American Gangster

Katran

American Gangster is a must see movie. It is based on a true story of one of the biggest gangster cases. The set is at the end of the Vietnam war in New York and shows both sides of the fence the Gangsters[Denzel Washington] and the Cops[Russell Crowe].

This movie is set for greatness with the starting line of of Russell Crowe and Denzel Washington directed by Ridley Scott and appearances of Cuba Gooding Jr. and Armand Assante is something that must be seen.

Here is the trailer for it :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765429/trailers-me60061652

• 2 weeks later...

For me, this is also one of those movies (next to the annual Harry Potter flicks) I will definately want to see in theater. The trailers look promising, and I can always do with a good dose of violence :blink:

• 3 months later...

Just saw it last night, and only at the end when I saw the rolling credits realized it was done by Riddley Scott. Yee haw, one of my favorite all-time directors ever. And, lol...only when someone else mentionned it I realized how long it was, yeah it's long :4rofl: Denzel impressed me with his portrayal of the gangster...you know, with all of the big "mafia" movies out there, it's funny how crime as run from the harlem ghettos by Afro-americans has been so glossed over. In fact, this point was touched upon at the end when high official couldn't give enough credit to the fact that someone had now undercut eveyrone else and was producing the world's purest drug at half the cost through a very new system of transport via the american military. Denzel kept taking me off guard with surprise outbursts of violence that was just downright creepy and delightful to watch at times.

Great movie, one to watch and remember...just set aside aside the time, because you're in for a long haul.

:)

gogo