Try to do the right thing and look what happens....lol

I was putting my long-handled WE through her paces last night. I wanted the test out the fire start Ari gave me. I also have an Orla staff as my poison weapon.

My Orla staff is socketed with two 'adjornment of experience' rings and a random ring; I did this so I would not lag the servers for everyone else.

I was looking through my chest and found two level 75 orla rings--the ring of fighting. I socketed them into my bracer--I am wearing the other ring on my finger.

So I head to the desert and had a go with the orcs. Bolts! Wonderful, laggy bolts!

What?!

I looked at my staff. You can tell if it is a compete set just by looking at the rings(each one looks different). This was not a full spear. I looked at my bonuses and it is showing that I am wearing a full set. If I oversocket a Fadalmar axe and then manage to undersocket the rings elsewhere, will a mage be able to take advantage of the fireballs?

Sweet!

bolts on a long handled WE?

Got any pics?

:4rofl:

gogo

p.s. sorry but I'm unsure on the response regarding fad's Sil, hopefully someone else here will have the answer.

I'll get some pictures for you. Since I was on an empty server at the time I decided to have a little fun with the Orla staff. I cleared out the goblin cave a few times and then headed south, past the city of Khorad Nur--to D'cay.

I really wasn't in the mood to die; she is awesome with her staves and is quite a rune finder as she has only read about 20 runes in 60 levels.(if the truth be told, she does the actual rune farming and transfers to my dedicated rune farmers).

But still, what is the point of running around killing orcs and goblins all the time? If she isn't worthy, let her die and another take her place.

So she went toe to toe with the weakest of Ancaria's dragons. She may have done better with a different staff, being that the orla is doing poison & magic. It took about 2 minutes to bring the beast down. Oh, I strapped on my boots of revenge before the fight. With all the bolt action, I made quite a bit of money.

As for the Faldamar question. I'll have to check on one of my axe lore toons first. If it works than I'll try on another. To oversocket a fad axe is easy--evil managed to oversocket a Treerage and it has a much higher axelore requirement. But to undersocket the rings.....

to get fads working on a bm would be a real feat to accomplish all things considering here is my thought on it socket 2 of the fads rings in the axe and a ring with min Magic lore in the 3rd socket the take the 3rd ring socket into a shield and over socket the axe lore requirement and Presto a bm with full fads. HMMMMMM could be interesting.

to get fads working on a bm would be a real feat to accomplish all things considering here is my thought on it socket 2 of the fads rings in the axe and a ring with min Magic lore in the 3rd socket the take the 3rd ring socket into a shield and over socket the axe lore requirement and Presto a bm with full fads. HMMMMMM could be interesting.

That is what I was thinking. But the item needs to have a requirement higher than the 10 to axe lore needed by the ring.

So far we have the oversocket where you defeat the requirement of an item with a ring. There is what I refer to as the undersocket, where you use the item to defeat the requirement on the ring. Is there a third way where a high requirement ring will overpower fadalmar ring, making up for the lack of such a requirement in the item?

This is all so exciting. I feel like Vageta when Goku told him that there was a second level of Super Saiyan. :(

I have a pair of fads axes specifically socketed for my low level toons with no or no chosen axe lore. Ofc there in I need dual wield but thats ok :) They work a treat and you still get the full bonus of the fire ball thingy from the fads :D I haven't tried a single fad and a shield with the third fad ring in it but it should work shouldn't it: lol I need more coffee.

I'll load up the game laters and post a pic of my dual fads with the rings used. I am now going to have to try out the axe and shield hehe....oh what have you started Sil :(

Hi :(

Ah the wonders of Creative Socketing... :)

#1,

As far as I know what Sil experienced is impossible.

To get the bolts from Orla you need to socket every 3 ring right into the spear. If you socket 2 same orla ring and the second in the spear then the 3rd ino your helm (for example) you get the full set bonus and it will show you as a full set BUT without the bolts feature. The absolute full bonus can be reached only when sockething every piece in their own place.

Still there is a common bug when an Orla spear is present somewhere in the server (even in stash) then sometimes the sparks can occur <-- sometimes hurting the player.

#2,

There is no way to make Fads fireballs working for a BM or Wood Elf. Absolutely no way. Period.

IF you dont have axe lore but have dual wield (seraphim, DE) then there is a way to make it work tho. You need to dualwield 2 Fad axes at the same time and socket them with the fad rings.

here is some picture help (all right reserved; TM; Csaszar's Graphic Designs Company :) )

fad1.jpg

Override ring: a ring with any skill requirement (you need to have that skill at the appropriate level)

For example a ring with 20 req to weapon lore - so you need to have at least 20 weapon lore to be able to equip that ring. Now if you place that override ring it will override the 10 axe lore req from the Fad rings (and the axe).

Any Jewelry: any jewelry of your choosing. Doesnt matters if its ring or amulet. Put in what suits you better. (for example leech or Xp jewelry)

fad2.jpg

The order MUST be the same as in the PIC or else it wont work! (actually you can swap the override ring with the any jewelry in the 2nd Axe - that makes no difference)

This is working because we make Sacred believe all the rings are socketed in Fad axes so the final fireball bonus can happen. Without the 2nd Fad it wont work because the game will see that one of the rings are NOT in a Fad axe.

Finally: Have Fun! :D

Warning!!

After several years at the moment discussing this on SIF is not allowed anymore. However this is not a "cheat" or something like that its still better to not question their decision. This thing is in the game from the beginning and they didnt took it out - now that is the real "official statement" :P

More question about this should be aimed at Carolyn.

