The Expedition thread

locutus

Oh, I didn't realise that "getting" a merchant was a one-shot/transaction affair... I also thought they would be more useful...

Edit: Fortunately my level 12 Storeage gives me ~14m storeage, so the merchants are of greater use for me I think. I think even go so far as to up my storeage on my main by 1 level (to ~20m)...

expeciditions been real bad for me on a time/results comparison. stopped at 3, might as well hit inactives. got like 500crys, 109dm and then 14k of metal. near complete waste of my time.

so I ran some math on about how much a merchant costs. with paypal (in order to launder my own money from myself and hide from wife) it is 35.95 us$ for 500k units of darkmatter. then at 2500 darkmatter units a trade, that is 17.975 cents per call of the merchant. considering what I do for a living, that is 10 seconds time at work.

I think that rate of return is outrageously high considering and probably unheard of in ogame. here comes silo10 for crystal on hw. had played with and gotten best of 1.95crys to 1deut.

a note on merchant if you do mess with, request the one you want to sell. say you have metal and want crystal, get the metal merchant.

Heh, I've taken all non-necessities off my grocery shopping list and I'm still relying on handouts from my parents to pay the rent. Paying even just 9 pence for a merchant in ogame would go against my entire financial strategy.

I'll be the uni's only deut trader.

Edited by th3undon3on3

at least one positive I can see is the ability to do graviton in far more secrecy. all transactions are done in house, with no need to beg, borrow and steal to get the crystal. chance of success goes way up if no one has a clue.

undone: I could barely afford to live in aberdeen, but probably had something to do with spending every night out at the pubs :wow:, clubs :) and peelers :D chasing ice princesses. up your silos to increase your quantity traded per trade and hence reduce cost per quantity of required resource. works great below moon, exchange, ship to moon and exchange again.

I just completed grav in relative secrecy anyway. I saved most the crystal myself. Annoying that I could have saved all the effort when that energy bug was around at the start of the new version.

And I decided on another expedition:

We came across the remains of a previous expedition! Our technicians will try to get some of the ships to work again.

The following ships are now part of the fleet:

Large Cargo 1

Espionage Probe 452

Cruiser 1

Light Fighter 2

Entry from the machines officers logbook: Sadly we do not have enough capacity to bring all those nice ships home.

I have so many probes now it's crazy.

I'll be the uni's only deut trader.

At least you should get good rates then...

Or maybe not if he is trading with me. :whistle:

Somehow I doubt that most turtles will be active enough to do xpeds to find DM/ a deut merchant. Fleeters in .de are still able to find deut. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

niceone3pd.gif

On a tiny moon with its own atmosphere your expedition found some huge raw resources storage. The crew on the ground is trying to lift and load that natural treasure.

You got Metal units of 880.000.

I know the next question is what did you send

This is what I sent

l.cargo 200

l.fighters 500

h.fighters 581

b.ships 500

b.cruisers 40

I have yet to expedition . . . wondering if there is any real point. Normally, most of my fleet slots are pretty busy punishing those around my moons for the audacity of their proximity. However, occasionally I think maybe I should try it out. Hmmmmmm, thoughts? Generally positive experiences or generally a waste of time? Anyone found enough DarkMatter to actually buy something other than a GameForge key fob or an oGame eraser?

- Ike

I usually send out somewhere around 12 a week. So far my total dark matter is 1257 I've gotten. I was watching what happens to other people when they send out expeditions and rarely see ships getting destroyed so am thinking this is the way ogame wants to get people into buying dark matter maybe by supplying samples and hooking them Who knows? Anyway I decided to take a chance and send a larger than normal fleet. Got pretty good results but don't think I will be doing that too often. Usually I only send a couple hundred l. fighters and maybe 1 hundred l. cargo'srobo.gif

Edited by Borg
  • 4 weeks later...

The only thing left from the expedition was the following radio transmission: Zzzrrt Oh no! Krrrzzzzt That zrrrtrzt looks krgzzzz like .. AHH! Krzzzzzzzztzzzz...

Transmission terminated

Uh, I think that's bad. :P Now the Overview Screen shows . . .

One of your fleets returns from ColonyShipHoF (Moon) [1:477:6] to [::]. Its mission was: .

And there is no fleet listed in the Fleet Screen and one expedition slot now open. Guess that would be a total destruction kind-o-thing. :drinks::cool: 3 BS and 30 LC. :)

... Generally positive experiences or generally a waste of time? ...

- Ike

I usually was sending after fleetsaving - some cargos and some heavy fighters/cruisers - didnt get anything good enough last few times, so I just quit doing it

The only useful things would be the dark matters, so I guess a cargo only fleet is more than enough for expedition.

Other than that its a total waste of time IMO, even the good trips got me things I don't want. Better just build the ships you desire lol. :devil:

Yeah, I am up to 602 Dark Matter. Now I generally just send a few SC whenever I have free slots. I come back with <10K res, some probes/cargos/LF, Dark Matter, or nothing. :devil:

Your expedition took gorgeous pictures of a super nova. Nothing new could be obtained from the expedition, but at least there is good chance to win that "Best Picture Of The Universe" competition in next months issue of OGame magazine.

Whooo hoooo!

- Ike