Coming soon to a SacredWiki near you!

I love it

It's got a grounded feel (and yeah Claire...parchment!). Really builds in on an intimate feeling and gets our wiki away from traditional wiki's which have so much whitespace and feel too spacey and are hard on the eyes.

When the wiki's ready to go public, we're gonna have a gem on our hands.

Great work Schot

:sweating:

gogo

Ah, quite a great job you did there schot. IMO skins are a very dangerous tool on a wiki or any other similar site. Usually the background ends up creating problems with the text or with the images since it just wont match or it would make reading hard. It is true that a well-designed skin does increase a wiki's quality, the amount of work required to make one is huge.

But then again it seems that work in great ammounts is never an obstacle for you and that once again you have done a great job. :4rofl:

Ah thanks you guys. :unsure:

I really didn't want to post it but gogo made me, lol. I carefully cropped the nice looking area and thereby hid away the ugly mutilated parts, hehe. Talk about marketing huh!

I whole heartedly agree with what you are saying Indy and much appreciate the kind words. :4rofl: The most important part of a wiki I believe is the content/text and the teachings from it. I don't think I'll be using those exact textures you see in the screenshot though. I was more or less testing out a "feel" or style. I think I can make that parchment feel work for our wiki so I'll keep going in that direction and see where it leads. Thankfully, wiki's are a lot less complex than forums are. Judging by the image below, I think that all I will really need to do is change the background for the articles, background for the area outside of articles, possibly a tiny banner and the style of the menu boxs. Oh and probably the little tabs as well.

wikiskin0.jpg