Ah the wonders of Creative Socketing... :D

#1,

As far as I know what Sil experienced is impossible.

That was my whole point...It should be impossible.

I have two of the rings in my orla spear and one in my bracer. I gave the spear to evilmale last night for inspection; her verified that the spear was not completed.

When I hover over the little shield thingy in my inventory--the one that shows your resistances and set bonuses--it is showing that I am holding a full orla staff. If I remove the bracers, the set shows as not complete.

If I take the staff into battle, I get the true orla blasts, not the random ones that can kill you. I get them pretty much after every hit.

Now this is the perfect case of schizophrenia:

Of course I take your word and believe you if you say this happened BUT at the same time I know and I say its impossible and it doesnt happened - at least not in the way you described it.

Hehe difficult case. Sacred is buggy - but we know exactly how thoose bugs are working - and the phenomen you describe simply couldnt happened. (I played a lot with a full Orla without the special bolt bonus and it never happened.)

Well there is one way to prove this once and for all.

1) here is my orla staff:

TheorlaStaff.jpg

2) here is the first ring:

Thefirstring.jpg

3) the second ring:

Thesecondring.jpg

4) the third ring:

Thethirdring.jpg

Notice that two of the rings in my staff are the exact same?

5) here is the missing ring--in my bracer:

Ringinbracer.jpg

6) equipment back on WE, here is the set bonus. Impossible you say? Well here is the proof:

Thebonus.jpg

7) and putting it all together......:

Themoneyshot.jpg

Now there is one thing that is strange. If I go to silver, wearing the same stuff, my chance of bolts drops to 20% and I can't get them to fire.

I'll attach the exported toon....as soon as I figure out how...lol

Edited by Silearth

A few thoughts:

1) Isn't the armour on a Seraphim sort of "free-flow"? I recall boots and greaves fit in the same armour slot.

Perhaps weapons and bracers also somehow share a slot.

If this is true for Seraphim, perhaps it is true for other classes as well?

2) If this Orla experience can be recreated on another Seraphim by simply passing over the 2 pieces of equipment... then it would be isolated to the two pieces of equipment.

3) If a buggy game with Orla present is all that is required as a 3rd ingredient... getting the "right" buggy game could be a challenge.

There is room for a lot of testing in and around the issue.

Also, an export of the character to SP could see if it only appears in MP.

If not, perhaps someone else would have more interest in nailing down exactly what is going on (I, for one, would be very interested in trying to play around with this to see how it works.) :( ( I could PM you with my email address so you could email my the pax file.)

Whatever you decide to do, have fun doin' it!

Just to clarify, my toon is a WE. I exported and tried it in open. Same results. I then tried in SP. The highest I could start was silver. In silver the chance of bolts drops from 25% to 20% and they won't fire.

I'll send you the toon.....

We should try this with a Fads as well. Three fads rings in the axe, with two being the same ring, and a third in your armor. Maybe it's because the game only checks whether there are three rings of the same set in the weapon, and then checks which rings are in your gear (overall).

Interesting though.

Well I can attest to what Sil's WE is doing. He sent me a copy of her and we headed off to open. I looked at the gear and I was surprised He is actually pulling off major sparkage with his we it was quite fun to play this toon on my server.

BTW Sil nice WE she rocks

Edited by EvilMale
We should try this with a Fads as well. Three fads rings in the axe, with two being the same ring, and a third in your armor. Maybe it's because the game only checks whether there are three rings of the same set in the weapon, and then checks which rings are in your gear (overall).

Interesting though.

This seems like a very logical answer.

I recently(a couple of hours ago) received word that someone was able to recreate this trick with a Fadalmar axe--on a BM.

That would mean two fad rings in the axe with a ring to defeat the axelore requirement. Then the third fad ring in a shield or something, and another ring to defeat the axelore requirement in the shield.

Hi :D

Well there is one way to prove this once and for all.

Sil: You dont need to "Proove" anyithing because no one doubted what you said.

But providing thoose pics and the concept was a very good idea. Now we could experiment a bit on the phenomen you found.

Such experiments and your findings could give some fresh interest to the game and I loudly compliment to you for that!

@ Sil:

That was not exactly what I meant, though.

You see, in your staff, you've socketed three rings of the orla's set, but two are the same type.

Maybe that's the reason the fourth ring of the orla set, being the third type, gives you the sparks, according to the theory I thought up with a sleep shortage. :D

Still, I'd like to see the evidence of that fad axe. AFAIK, that should not be possible at all! :)

Edited by Timotheus

Hi :D

Actually I found myself eagerly waiting to get home from work put my baby and wife to sleep (ASAP) and start experimenting with that Fad idea :)

If we would be able to make Fad working for BM.... lol that means a new BM for me right away!

Edited by Csaszar
@ Sil:

That was not exactly what I meant, though.

You see, in your staff, you've socketed three rings of the orla's set, but two are the same type.

Maybe that's the reason the fourth ring of the orla set, being the third type, gives you the sparks, according to the theory I thought up with a sleep shortage. :sick:

Still, I'd like to see the evidence of that fad axe. AFAIK, that should not be possible at all! :D

If I can get my hands on some more orla rings I'll tear down the staff and replace one of the rings with a generic. Or I'll send the exported toon to the other comp and bring both copies to open.

Is there some way that I can upload the pax file here?