Fallout 3 and more....

This brings a smile to my face. Fallout 3 WOW I am getting this one when it gets out and I didnt know that they were making one.

hmm I personally like Fall out tactics more... granted ... less rpg .. more action.. but I'm a huge fan of the jagged alliance series and FOT gave me that same experience in a post apocalyptic world. not sayin I dislike fallout 2 btw :P that game also rocks..

can't really wait for fallout 3 .. so I reinstalled both FO 2 and FOT :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Well this is really great news, but this F3 doesn't sound at all like the other Fallout series.

I mean the camera type is different(like in oblivion IV produced by bethesda), the gameplay,the graphics(well ok with that).

This game will be more like Oblivion IV than like Fallout II(played both).

Truly bethesda did a good thing buying Fallout 3 project but it is transforming the fallout we know to a different game.

You'll agree with me after you take a look at the screenshots!

PS:Nice forum!

It's an AMAZING trailer. Tone, production values, and spectacular creativity. I've never played this game, but from all you guys posting about it, it was enough to make me take a peek.

A definite must see.

:bye:

gogo

hmm I personally like Fall out tactics more... granted ... less rpg .. more action.. but I'm a huge fan of the jagged alliance series and FOT gave me that same experience in a post apocalyptic world. not sayin I dislike fallout 2 btw :dance: that game also rocks..

Kinda what ^he^ said. :lol:

I liked fallout tactics more, as for jagged alliance, man, those games were awesome.

*sigh* I hope all goes well and they actually release JA3...

But back on topic, Fallout 3 looks pretty nifty. :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When I watched the trailer for Fallout 3 when it was released, I got chills at "War. War never changes."

I mean really, is there another phrase that is so immediately attributed to a game and so meaningful at the same time:) No, I didn't think so :sick:

I hope they release it for Mac too. I recently acquired Fallout and Fallout II in Mac format and have been pretty happy. Any issues with the Mac and gaming have been resolved when I discovered that there were versions of Fallout for it :)

• 9 months later...

Got the game from a friend and installed it as I started it got some nice flash backs about Fallout 1,2 and tactics. The first thing I found interesting was when I started a new game there was no place to chose a character and pre set your stats. But when the game started a big surprises I just came to the world of vault 101 and as my "dad" asked the doctor "Doctor is it a boy or a girl?" a selection screen came up to chose the character sex. Then as the game progressed I got to pick other traits and skills and by growing up first being 1 year old then 10 16 you are taken to the game play tutorial as well as setting up your characters stats. This was the coolest way I have ever pre set a character in any game something new and unseen before in a game for me. But this is where the impressions ended for me. The game movement is not Fallout. Its a very low 3 person game look. The fighting part of the game has nothing extra to it. Apart from a simple cross to target. Enemies are hard to see since the area is very dark. When I left the vault I came to a perfect day in a post apocalyptic world and my jaw dropped at the look of the area but after 5 mins of wondering around like an idiot I got board and looked for my mini map and to my surprise the mini map had a real Fallout tech look but other then the nostalgic look it was useless to me. Even when I set a way point you dont get the arrow on the screen pointing you the correct way but you get some line of a compass thing that was hard to navigate by. So finaly ran into some bad guys got into fight ammo started to run out real fast and was forced to fight with a baseball bat. At this point I just about had it with the lack of lighting bad navigating and even more then new look to fallout[3person shooter]. So I shut the game down and am not planing to play it again. Have to leave with the fact that this will be the first game in the series that I wont know how its story goes.

Its really a shame what is happening to games this days its all about 3D. Games are losing there souls. I really think we are now officialy in the game world of dumb and dumber. :P

Llama: Keep your money this game is not worth spending them on. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing it past few days... had to try it and got hooked. I like it alot. Vats system is actually pretty good and as shoot'em'up it's pretty good too. Don't think I'm that far yet, but I just cannot get enought from the nostalgy of Fallout. All the old stuff is still there like nukakola, old weapons, humor..

Pipboy3000 (cannot sleep anywhere I want anymore and heal myself) and ability to use inventory whitout time penalty are two minuses. Creating character is also a pain if compared to the ritual in F2 you had to do.. as in F3 you have to watch long videos and live the whole life taking over half an hour and that's too much in my opinion and should be able to skip.

But other than that, I have liked the game by far more than Sacred 2

I just played fallout at a mates house, and I had the parallel opposite experience of Katran, I thought the map was easy to understand, and the compass useful once you got the hang of it, I also like the way you can play it like a shooter or the original well almost turn based system using the VATs. I also liked the plot so far

:)

~Doom

Oh, and I loved the character creation, and figured out a way to avoid it if you dislike it, just before you leave, save the game, then you can just remake the character when the "are you sure" screen pops up

;)

~Doom

Edited by TimOfDoom
  • 1 month later...

Aaargh!.. F3 Addict here looking for help from other junkies for getting of this drug called fallout 3! :) ..if anyone else is even playing it?

Allready completed it atleast 4 times and allways I end up starting a new character even they did poor job on the skillpoints, perks and s.p.e.c.I.a.l as everyone of them feels really much alike the other one, even how different style you try. It's the time to give up on F3 before they release more updates on it... heard rumours of lot of good stuff, so help!

Maybe then I could finaly pick up my Sacred 2 dvd case and install it again (and download hundred patches in a week so I could play online :P) ..

Me too! :)

I'm loving it, main quest is too short though =(

When I finish exploring the WHOLE wasteland with my good female character, I'm making an evil male one ^^

:P

~Doom

• 5 months later...

loved fallout 3 :) as a ps3 user though still seeing no DLC even though it was announced for early june

then mid june

then late june ;)

then 1st week july

now.... it's unheard of once again but we are getting it all in the end :) can't wait trailers look good :)