Fusion Reactor, useful or not?

I'm curious about the fusion reactor. From the probing that I do, not much people make use of the fusion reactor, not extensively anyway. So does that mean its a bad investment?

I mean, isn't fusion reactor an attractive choice when solar plant gets expensive?

Or it is simply better to get solar satellite even though they go poof easily? :)

I'm curious about the fusion reactor. From the probing that I do, not much people make use of the fusion reactor, not extensively anyway. So does that mean its a bad investment?

I mean, isn't fusion reactor an attractive choice when solar plant gets expensive?

Or it is simply better to get solar satellite even though they go poof easily? :)

I sometimes will build a few fusion reactors to get a colony going, but I eventually deconstruct them. I see them as a waste of deut. I can power my colonies with sats and not get crashed, so by having a fusion reactor, I'd just be throwing deut away.

Depends, some people love them some people hate them.

In theory if you have a decent defense to keep casual raiders at bay you shouldn't have any problems keeping your sats alive so you don't need fusion plants since big players wont attack you just to kill a few hundred sats, unless you're at war. :)

I sometimes use them as a transition between energy levels: I first build my mine, then power the fusion reactor to compensate the energy increase, and when I build the next level of sol plant, or sats, I power down the fusion reactor.

They are bandaids.

Useful for when yer crashed and when you feel you need to have a part of your economy's energy needs coming from a protected industry, unlike sats which can be shot down.

Dancake actually spreed sheeted when they have use. I believe from low-mid to mid they are especially useful. Later on you have the money to pay for Solar Plants and can probably defend yer sats.

:drunkards:

gogo

• 1 month later...

In the past I've used them as others in the thread have, to temporarily compensate for lacking power... however, I never uesed them extensively, finding better uses for my deut. Now that I've developed fair sized mines and on some colos (>180 fields) fields are beginning to dwindle, I've pretty much deconstructed all of my fusion plants. They're kind of an expensive bandaide, but can be useful.

I haven't built them at all in the other unis I've played, unless it was on a graviton planet, in which I might build up to fusion 10 to give an energy boost.