Wonderful Weather on a wacky day

As I was fixing breakfast with the windows open, I could not help noticing the fresh smell coming from both the oven, and from outside. today was truly a wonderful day. I mean, not just a great day, a perfect day. Everything smells fresh and alive, the grass is all green, the sky is a wonderful color of blue, the sun is shining brightly and you can feel the rays hitting your, but it is not a hot sun, just a wonderful basking pleasure. There is a slight breeze that you can faintly feel flowing through the spokes in the deck, and the biscuits and sausage I fixed for breakfast today capped it off as a experience you can only hope for. Today is truly one of the best days to be outside I have ever seen in my life. It is a good thing I am an extremely fast typer! (Please excuse me if I type with my mouth open as I munch this biscuit).

Anyway, today made me think of 9/11, and when it made me think of 9/11, it made me think of people who have died lately. More specifically my best friend that died earlier this spring. He is in heaven looking down on me right now I bet. :) I am thankful that I am fully able to forget the sorry of his loss. I pondered over this as I sat outside on the deck eating breakfast and soaking up the early morning rays of sunlight. I wonder how many people notice the weather outside, the taste of food, or the companionship of friends. Do we think of why we log onto Darkmatters every day, or do we just do it without thinking? I really do wonder how this impacts our lives. For the better, or for the worse? Hopefully we can answer that question honestly and say for the better, I think I can. :)

My argument on this beautiful is to take a chance today to enjoy the things in life you can only enjoy when you think about it. Be thankful that we have each other, but at the same time remember our long lost friends. Sorry for that long rantish post, but I just had to share it with someone.

I know I will be enjoying the clear blue sky, the sparkling lake, and the green meadow softly accented with dandelion blooms today. I hope you do too, its my only way to share the joy! :4rofl:

So, how is the weather out there? Old Mr sun out today? :) (Really, It would be fun to see how the weather is around the world ^^ )

Its a day that is marked for everyone that is living in this era, I suppose this cannot be denied.

I remember the day clearly, I was in the college PC lab, and saw this livefeed video of tower 1. Almost right after it was available. I asked this: "wow this is a fantastic movie plot, a plane hitting the twin towers." Of course, it wasn't cool at all.

I think in a sense I still don't believe it is true. While I didn't know anyone who died there (some close calls but...), I'm in some sense denying it's realness. A friend sent me this postcard a month or two ago, and I couldn't help but compared it with the old ones.

Maybe its cruel to describe it this way, but it looks as if someone airbrushed the towers off. I can't imagine what it would be if I'm one of those who lives are directly altered. I just can't.

But I remember this opinion from a survivor : Today is about hope, for humanity has won, not destroyed. :4rofl:

Ahh Blade your post is so poignant it really does make me remember those who I have said goodbye to in my life but like you with a smile . :4rofl: a beautiful post you have made :) For me today the weather was bright and sunny, bright blue skies! Great for walking the dog and seeing the kids all in short sleeves leaving school when I collected mine! hehe I moan it's too warm at times ( hehe I live in the Uk what do you expect :)) but today the weather was great! a nice breeze too just right :)

Often we take many things for granted but with the words of you and of others we can take a lesson and appreciate al those simpleand free wonderful things in live and appreciate those with us and those who aren't :)

Well as I live in the land of tomorrow, we had our remembrance day yesterday it's currently 9.50am 12/09/07 for me. I remember distinctly what it was like to wake up to the news of the devastation.

This past year for me has been very memorable that only a select few of you that I have confided in will understand and one I do not wish to make public but needless to say every day is now savoured as you really don't know what tomorrow will bring and how it is going to affect your life.

Enjoy those around you, fill your life with memories and make sure you can say that you lived your life to the fullest.

Today for me was also great in hearing some updated news and a lovely 22deg celcius to boot. :4rofl:

Funki :)

I little late to see this thread, but I can't miss it.

Yesterday... a lovely weather here at Boston too. Clear sky, sun shining, a little breeze (I complain too when it is hot). And thinking of it (maybe I was too absorbed with school), I didn't noticed it was 9/11. And I really don't want to comment on it. I don't understand it and I never will.

On the other hand, I felt last year as really deathful. A lot of people, close or not, but somehow related to me died, and I was wondering whether I just grew older to recognize more death, or it is just hell of a year. But I learned to enjoy every single chat, every single kiss, every moment I spend with friends... because

edit: Something I just found and think it is somehow relevant:

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Mohandas Gandhi

Edited by dicknail

Thank you everyone for the replies, good to see other people were thinking along the same lines as me. No need to say much more, but today the weather outside is awesome too! What a great week. :)

And DN I really like that quote bro... I'll remember that one.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

:)

Blade, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I know what you mean by looking at small things and then all of a sudden realizing how "big" they are. It's funny how connections like this really bring out our own value in relating to our place in this wonderful world. I'm glad that something as beautiful as the weather, who's mystery we often take for granted, let's you remember your friend.

You're carrying him in your heart, and everytime you feel that wind or enjoy the sun on your face, he'll be there. It's a pleasure reading thoughts coming from someone so young.

Keep the spirit friend

:)

gogo

Wow .... 9/11...it is one of my friend's birthdate...but also many people's day of mourning.

I remember very clearly that day. I had the phone ringing all morning long when my parents tried to reach me all the way from Hong Kong to tell me what happened in New York...A good thing they also told me later that night that my relatives in New York are fine too! (less long Distance charge on my phone bill lol) ... And then....While I took the train from house to school (it is a really fast chic train with air condition ;)) it suddenly stopped!! No body knew why. the train stopped for a very long time. The captain announced to the staff over microphone to leave the train in the middle of nowhere as ambulances and police officers approached the train....Some passengers even thought to leave the train (in the middle of industrial lot...lol...I thought it was funny episode.. I stayed calmly sitting, as the train captain said that he too did not know what happened (since he forgot to turn off the mic) ...Anyways...a few minutes after the whole misunderstanding/prevention was over (apparently they scared of the presence of a bomb based on hearsay), the train started to move again slowly to its destination. I quickly left the station to school and marched up the slope (mcgill is situated at the side of a mountain). The whole downtown montreal was, if not exaggerated, in turmoil. People left work. There was massive newspaper coverage on the story. I got a free paper and only then understood what happened! my mom finally reached me on my cell phone and was relieved.

6 years later.....The memory of what was repeated several times in media was encrusted in memory as though I myself had jumped off the building when the plane crashed, or dug out bodies with the other volunteers later developped lung cancer from breathing in the dust....I am truly sorry for them up to this day and hope that one day there is true peace, world harmony....like in ... :D star trek.....teehheee

As for 9/11....in sherbrooke...the weather sucked....it was pouring dog FECAL MATTER! as though as the sky itself was mourning of every single loss that happened, not only for new york, but for anything bad that could be washed away and a new day start anew fresh like spring. ;)