really yummmy ! Was the roast done in record time or was the beer just left alone to get warm and flat :):sigh:

LOL.. Thats 4 beers later..thats the beauty of it - 4 beers and a feed - paradise!

Guest gogoblender

Anestty, you are the king!

actually...you and Inc are the kings man...lookey at the meat

Ya know, lately I've been havin this huge craving fer Red meat, but it's all gone so through the roof lately with pricing on beef bein nutz these days.

three times a week?

Dude all I can say is...

more cooking...

more pics of more cooking being cooked!

Great

thread

:)

gogo

p.s. can you tell me exactly what kind cut of meat this is in the pic?

Do yo guys do all tha marinating kinda stuff before hand?

p.s.s I'm super jealous that just like that you were able to get this pics up. Hmmmm, I think I'm gonna do some in-kitchen camming ^^

Mmmm, yum!

As much as I do love roast I have yet to take up the task of cooking one myself. Those pictures sure are motivating though Anestty. Have you and Incendareous got room for one more mate over there? :drinks:

Sorry gogo! :)

OMG Droolz!

I am on the next plane....I love this we should start this thread as the king of roasts and everyone should post their pics of whatever culinary delights they make...I am drooling looking at that pic!...Have you guys ever made Yorkshire puddings?....they would be an awesome accompaniment to that amazing roast!

:):drinks::bow::D

Oooh yummy...I am going to make us a roast tomoorow...hehe as it's sunday.

For your Yorkies, here's how I do em.

Heat up the oven till it's veeery hot, use some of the meat juices to grease your tins, those bun tins are ok to use...if not meat juices then yes good old lard...this needs to get 'smoking hot'

The Mix

Basically it's pancake mix but a weeny bit thicker.

Plain Flour

2 eggs

salt

milk and some water( I use about 2/3rds milk 1/3 water & never full fat milk as it seems to make em heavy)

The Cooking bit

Whisk it all up untill it's nice and full of air bubbles and then pop into your extremely hot tins....place in oven...now remember...don't keep opening the oven door, they won't rise so well :evil: and never bang the oven door when putting em in :blush:

After about 20 mins or so depending on temp of your oven they should be all risen and ready to munch!

hehe and I do what my Nan and my Mom still do I only ever use my yorkie tins for Yorkie puds...and I never wash em...just rub em round with some oil n kitchen roll after use....lol...works for me and I never have em sticking to the tins!...death to anyone who would wash mi tins :cha (18):

:4rofl:

Guest gogoblender

allright Claire, now yer in trouble

cuz...tommorrow...after its cooked...we're all gonna clamor for a pic!

:cha (18):

gogo

Just throwing in a little tip on cooking your roast. First coat it very lightly in a mixture of flour and pepper Then sear it in a frying pan then go ahead an put it in the oven. Searing seals in the juices ( guess my degree in Food & Beverages didnt go unused *lol*)s5oeat.gif

cool!

lol, does that turn it into some kind of Roast Mcnugget?

:blink:

gogo

That would be one heck of a BIG McNugget.

Now if any of you has a bbq I can give you all one recipe you wont belive *S* Well depending on the type of bbq you have IE: charcoal, gas, brickets, electric or a combination smiley_834.gif

Let me amed that statement. The recipe would work best on charcoal and you can pm me if you want it might take up too much room here

Edited by Borg