What do you do when the Main starts running out of room... ?

Oh is that what the tera-whatever is for?

Its description is kinda vague though... so what you just build it? and it will provide random fields? :4rofl:

ok I will log in then.

Terraformer

With the increasing development of a planet, the question of limited living space in colonies becomes more and more important. Traditional methods, such as high-rises and underground construction prove to be increasingly insufficient. A small group of high-energy physicists and nanoengineers finally found the solution: terraforming.

At the cost of enormous amounts of energy, the terraformer can reclaim whole swaths of land or even continents. In this building, specially-constructed nanites are produced to provide a constant soil quality.

Once built, the terraformer can't be torn down.

So what this building does? :4rofl:

its true that in some of the real older (im talking older then .org is) did get a few extra fields.

but when you get low on fields IMO you need to:

deconstruct any research lab you may have

aswell as all but a few levels of storage making sure that the ress is shipped out to moons / other planets before the storage maxes out

the same can be said for teh missile silos... dont have anymore then you need :4rofl:

edit:

terraformers are also handy

but unless you have quite high defence, then getting to higher then level 4 is hard because of the energy required...

Edited by Wraith02

Terraformer makes more fields for your Planet Each Level gives you 5 extra Fields 1 of them is used up by the Terraformer itself

requirements for terraformer are

Nanite factory level 1

Energy technology level 12

Energy 1000

and cost for level 1 is 50000 Crystal and 100000 Deuterium :Just_Cuz_21:

Terraformer (level 4)

The terraformer increases the usable surface of planets.

Requirements: Crystal: 800.000 Deuterium: 1.600.000 Energy: 16.000

Terraformer (Stufe 5)

Der Terraformer vergrössert die nutzbare Fläche auf Planeten.

Benötigt: Kristall: 1.600.000 Deuterium: 3.200.000 Energie: 32.000 (taken from my .de acc)

so see what I mean about the energy :Just_Cuz_21:

wow, yeah you can probably save that and build a deathstar instead. :Just_Cuz_21:

Edit: Oh! then what would happen if you don't have the energy to keep it up? Would the building on the field be razed? :o

no once the extra fields has been built its there to stay (though there is an occation display bug where it dissapears, but goign into resources and clicking calculate a few times usually brings it back :Just_Cuz_21:)

my Advice is this,

1) Use all your planets for mines MAINLY

2) Use 5 Planets ((if you plan on being fleet)) with high nanites + Shipyards for fleet

3) Use 3 Planets for High Research, AE MASSIVE Research labs like level 15s :Just_Cuz_21:

4) Use your last planet slot for which you chose too specialize in, like DEUT for a deut trader meaning you set up a 200+ feilder in a 15 Slot and use it for deut mines if your gunna be fleet use it as anouther fleet planet if your research inclined use research labs ect ect...

and dont forget too spread them out over each Gal So when the uni starts dieing and your farms in one area go dead you can easily find new ones :o

Edited by Athrin
  • 9 months later...

Lol Llama... thats gotta hurt. I am stuck with a 129 with a level 6 terra former. I dare not destroy it as the points drop would be huge! Somewhere in the order of 400K pts! Plus the loss of production. I am just about to start destroying my solar plants as I still have a huge pile of sats from my level 6 terra to last me for a while. Gotta try and cram a lv 34 and lv35 metal and also a lv 5 nanite on there

Do It Rik, I Zeroed out my solar plants on my main and with 1200 satellites and a terraformer 6 ive got room and energy to spare. I know w/a smaller colony it sucks and ya hate ta think of all that work down the drain. What is your solar at...30ish? Just think of 30 more fields, with the amt of rez it costs you to upgrade yer mines-it'll take you a while to fill that many fields.

Somewhere in the order of 400K pts!

Yup, something like 450k for me. But now I have a nice 299 planet. :4rofl:

In future, I may do as Locutus suggests & just get rid of solar plants.

*sigh*

Yes, never delete a planet. There are many ways to consolidate fields. :woot: I have never built an account with a planet under 200 fields (not including main), but occasionally I will have to mess around with fields on an account I take from someone else. Terraformer level 4 isn't bad at all, and 6 is becoming more common. :o

Yes, never delete a planet.

That's a lot easier if you don't start off with small planets. Had I known what I know now when I was starting out, I wouldn't have had such small planets & this wouldn't have been an issue for me.

*sigh*

Yes, never delete a planet.

That's a lot easier if you don't start off with small planets. Had I known what I know now when I was starting out, I wouldn't have had such small planets & this wouldn't have been an issue for me.

*sigh*

Very good point, but it you have a planet with that many points invested into it... I would consider deleting less essential buildings instead. How many fields did this planet have?

Very good point, but it you have a planet with that many points invested into it... I would consider deleting less essential buildings instead. How many fields did this planet have?

150? Or something like that, definitely less than 200.