Sacred Wiki Library of CA Demonstration Videos

Here's the start of it! For comments on the videos please share in the Sacred Wiki CA action video suggestion. And if you notice an error in the videos please say so. Thanx!

Adding the completed collection of Gladiator CA Videos. If you have any questions on how the videos were made please feel free to ask. :)

Content Videos removed due to Stage6 shut down...

Schot, they're awesome...and this idea is SO COOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

The great thing is with videos like this we get to show the community other Combat Arts from other toons they may have not seen before...and inspire them to try out other toons!

Truly unique content for the Wikki.

CA Video Demonstrations for the Win!

:)

gogo

Hehe. Thanx guys! :lol: I think me brain is nearing melt down, lol. I think the hardest part was getting the monsters to stand at a nice angle, haha.

• 3 weeks later...

Little update to the video situation. Given that Stage6 is still in beta I've decided it would be a good idea to use Vimeo for factual based videos like the CA videos. Vimeo is pretty decent in quality as far as flash based video sharing sites like youtube go. So head on over to Vimeo.com if you've got some videos. :D

To put a Vimeo on the wiki here is an example:

Content removed. Vimeo no longer allows gaming videos...

Goodnight! :yawn:

Wow these are amazing!! I am truly impressed and it is such a WONDERFUL idea. I can't wait till you get them all up on the wiki! (Because I will be linking to them from my character pages!). Could you or someone pretty, pretty please do the set bonus mods for the All Character sets as well:) Particularly Teleport Opponents, Projectiles Pass Through Enemies, Fireball and Charged Bolt:) That would be an amazing addition as well... screenshots just don't do some of them justice and others you can't screenshot at all. :D

Also you may already have one, not sure and it just occurred to me to ask. Is there a guide out there for where to get a video program and how to use it for those of us that might like to contribute?

Hehe, thanx NightWolfe! They're pretty cool eh. :hugs: But boy do my eyes cross trying to do these, lol. It's like mill work. Same thing over and over, haha. The set bonuses are already on the list on will be on display for the wiki... Some day! haha. Oh and you're question about a guide couldn't have been better timed. I was talking to Ari about doing just that! It's already in the works and I'll be releasing one very soon indeed. As for what I'm using it's quite a mixed bag and really depends on the task at hand but to name a few it would be DivX for encoding, virtualdub for processing, ffdshow for reading, Avisynth for complex processes, Cool edit pro for audio editing, Photoshop (of course!) for the subtle video edits , fraps for recording the video, Rad video tools for conversions and ocassionally I'll use Irfanview to help me out. I'll be talking about each of them in the tutorial. Whew! :P

Now I need sleeeeep before I go nuts! :D

Hehe, thanx NightWolfe! They're pretty cool eh. :unsure: But boy do my eyes cross trying to do these, lol. It's like mill work. Same thing over and over, haha.

Trust me.... I soooo very much know what you mean! And you know your comment before about getting the monsters to cooperate and getting them to stand at the right angles:) Arghhh! I took about 30-50 screenshots of EACH enemy throughout the game for various tutorials!! It can be such a pain! Thank god Ari helped me out quite a bit with them!!

Oh my gosh!! Just the amount of programs you use makes it sounds scary! :hugs: Okay well a small request for when you write the guide? Explain it very simply... make it soo dumbed down that you think you are wasting breath explaining the obvious haha. I have never attempted even creating a video let alone editing it in ANY way. The whole process scares me hehe. Plus there was all the horror stories from Ari her first time and screwing up her mic/sound settings doing it etc. etc.

Guest FrostElfTwin

I think this idea is FANTASTIC!

However, when I wanted to watch the BackBreaker video... it just said: "Connecting" and never played it.

check out the glad section now...he's just updated every singe video there and in the dwarf Combat Arts too...

http://darkmatters.org/SacredWiki/index.ph...tor_Combat_Arts

I'm glad he's not using divx any more...yeah divx was a great cinematic experience, but vimeo has just more of a ..."video game" feel to it. And the Vimeo loads up super fast and has neat spiffy graphics

:hugs:

gogo

Hehe, thanx NightWolfe! They're pretty cool eh. :D But boy do my eyes cross trying to do these, lol. It's like mill work. Same thing over and over, haha.

Trust me.... I soooo very much know what you mean! And you know your comment before about getting the monsters to cooperate and getting them to stand at the right angles:) Arghhh! I took about 30-50 screenshots of EACH enemy throughout the game for various tutorials!! It can be such a pain! Thank god Ari helped me out quite a bit with them!!

Oh my gosh!! Just the amount of programs you use makes it sounds scary! :hugs: Okay well a small request for when you write the guide? Explain it very simply... make it soo dumbed down that you think you are wasting breath explaining the obvious haha. I have never attempted even creating a video let alone editing it in ANY way. The whole process scares me hehe. Plus there was all the horror stories from Ari her first time and screwing up her mic/sound settings doing it etc. etc.

Oh NightWolfe. It's not so bad really. :) For the most part all that's needed is fraps, divx and virtualdub everything else is icing on the cake. I'll definitely make it a point to be as precise as possible with lots of pictures, lol. Actually... It will probably be a video tutorial of the whole process, haha. Maybe a 3 part thing... There's probably near a hundred different guides and tutorials that I've read on the subject so combining all the important aspects that I've learned will take a bit of time. Not only that but certain situations require different approaches so there is that to consider as well. Oh and poor Ari! She blew up the sound settings:)!

Awesome!

Ouw ouw, may I reserve Daemoness' CAs? :lol:

I'll do it as fast as possible.

Oh for sure, for sure Therionx! It would be an honor to receive your talents. :D I've created a number of standards regarding these particular factual wiki vids which you can read about:

Wiki Video Standard

It would be very cool Therionx! :drool:

I think this idea is FANTASTIC!

However, when I wanted to watch the BackBreaker video... it just said: "Connecting" and never played it.

Ah FrostElf. Sadly Stage6 has hit a snag in there quest to be best and as such their video streaming can be unreliable. I can asure you though that you'll not have any trouble viewing the Vimeo versions... I hope! Flame Thrower

check out the glad section now...he's just updated every singe video there and in the dwarf Combat Arts too...

http://darkmatters.org/SacredWiki/index.ph...tor_Combat_Arts

I'm glad he's not using divx any more...yeah divx was a great cinematic experience, but vimeo has just more of a ..."video game" feel to it. And the Vimeo loads up super fast and has neat spiffy graphics

:D

gogo

I wish I were as happy to not be using DivX.. :D Still... DivX WILL have a place on the wiki. I swears it! :D