Post your Funny Deaths or stupid mistakes

Ok we all know that death is a part of playing hardcore. Well I have decided to try and start a funny death or stupid mistake thread.

And here is the first of the funny deaths.

My old Battle mage Torch becoming a dragons tail rest.

shot0002.jpg

Well I don't have pictures to show, but I do remember getting wasted by the 'Orcs' quest because I didn't know that the kids had poured water in my keyboard earlier in the day. Tried to heal myself with the spacebar and nothing happened. I lifted the keyboard and my toon died as I watched, horror stricken, as about 4 ounces of water poured out of the keyboard.

I had a "keyboard error" once too. mine went slightly different tough

I was eatings some small stuff in front of my pc (like I do whenever I'm hungry) and it crumbled. when I pressed "I" to open inventory it got stuck and my inventory just opened and closed at a super fast rate.

tried to exit server but esc wouldnt work. On top of that I just ran out of heroic courage *figures, just my kind of luck*. Shaddar-rim killed me before I realised to hit alt f4

good thing the cookies weren't all that bad tough. otherwhise it'd have been a complete loss :(

prOm :P

Edited by promatolya

My latest stupid mistake was not bailing when my DE got mobbed when going thru the crab caves. I did not take a picture, but it was UGLY for all involved. Crabbies had mobbed the entrance, and I should have bailed when I saw that very dangerous occurrence.

I've learned from my multiple errors in judgement(believe it or not) causing high character level deaths. Hopefully, I've got the Lag Monster and Exercise Caution down pat a bit more(but I'm a bit of a HC fanatic in trying to take on challenges I may not yet be ready for).

Edited by DaveO

hmm Ive only had a 3 severe deaths (Over 75 level) (Im still a newbe to HC :D )

But I'd say my most embarrassing one was with a low level char who bit it in Porto Vallum while typing to Griffman to jump to me (I saw his life dropping hard and got panicky) A pesky orc snuck up on me and done did me in. :P

In my first week of HC, I blame my partner totally :) LOL he denies it though but silly me would engage in a conversation and get a little distracted and looking back to the screen see the mysterious mob appear out of no where.....wasn't my fault, your honour, I swear :)

Then there was the souped up confidence that my little toon could take on those wretched skellies, boy did those arrows hurt.

Then there was the chatting in game, ok ok, well I got caught once with the chat screen still open and wondering why pressing space copious amounts of times, why my health wasn't filling. Stupid chatting :D:P

Ahh Funki I can empathise with the chat screen open, happened to me before to.

Mine have been in the past, answering the phone and getting distracted. And yup looking away at something then looking back and finding no time to hit the space bar. lol the good this is to me HC is all about risks and that adrenaline rush but not if it's through my own stupidity lol...fast learning curve though and touch wood hasn't happened in a long while.

Just the other day I decided I wanted to gain some more SB on my vamp and so I go into the game enter at porto and I thought all my enemies were grey so I thought I was safe, but low and behold I come back from chatting on Instant Messenger and I find my vamp surrounded by goblins and laying on the ground!

Wasn't a big deal because I had read a post about her being obsolete in the form I was making her anyway...haha so I was probably going to kill her off, but the game did it for me!

Thought that was funny,

StiCk_eM

Well yet another funny death for me that happened today. Stick and I were out hunting well I decided D'Cay must die turns out my lil whirlie-winder turned up dead. with a tornado at his feet

shot0016.jpg

P.s. he died honorably he was a giving kinda toon messy but generous

Well yet another funny death for me that happened today. Stick and I were out hunting well I decided D'Cay must die turns out my lil whirlie-winder turned up dead. with a tornado at his feet

P.s. he died honorably he was a giving kinda toon messy but generous

If its makes you feel any better.

Revenge on D'cay. volume I:

Demonchick did some heavy pounding on D'cay shortly after, to make me push the final bits of dmg with my greed on. Your killer now leaves the community a yellow armor (which was pretty good), a rune, an *ssload of cash and some blue items. May both rest in peace... but D'day just slightly less peacefull then you :P

prOm :o

Edited by promatolya

Ty guys I hope to have my Whirlie Winder back soon. He was loas of fun and the stuff he could get. I will be back very soon.

