Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Since Lucas Arts chose not to make a noter KOTOR game fans were very disappointed but not all is lost. It looks like for some time now Lucas Arts has been making a brand new game set in the Star Wars Universe. The game is set between episode 3 and 4 and you take on the role of Darth Vader's Secret Apprentice. This game is surely made to care on the Kotor legacy to a hole new level. The in game graphics are out of this world the character level of control and Force use is set to give us enjoyment time and time again. But this are all words from me take a look at the game and the videos that are on the page and make up your mind. I for one am going to be playing this one for sure.

The official Page:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

Teaser Trailer:

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/#/trailers/

I must admit, I did have one or two issues (from a physicists point of view) with the very beginning of the trailer...

But then the Star Destroyer fell out of the sky & all was well again.

:4rofl:

I must say that it does look very pretty...

I have one major issue with this game. If it isn't rectified I might have to boycott Lucas Arts for a time no matter that I love the Star Wars Universe.

The game is coming out on PS2/PS3/PSP/XBox 360, but not on PC. Which is semi-pointless, seeing as you can obtain the same controllers for use with PC and PCs can run the same games. Even if they made it Vista only, just to make Microsoft happy, I'd still buy the game, because it looks cool, but I won't buy a console to play it. That'd just be wrong...

The trailer is AWESOME. Man, I just can't get enough of hearing that great fight music that williams released in the prequel for starwars. And Lucasarts really has that "touch" for making people just fly right bang out of the way when you zap em with the force. lol, I'd get the game to only be able to do that all the time. I love the attention they're paying to "powers" in this. Everything in the Star Wars franchise has been polished and this looks like nothing less than their usual top notch fare.

:)

gogo

Do yourself a favor and play KotoR instead. It's a very good RPG with party interaction and a good story. That announcement looks more like an action game than RPG. The biggest problem with making the Force too good or too powerful is that certain people will expect or demand it that way. This turns the Force into the equivalent of Dragonball Z where it's whoever can achieve the next "Super Saiyan" level that determines who is a "player" and who is just a "wannabe".

KOTOR is the best game ever but it is gone and not coming back. As for this game Lucas have been whit out a game for some time and it looks like this one is the big thing and I trust in them.

As for not being a PC version well I think in the end they will make one. There wasnt a KOTOR game at the start but then when they made it it was better then the PS one. :D

Teletubbies would win. Reverend Falwell accused them of Great Evil, but he misunderstood their true nature: Turn our children and parents into Vidiots?

As far as the suggestion about DBZ vs Star Wars, it's a good thing they are in separate universes. I don't think Yoda would be able to block a Kamehameha attack with the Force :hugs:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The game will be introducing some new Imperial forces, such as the Emperor's Shadow Guard...

From what I've seen of the game, it looks like it'll be rather fun... but at the same time it seems to be shattering the concepts of the setting pretty nicely and messing hardcore with the continuity :sick: A the conflicts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've become too much of a purist over the past decade :bow: Adding things like new troops and retarded lightsaber variations (what's the deal with lightsaber tonfa:) seriously now...) and an escalation in how common Force users are in an era that was pretty well defined and partially defined by an extra scarcity of Force users just annoys me. I mean, doing these things in a future or distant past time line make sense, but not in the Imperial/Rebellion era.

I thoroughly agree with ankh. not everyone can be a jedi. get over it. BUT. at the same time, I wanna be Boba Fett in a game... soooooo I'm still gonna support lucasarts. anyone ever read the New Jedi Order series of books? CAN WE PLEAAAASE GET A MOVIE OF THE YUUZHAN VONG INVASION:) OR A VIDEO GAME:) Something:)

-Total

anyone ever read the New Jedi Order series of books? CAN WE PLEAAAASE GET A MOVIE OF THE YUUZHAN VONG INVASION:) OR A VIDEO GAME:) Something:)

-Total

I have read some and read all the comics with that time line. I have to say they are some of the best and tell the best stories. As for my Star Wars addiction I get my monthly dose of comics. You should check out the the ones. They have 4 running stories that are some of the best that have come out in years. As for a movie I would not of mind to see the new Star Wars TV series set in KOTOR or Legacy eras. since they are very popular and rich with stories but we will have to settle with the time between episode 3-4. :thumbsup:

Hehe there are many star wars fun hiding there light sabers at dark matters total. :thumbsup:

As for episode 1-3 I really dont care what people say they where all great and episode 3 brings some great artistic moments. People might not have taken a closer look at the transformation to Darth Vader but boy Lucas sure did a great job with it. :4rofl:

Oh and there will be a huge star wars story this year [Vector]that will start in kotor and end up in legacy running for more then 3000 years. They say it will be the event of the year. It starts this month :blink:

• 4 months later...
The Wii version of this game may redeem it, despite its lack of respect for the general concepts of the setting and the Force. Using the Wiimote to control your lightsaber is, well, a feature we Star Wars gamers have lusted after for years!
Oh and there will be a huge star wars story this year [Vector]that will start in kotor and end up in legacy running for more then 3000 years. They say it will be the event of the year. It starts this month :P

Can you go into a bit more detail on that Katran?

Edit: Isn't Vector the sci-fi magazine?

Oh and there will be a huge star wars story this year [Vector]that will start in kotor and end up in legacy running for more then 3000 years. They say it will be the event of the year. It starts this month :)

Can you go into a bit more detail on that Katran?

Edit: Isn't Vector the sci-fi magazine?

Sure thing Llama. Dont know about the magazine but I for sure know that the main Star Wars drive this year is called Vector.

It will span as I said in Star Wars time frame 3000 years or in the comics sense in all 3 active running comics.

Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic

Star Wars: Dark Times

Star Wars: Rebellion

Star Wars: Legacy

The Kotor part of the story has been published it is in 4 comics and I have to say I like the start of the vector plot.

I believe you have played Star Wars:Kotor and the Vector story has to do with the Rakghoul plague the creatures of the planet Taris at the start of the Kotor game. In the game the origin of the plague was never explained so her it is given a twist that will span in all the comics and shape the Star Wars world. I can tell you that it has a Sith twist to it and that it involves on of the best Sith Lord of all time.

On a noter note if you havnt taken a look at the active running comics Llama and have some need for fresh look on Star wars that hasnt been there I recommend them and take a Special look at Kotor as one of the best Star Wars eras and even more the Legacy era. Legacy era is a brand new one and brings a hole new meaning to Star wars. The characters are all fresh the twist to galactic affairs never more intersecting.

Here are the covers of the so fare Vector event:

vector1-1.jpg

vector2.jpg

vector3.jpg

vector4.jpg