Where does your name come from?

There are some great names on the forum so I was wondering where does your name actually come from?...what made you choose the name you have?...Do you use that name on any other forums or games or do you change it around?

Mines very simple...it's my name backwards ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I created mine for the very first and still most fave game Tron 2.0. Tron 2.0 was an online multiplayer. In various arenas you would battle eacthother either 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 and even 4vs4 which in this game was completely insane! Best 2 of 3 won. The way in which we did battle was with our discs. Ahem, I said discs... The discs acted much like boomarangs and you had to hit your oponent 3 times to win a round.

Anyway, the reason why I chose Schot was because yah had to be a good shot in this game. And so I just threw in the letter c for the sake of creativity. :)

I've stuck with it in every game and forum since.

If ever anyone wants to give it a try let me know. You can Download a demo here:

Use my login if you like.

Email: tig_@myway.com

Password: darkmatters

Tron 2.0 Demo

Aurora is:

the goddess of Dawn

and

"a luminous phenomenon that consists of streamers or arches of light appearing in the upper atmosphere of a planet's magnetic polar regions and is caused by the emission of light from atoms excited by electrons accelerated along the planet's magnetic field lines"

and I just really like it:)

I started using it when I joined uni 9 and now use it all over the place :D

Aurora

Hey yeah looks like you are right Gintukas, I didnt know that!

"The Aurora is a Russian protected cruiser, currently preserved as a museum ship in St. Petersburg. She became a symbol of the communist revolution in Russian"

You learn something new everyday ;)

Aurora

Yarasa (Turkish) = Bat (English)

Don't let my avatar fakes you. Actualy there is only a little bit of connection between them.

I always like to stay awake at late night. So my friend started to call me Yarasa when I was child (computers wasn't invented yet :D ). I really get used to that name, I usually use in everywhere.

I chose this name because Majora was a name for a ... *clears throat* Oriental Female. so Omega means "An end to something, a beginning to everything else".

If you still aren't sure, check Encarta or something about it :P

• 1 month later...

well its all my friends fault :rolleyes: you see a named my Halo character at his house TimOfDoom thats where it all started :unsure:

mine,

my friends,

is technically the letters

O-M-G- and then THREE SPACES followed by the letters S-T-U-F-F.

It was inspired by 13 year old girls and the excitement the exude about stuff.

Such as "OMG, HOT BOIZ!"

or... "OMG ICE CREEM!!"

alright,

so my name doesn't mean anything, but I think it's kinda alright.

That's it.

:unsure:

Hmmm my name?

Arianna...

Well... when I first got online I was telling everyone my real name and some concerned citizen told me to make up a name. So I named myself Ariansidhe (ar-ee-arn-shee) - Celtic for Silver Faerie. Everyone calls me Ari for short... I have friends IRL that call me Ari now!

For some reason and at some point, I added the "anna" to it...

I am also known online as Anomaly or Anne O'Malley, but that's another story, it's got something to do with me being unique or weird or abnormal or some such...

Mines simple...Anestty is my local surf break..I have been surfing there for years...I have started naming all my planets after famous and not so famous surf breaks...Kirra, Cloud Break...etc..

Coops of course is my surname...im known by both in Ogame and Spawn...I use Anestty for allmost everything online these days.

:unsure:

Hello to all! I'm new to this, but I'll post anyway and because of that my avatar or signature could be waky or something.

Therion means beast in ancient greek (I think). That's my name also in Ogame and all other games.

Guest gogoblender

Great name Therion

I've always liked names with some cool historical meaning

re: yer avatar

get a hosting site like image shack to host whichever image you'd like to put in our forum

then go to My Controls.

copy and paste the url that imageshack will supply after you upload the image.

use the one at the bottom called Direct Link to Image

Copy and paste this into the correct field in your control panel.

Voila

new avatar

Cheers

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

I'm interested to know the reasons behind everyone nickname. Why did you choose it. How long have you been using it etc?

I use Firefly as I loved the TV series and the film based on the TV series, but I ususally hang under the name rikgale on most fourms and I've been using that for about 6-7years, as it is an abbrev. of my first name and surname.

it happened at a freinds house a few years agoi was making a character to paly halo with at his house and I made tim of doom because my name is tim aafter that when I began palying SC I used timofdoom and now its stuck /thumbsup