Guest FrostElfTwin

Level 15 Summoner Vampiress. I used her to test out the Vampire arts...using a combo suit.

I was specifically interested in wolves/bats, Awakened Dead.

So, I just played around with her.

Testing complete, I wanted the slot for some other char... so , I took off her armour, stripped her of gold... everything 'useful'. And head to VoT.

IIRC min monster level there was 55. (maybe 45?)

She survived the Haven Isle portal to VoT. Her little friends killed a Shadowguard or two... and I TP-ed out of there.

Went to Embalmed Forest--to hunt Nuk-Nuks. Chieftains really. Figured she'd be toast there too. Nope.

Going slow, she could handle single monsters and groups... what with all the bats (8 bats) and the wolf.

She even took down a Nuk-Nuk chieftain. Interesting that my first encounter with their throwing axe CA wasn't scarey at all. Nothing on the line with my HC char I wanted dead... sort of.

Went back to VoT.

I think this time I let her die...but maybe not. Maybe it was Pirate Island.

Short of it is: with so many other targets, the Summoner Vampiress can survive lots of lethal situations.

Well this is really stupid, because I've done it twice. I left my toon unattended to go downstairs to the kitchen. Not to grab a cookie or something, but to actually make a sandwich or some noodles.

The first time was with a silver glad in braverock--the thieves quarter. I left him near the blacksmith and a random baddie noticed him. This was plus, some time ago.

The second time was just about a month ago. I had my greed dwarf in Porto Vallum. He was about 108. I had just done the Orcs quest and everything seemed clear.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay well I have another one to post. but no pic this time. sorry lol

Well I was in a private Plat game with Csas and Claire earlier today and I decided to go overspawn the Orc Cave and on my way there who should catch me off guard. THe same dragon who has killed more than one of my whirl wind mages. D'Cay.

THe stupid beast got the jump on me and started throwing my spell back in my face. Now if you have played in game with me when I am killing this particular dragon you know I really hate D'Cay and any chance I get I like to make her suffer, and turn her scaley butt in to a bloody heap of stinking goo.

Anyways She just about got me she had me dead on the ground knocked me off my horse and poof no life I thought I had lost my best and longest running toon to D'Cay I was just about in tears when the Gods of Ancaria breathed life back into my Ms Mage and let me kick her scaley butt once again. Well long story short I made her pay for Almost killing my ms mage and got more revenge for my whirlwind mages.

THe stupid mistake was I didnt attack her 1st and the luck part is my ms mage is still here and kicking butt

Hi there

Ok, this sunday was a really bad day for my toons.

First, my level 23 poison ring / fire wall Daemon. R.I.P. Everything was going fine in silver creek, but forgot I was online. I started going to the cave a north of porto vallum (I stay here often to hunt, but can't say where it is exactly). What is nice with this cave, is that 2/5 times, you got a mob with a boss chaman just outside, nice for runes and some xp. As I said, I forgot this was online. I came in and out a first, time, no monster, twice, no monster, three times, no monsters, just thinking of another bug. The fourth time was the last time, the server caught me back, and spawned all the mobs I should have seen from the beginning. 5 mobs was more than I could handle. Lost a dralkcib shield. I swear not to get into silver without LL again. R.I.P Taki

Second, my level 14 WE. Multihit, and penetrating arrow. Bellevue to porto vallum was ok. I started to wander in the desert south of porto vallum, going from mob to mob easily, then the first big deal. Orc leader with his minions, just a piece of cake... except the boss archer just behind the rock ! First and last challenge for Firiel. R.I.P Firiel

Now there's a level 32 HS Daemon on, got 2 aarnum blades and an Egill Xbow, both silver, if anyone interested,I just keep 1 aarnum for the crit and bonus to fire right now, and for the secret bonus later. Come get them before I die lol

