The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Katran

• 5 weeks later...

Thought the film wasn't all I'd expected it to be, in many ways it was much more than I'd expected these days when it seems like every graduating project from a special effects school makes it to the big screen these days :devil:

I loved the books, did especially enjoy the white witch (though I think I enjoyed the white witch better from the spoof of the movie from Epic Move ;)) And...guess this one's being added to the summer roster.

:)

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Yaaaaaaaaay mroe Narnia!

I'm watching it

:D

~Doom

(In fact this topic prompted me to try and find my ancient copy of prince Caspian, I couldn't so I read some of the others instead :ninja:)

• 4 months later...

I finally watched Prince Caspian and I have to say I like this one a lot. It had a good story lot of action good CG effects nice comic moments some darker lines all in all nice 2 hours spent. :devil:

I haven't seen this movie yet, but Kat, I wanted to take up your comments regarding how dark this series is. I remember when I found out that C.S. Lewis wrote this series at the age of 12... astounding work for young mind. You'd think that most kids would only have image of playing, parks and sunlights in their heads...meanwhile the pre-adolescent writes one of the most important and well-read fantasy tales in contemporary literature.

Hats off to him...and of course...his work on Through the Looking Glass. Guess when you're thinking out of the box even at such a young age, the wildest tales become possible as a grown up. I'll never forget that moment when the queen in the first book kills Aslan... it was an incredibly cruel and heavy moment. lol, what was this kid reading before? And how/why did he feel compelled to write this?

:(

gogo

I'll never forget that moment when the queen in the first book kills Aslan... it was an incredibly cruel and heavy moment. lol, what was this kid reading before? And how/why did he feel compelled to write this? [gogo]

Hey Gogo, if you read his commentaries, you will find that the Chonicles of Narnia are based on the Bible, with Aslan being modelled on Jesus. Therefore the cruel death by crucifixion as a sacrifice and the resurection in triumph. Don't forget that even at that age he had decided what he wanted to do with his life, he went on to become a highly respected theologian and the right reverend C.S.Lewis.

Also it is in 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe', which is the second book in the series. The first book is 'The Magician's Nephew'.

Edited by podgie_bear

Ah ha! The Bible.. course, they didn't have tv...they had books... so THAT'S where he was inspired. Thanks Podgie, for the heads up on this. And, oops, yeah it was the second book huh. That one was actually the first I read of his, and so it always seemed to me to be the first.

:(

gogo

And, oops, yeah it was the second book huh. That one was actually the first I read of his, and so it always seemed to me to be the first.

:twitch:

gogo

Yeah, it catches everyone that way. I started with the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe too. In fact I read the whole series before I realised that The magician's Nephew should have been the first.

All in all it is an excellent series with some great moments. I particularly like the dwarves who insist on suffering rather than accept reality in the final book. I know a few people like that myself!

Edited by podgie_bear
I remember when I found out that C.S. Lewis wrote this series at the age of 12...

I've never heard that one before, and the evidence I have says he wrote them in 1949 - 54 (the books I have, also wikipedia backs this up, but wiki ain't always reliable :) )

So can anyone tell me for sure, was he twelve when he wrote them, or 12 when he imagined the world, or neither?

:)

~Doom

Tim you are the one that is corect. I think they are talking about the author of Eragon but who knows. I think that C.S. Lewis was a good friend of Tolkien they where in the same club where they where sharing there stories and ideas.

Tim you are the one that is corect. I think they are talking about the author of Eragon but who knows. I think that C.S. Lewis was a good friend of Tolkien they where in the same club where they where sharing there stories and ideas.

The author of Eragon began it at 15, I gave up on the series after he has failed to produce the last book for 3 or 4 years, or should I say last books as they are now

So I doubt it was him.

:D

~Doom