Diablo: The movie

toret

Looks like Diablo is coming to the big screen. Legendary Pictures lists Diablo as being in development. More info at Blizzplanet. Could this become a good movie? Considering the insane amount of hours I've spent playing the Diablo games over the years, I think I'd very much like to see a Diablo movie.

Have anyone read any of the Diablo books by Richard A. Knaak? Any good? There are 6 of them including a trilogy called "The sin war" although the last book hasn't been released yet.

A recent interview with Richard A. Knaak hinted the novel trilogy had ties with events of the upcoming Diablo game's storyline.

Sounds interesting, but I bet it isn't.

If we think how many good movies based on games has been released so far? none in my opinion. There has been atleast Tekken, Mortal kombat, Doom, Final Fantasy, Resident evil and Silent hill movies (I bet I'm missing some from this list), but they are just no where near as good as in games. They don't feel the same or if it's even near, something else will ruin it. It's just really hard to show everything you experience in the games in a 1,5-3h movie.

And what I read about that sin wars thingy on Wikipedia.. I hardly understand a thing about it and that should be part of the plot?

Sadly what Obsession said is true and I share his point of view.

This kind of movies always end up having some cheap plot or subpar acting or some other bad thing.

Will a lot of people go and watch it? Most likely yes.

Will it be good? Most likely no. ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, other game-inspired movies that failed entirely: Alone in the Dark, Doom, Dead or Alive.

Well...I'm a tiny bit excited but a LOT scared lol. I've had a lot of bad experiences with a good number of gameziations but....I'm willing to give it a chance.

Toret, Knaak's book, but...didn't he write a heck of a lot of great books for the Dungeon's and Dragons Franchise?

Not a bad writer, if I remember well.

:D

gogo

Well I will go see it, but yeah with a really low expectation.

I do hope they make it good, I just won't count on it. :D

I will go and watch it with any high hopes it could be a couple of hours fun who knows.

As for the books I may get on or two of them I like the easy reading in the summer and after I get done with Hell Gate London I may get one of them as well.

For the games movie list I will add the one that all of you missed. Tomb Raider.:D that was a good one for me.:D

The lower the expectation, the better the movie, the higher the expectation, the less you like the movie, human psychic is always fascinating ^^

I'm going to watch this definately, and as far as I know, theres good movies on Final fantasy (FFVIIAC) and not to forget the coming Tales of symphonia anime :D and there were more than one movie on FF, I have two movies and a few episodes :D

Sylph

I'm going to watch this definately, and as far as I know, theres good movies on Final fantasy (FFVIIAC) and not to forget the coming Tales of symphonia anime :D and there were more than one movie on FF, I have two movies and a few episodes :)

Sylph

Heh, true, but only AC is good. :D

Last Order comes in second as decent, while Legend Of The Crystals and Unlimited are mediocre at best. =/

Spirits Within is also decent, but then again it has almost nothing in common with FF. :(

As for Tales of Symphonia dunno, the first episode was so-so, might get better in the next ones, who knows.

EDIT: Hmm, going to update my anime thread now. ^_^

Well after what they did to bloodrayne I doubt I will go see diablo I have to agree with most of the posts movies based of game's really suck they pump you up about it during the trailers and the commercials but then in the end its a waste of money