Cya

Hi there

First, my level 23 poison ring / fire wall Daemon. R.I.P. Everything was going fine in silver creek, but forgot I was online. I started going to the cave a north of porto vallum (I stay here often to hunt, but can't say where it is exactly). What is nice with this cave, is that 2/5 times, you got a mob with a boss chaman just outside, nice for runes and some xp. As I said, I forgot this was online. I came in and out a first, time, no monster, twice, no monster, three times, no monsters, just thinking of another bug. The fourth time was the last time, the server caught me back, and spawned all the mobs I should have seen from the beginning. 5 mobs was more than I could handle. Lost a dralkcib shield. I swear not to get into silver without LL again. R.I.P Taki

Second, my level 14 WE. Multihit, and penetrating arrow. Bellevue to porto vallum was ok. I started to wander in the desert south of porto vallum, going from mob to mob easily, then the first big deal. Orc leader with his minions, just a piece of cake... except the boss archer just behind the rock ! First and last challenge for Firiel. R.I.P Firiel

Now there's a level 32 HS Daemon on, got 2 aarnum blades and an Egill Xbow, both silver, if anyone interested,I just keep 1 aarnum for the crit and bonus to fire right now, and for the secret bonus later. Come get them before I die lol

Cya

3 toons on a day, sry to hear that dude.

but you'll get over it and the next one you build will get to 216 in no time :whistle:

prOm

Hi there

Cya

3 toons on a day, sry to hear that dude.

but you'll get over it and the next one you build will get to 216 in no time :whistle:

prOm

No, only 2 toons, the level 32 HS daemon is still alive, but come get the items before it's too late lol. That is, 2 RIP chars is more than enough for 1 day lol. The fact is that I don't have any fun with this third char lol. click-run way of life bores me to death... I'll start a new poison daemon, but with LL this time.

Just some day back I was playing whit my 2h WE and she was arond lvl30. Went to khorad nur, ran into first mob and got killed. Didn't even see what killed her, but there she was dead on the ground. Too weak allways deserves to die, that's fine, but did I had to mule all my good WE sets to her.. d'oh.

Guest FrostElfTwin

My number one most dumb mistake is simple:

Play tired.

That's the secret to most of my character deaths. It causes me to forget I was shopping, not fighting (so wearing a shopping suit, not a combat suit...which makes a big difference in survival if you've only read one rune each), it causes me to fight when I should run, to trust my weapon hasn't been swapped out... you get the picture.

I lost about 3 charcters in HC one day due to this. Play... die. Ok, I'll play another. Play... die. One more time... Play, die. Hey, I've been there done that! Time to walk away! :D

Tired decisions are slow, often wrong decisions for me.

Rule 3: Don't play tired!

Well here is my newest blunder I was walking around looking for a hornets nest to stir up well the hornets sent being the sakkara run and I thought I had everything cleard and entered the nest when out of nowhere comes 1 big ugly hell gollem and pops me in the back while I was in mid cast on a couple sakkara's well now I bet u can guess dead before my Meteor Storm has a chance to connect to replenish my life so I am sitting here ticked at me self for not making sure all the dorks were dead. Bye Bye Big Mage I am gonna cry :)

lost a level 20ish bm while argueing with 12 yr old and husband. Chatting in real life is just as dangerous to your toons life as chatting in game *g* especially when the arguement partipators are behind you and you turn to make a point and get the point from the mobs around your toon *sigh* ... I went on to lose 2 other bm that night....

I may get torched for this since it wasn't a HC death...

I generally play my SC toons as though they were HC. I like having a high SB because of all the benefits plus I just think playing with reckless abandon is stupid. Anyway.

My new Seraph died yesterday for the first time at lvl78 because I fell asleep at the keyboard. Oops. I woke up and saw her on the island and thought, "I don't recall being here"... Sad.

My new Seraph died yesterday for the first time at lvl78 because I fell asleep at the keyboard. Oops. I woke up and saw her on the island and thought, "I don't recall being here"... Sad.

Hi bdiggity! Welcome to the forum!

Oh thats a great accomplishment in sc and certainly deserves as much credit as a HC death :hugs: hehe Ive come close to that myself in HC :D When my eyes start spontaneously closing on me I know its time to call it a night!