defence gone ???

I logged on, tried yesterday and today, but my defence *disappeared*

I got no messages saying I got hit by IPM's, was definatetly not attacked, cause my solar sats and spy probes live (and pretty much anything exept for debris got rapidfire against those).

yet, my defence is just ... gone. partially at least.

I built 40 light lasers, 40 rockets and 90 heavy lasers, like I build on each planet (not to turtle, but to not make it worthwhile for people who want to steal 40k of metal)

and my heavy lasers just ... vanished.

all my other defences, including the shield domes are still there. just my heavy lasers, gone !

any1 else encountered this :)

prOm

That is VERY strange.

Maybe it's lag?

Sometimes lag can be so bad that we get missing fleets.

And are you sure you're looking at your correct planet?

Is there a chance that the attacks on your planet which perhaps could have taken out that missing portion of your defence could have scrolled out of view while you were away?

This has never happenned to me.

If you are absolutely sure that you are "missing" defence, I'd definitely ingame a GO about this to go over your game logs.

:D

gogo

well to me its not really worth the hassle... my planet is allmost finished for the moment

AT this point I just work on getting each planet set up with robot 8, research 8, shipyard 8, 20 metal, 18xtal and 15 deut. (22 solars)

allmost done on that planet, so my fleet and my res will move each day, so no use in rebuilding it, or letting a GO take time to scroll trough it. Was actually more wondering if this was some sort of defence destruction mod on the uni or so, where your defence shows wear and tear so u got to maintain it or whatever.

any1 has any good tips for me on what to do with about 13k points :)

like I said working to get a half decent base points on each planet,

Hyper space drive 4 is finished tonight

allready built the fodder, to accompany my first load of BS when they come

got some rec's ready

so any good tips I am missing here are welcome. My first account only reached it to 18k points before I quit in that uni, and this is my 2nd account. So I am not really experienced yet

prOm

well unless your someone realy active if I was you I build some defense and you dont know if your going to be able to be always online...so you can protect your res today but you dont know about "tomorow"

...ohh and the research lab you dont need to build it on the other planets...build it only on main planet since is the one that have better mines....

and I think your doing just fine and you know what your doing... you just need to keep raiding and building some mines...and you see your points coming up pretty fast :D

Edited by JaFoste

As JaFoste says, multiple planets with research labs aren't useful at all, until you start to research Intergalactic Research Network. Then each level of IRN lets you add the level of labs on an additional planet to your main planet's labs, this reduces the time it takes to research stuff (eg, with level 1 IRN, Ogame will add together the Lab level of the two highest labs to calculate the research time. So if you've got two level 8 Labs, with level 1 IRN, you've effectively got a level 16 Lab, as far as research time is concerned).

ok. great tip. saves me a lot of res in for research labs in the beginning !

res I need badly at this stage in the game, so its good they are currently free to use for some mines or so.

another question.

At this moment I have like 10 or 15 small cargo's on each of my colonies, and the basic mines I can do without having to raid on that planet (like 15/12/10 I believe mostly)

each morning I haul all the mins from every planet to the one I am trying to build up. Is this a good idea, or should I use each planet's res for that specific planets buildup? How do u guys do this?

any tips on this are welcome. since I often tought if I shouldnt save up all my planets for a few days, and then give em all a new solar plant at the same time. Is this maybe better? (just to add: got 8 fleetslots, so no prob there. I can send 7 transport missions, and have a slot left for attacks and/or sudden fleetsaves)

prOm

That is one idea that works, but really the best way to start out is to make sure that you have all of your planets, and that you get your mines as high as possible as soon as possible. I would not worry about much else (besides the essentials) until your metal is about 20 and crystal almost that.

Here, read this! :sick:

http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=252874 (Written By Unknown Hero, similar to Ike's ogame guide but it has a unique GO perspective to it)

http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=203260 This isn't bad either, but the guy who wrote it (Cym) is questionable. ^^

http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=89312 Good one (DanCaek)

http://board.ogame.org/thread.php?threadid=58 Good one from a German ^^

Any more questions, use the search function here: http://www.ogametips.com/

I hope that helps! :(

ah this reminds me of the time when I first started and attacked with small cargoes, but when they came back they were light fighters, which I also at that time couldn't afford to build a lot of. I reported it to a GO that flat out claimed it was impossible. Quite funny though. It was how I gained my first 50 light fighters ;):)

lol, eventually we could get a moon and jumpgate them here and there! ^^

and as for blade. thx a million !

Lets see... a mil of what res? Metal? Crys? Deut? J/K!! No problem my friend, I'd be glad to help any time. :4rofl: