The Day of the Cyrillic Alphabet

To all those that use Кирилица (that's in Bulgarian, I think Katran may have to write it slightly different), in Bulgaria, today is the day we celebrate it's creation, the St Cyril and Methodius's day.

It is also celebrated as the day of Bulgarian culture!

Cheers to all that celebrate!

I didnt think anyone new of this here and I didnt want to put a nother thing from my cultur on everyone else but this is one of the biggest hollidays in my country. The day of the two Macedonia brothers that created the letter we use. :4rofl:

Thanks A LOT DickNail you made my day! :bye:

P.S.: That is the same way in Macedonian and it is the same way for all that use it. :)

Yee Haw, sounds like we got us a grand party goin on here.

Happy St Cyril and Methodius's day to all of those who celebrate it!

Is there particular foods that are served you guys?

Any special traditions that are followed?

I love learning about our members.

Cheers, and keep safe during this holiday time you two!

:4rofl:

gogo

No no special food Gogo. We go to church to light a candle thouse that can go to Rome to visit the grave of St Cyril but very rear I mean it cost a lot to get to Rome even thogh it is close.

Schools have organized plays, sports and what not.

The first and biggest Colage is called by them[the one I go to].

They are two very big names Gogo not just for Macedonians but for the sloven people on the balcans and more. They created the letters but allsaw thought people how to use them read and write. :4rofl:

Hmm, shame I never heard of it...

*goes to update his calendar*

But have a nice day, or two..

Sylph

Edited by Sylph
No no special food Gogo. We go to church to light a candle thouse that can go to Rome to visit the grave of St Cyril but very rear I mean it cost a lot to get to Rome even thogh it is close.

Schools have organized plays, sports and what not.

The first and biggest Colage is called by them[the one I go to].

They are two very big names Gogo not just for Macedonians but for the sloven people on the balcans and more. They created the letters but allsaw thought people how to use them read and write. :)

Pretty much the same in Bulgaria. Long ago, there were parades on this day, but the custom died a few years after the communist fell :D( (it was nice, though).