The secrets of Poutine

Why do I insist on subjecting myself to this culinary torture?! :twitch:

Here I am on my diet (going on 7 weeks) and reading about this sort of wonderful stomach wrenching extravance is killing me :cry:

I'm off to get get another stick of celery......... :sigh:

stubbs

Edited by stubbie

lol

awww, cmon guys...you also have to think of all the wondeful superpowers you get with every crunch of that carrot.

Envision this the next time you gnaw on that orange beauty and imagine yourself hiking through it filled with laughter, merriment and...

abigailtablerock199d28b.jpg

yeah whatever...steaks are dang good huh

:(

gogo

Sorry for the double post but when I saw this I just had to post it this pic:

poutine-1.jpg

k, is that not gorgeous or what

Turkey, take a seat

Your appointment with the butcher :) has been forestalled a year

:P

gogo

Ok I have to say "or what" Gogo that looks disgusting, doesn't the look turn you off eating it:)

• 3 years later...

Bumping this buried topic to say that last Friday's Today Show was made in Montreal, and they showed all the viewers how to make poutine. Now millions and millions of people know how to make one : VIDEO

Talking about that, it's been a while since the last time I had one. They had a few places that sold poutine in Niagara Falls, but didn't have one since.

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm. Must confess some of Gogo's earlier Poutine posts looked very sloppy. The photo in this topic nearly convinced me to try it, but the video did nothing for my appetite.

Hope our daughter doesn't try this stuff on dear old papa when we visit Vancouver in December, but I am sure she is too British traditional to have even heard of it :4rofl:

I love stirring Gogo up specially on his favourite foods!

Mind yu if I had Kathie and Hoda (?) in my kitchen I don't think I would care too much about the food - would probably swallow arsenic without even noticing. :drool:

It's actually soooooo rare that I indulge in POutines these days. I usually keep 'em for days when I have an insane urge for comfort food, whereby which I usually sneak a huge bowl of the stuff back home to gobble it all down solo

:ninja:

gogo

... er ... how on earth do you smuggle a large helping of poutine into the house. Is it not too sloppy? And how do the chips survive this sneaky excursion? Or is it without chips on such occasions? Tell your old uncle, my boy, I won't breathe a word to anyone :whistle:

it is one of the strongest alcoholic beverages in the world, and for centuries was classified as illegal in Ireland.[3]

Sounds deadly!

lol just the perfect pairing for a pot of poutine!

:bounce:

gogo

it is one of the strongest alcoholic beverages in the world, and for centuries was classified as illegal in Ireland.[3]

Sounds deadly!

lol just the perfect pairing for a pot of poutine!

:bounce:

gogo

Sounds like a party to me. :drunkards::pitcher::dance2:

Next morning -----> :cstars:

• 1 month later...

I am reading 206 bones, by Kathy Reaichs. After an excursion and dig to get some bones out, the 2 characters goes toe have lunch at a La Belle Province. This is what she thinks of poutine

"Ryan ordered poutine, a Quebec delicacy that I've always found baffling. Take fries, top with cheese curds, cover with tasteless brown gravy. Yum.

I had pea soup and a salad."

sounds hmm, great.

Delta!

I am reading 206 bones, by Kathy Reaichs. After an excursion and dig to get some bones out, the 2 characters goes toe have lunch at a La Belle Province. This is what she thinks of poutine

"Ryan ordered poutine, a Quebec delicacy that I've always found baffling. Take fries, top with cheese curds, cover with tasteless brown gravy. Yum.

I had pea soup and a salad."

sounds hmm, great.

Delta!

Hmm.. Interesting... I see now that I'm not the only one underwhelmed by poutine. Given the options, I prolly would have also gone with a split pea soup as well.

• 10 years later...

The secrets of poutine...

I ate one(?) last week at a former classmate who has a restaurant.

Schupfnudeln instead french fries. Schupfnudeln are thick potaoe noodles, most often roasted

Jägersosse instead the normal sauce- Jäger is what a hunter(Jäger) finds on his way home: mushrooms, forest berries, ..

Roaste boar bacon

Quark with fine pieces from real sour apples resting for two days. Could use a simple sour cream

Some bear garlic for the green spots

Picture and recipe below is from the side of a Schupnudel-company and close to what I ate.

https://www.buerger.de/rezept/schupfnudel-poutine/

csm_Schupfnudel-Poutine2_55947095e1.jpg

csm_04075600033853A0040101_web_31e1b8d45

• zomgod! 1