My discovories (sort of) with Last fm Player

Well it seems to me that this is one awesome bit of software! Big :Just_Cuz_21: to Schot for implementing it.

Now it seems to me after having it running via the forum for a couple of days that this can be used perfectly in game (sacred) without causing any discernable lag at all.! If I use any other progs for plying music whilst in game I lag to death so therefore my games are sadly sound free.

However, one thing I did notice is that if you have the little icon open for 'Scrobbing' in your little task bar thingy (yeah I'm so technical) this for me did cause a little lag. As I understood it this thing is used for adding music as you play it automatically. So anyways I closed it completely and bing no lag again. Does anyone know more about this feature? I need to test it futher but I'd love to know how everyone else is finding it?

Also how are you handling your playlists? Atm I am just adding albums hehe and not deleting anything thats already there. Does anyone know how randomly the tracks are played?...is it latest added?

For those who haven't tried out this feature I can't recommend it enough! It's great to browse the forum and listen to a playlist someone has added to their profile. Wicked way to hear and find new music and some blasts from the past.

It's here if you missed Schots post

How are you finding it so far?

I feel so bad by saying that I'm the bad one who hasn't even began to fiddle around with Schot's new Hack. Guilty..as charged am I. However, Claire, it's quite interesting how you say that this prog won't lag sacred while others will For that alone, it makes more discovery on this quite a useful play boon.

I will say one thing about this mod, I absolutely DO adore clicking on all of your play lists.

:)

gogo

Ah I have yet to try and scrobble stuffs. I'm not even sure what that does, lol. I've just been clicking away, adding more and more music to my playlist. A devious little thought did occur to me the other day though which is that maybe we could create many Last.fm accounts. What I might do is create an account name something like "Morning Music" and just add good songs to wake up to in that accounts playlist. Basically creating an account for every kind of playlist I'd like. I could then change the playlist in my profile whenever I'd like to by changing the User ID and name accordingly. Haven't tried it yet though...

One thing is for sure. We need more peeps with playlists! I'm in danger of running out of playlists to listen to here on our forum. It really is awesome everyone. You must try it! I insist... :) lol

That scrobble stuff does its own thing. It just records what you have in your playlist, what you listen to, then give you suggestion on what MIGHT interest you. Oh and it finds you "neighbors" who listen to similar stuffs.

So far I find the feature quite off, maybe if I listen more it will improve I dunno. :)