EZ snacks

Ham&cheese buns

DSCN0222.jpg

-bake off buns

-ham

-cheese

Cut those buns halfway, preferably from the top since it's easier to make these that way! :woot:

Put in a roll of ham.

Take the cheese, cut or fold it in half so it breaks, and put the cheese on top of the bun.

Bake them.

Enjoy. s5oeat.gif

Egg-cake or -waffles with whipped cream

Currently a hype in Holland due to a famous dietician named Sonja Bakker.

She recommended the egg-cake snack in one of her books and sales have skyrocketed! :whip:

My version is with egg-waffles (saw those lying in the cupboard).

All you need to do is apply a generous layer of whipped cream on top of it.

(SB's version requires fruit on it, strawberries for example, but we didn't have that...)

I might be posting a pic again when I buy a new pack of waffles.. And more whipped cream.. :woot:

That looks awesome Timo.

Great pic, great food

Now I want a hot dog melt too!

How long do you have to bake em for and what temp?

lol, we barely ever use the oven here so when I seem melted cheese I go gaga.

:angry:

gogo

Well, here those buns come in sacks of 4, the oven needs to be 225 degrees for them (Gogo can you remember that it is Celsius? :P) and it takes 6 min to bake them. Dunno whether Canada or any country has something like it. Don't know a good English translation either.doh4jw.gif

Basically, it's like French bread (my dic said French stick, but imo that's a wierd translation lol) only a lot shorter! :angry:

No.iconhell_surrealthoughtz_mwahahaa.gif

And Gogo, they aren't hot dogs, look closer! Those are slices of ham, the kind you can put on your sandwich. I just rolled those up shrug.gif

Oh and the buns are called pistolets here. Maybe that helps.

That bad or good? :)

I don't bake the bread as long as it should, the packaging says 8-10 minutes. But then it will be so dark brown I don't like it anymore. 6 minutes makes it crisp but not hard.

Egg-cake or -waffles with whipped cream

Currently a hype in Holland due to a famous dietician named Sonja Bakker.

She recommended the egg-cake snack in one of her books and sales have skyrocketed! :hugs:

My version is with egg-waffles (saw those lying in the cupboard).

All you need to do is apply a generous layer of whipped cream on top of it.

(SB's version requires fruit on it, strawberries for example, but we didn't have that...)

I might be posting a pic again when I buy a new pack of waffles.. And more whipped cream.. :angry:

That got my stomach grumbling now! Oh yum!! For me though.. I like the vanilla Cool-Whip Whipped Cream...

cw_fv.jpg

Its even sweeter!

Hehe they might pop up tomorrow gogo, I have a feel I'll be needing those snacks during the *thank god* last learning session that afternoon.. And Ari, we don't have Cool-Whip here, we only have normal "sweetened" whipped cream. That vanilla you suggest sounds delicious! *quickly wipes off the drool hanging from his chin to prevent another keyboard problem*

hehehe I am "cookingly challenged" I'm not very talented in the kitchen as of yet but I have a few specialties though :P

If there is a recipe that calls for vanilla, I always use the Spill overflow method.. Oops that wasn't quite enough.. Must add more!

Not quite sure how it would work with whipped cream though. :P

I will have to learn to make it, Its a very seasonal thing here, its in the stores only for holidays, So Ill have to get to work and see if I can recreate it. Oh I can see the mess now!! :)

Hehe I'm thinking of something which involves.. *runs off for dictionary* "Custard". From what I know of custard, the translation isn't perfect, but it will do. Not sure about the what and how, but the experimenting might be starting Friday. Could also turn out to involve something like pudding. bailasss.gif