Another Sad Loss in the Acting Community

28 years old. a very sad loss. however, a valuable lesson can be learned from this. please. please please please don't take pills. they *suspect* that he had OD'ed and I am going to assume that is the case. people. drugs are not good for you, and this is a prime example of why ANY kind of drug can be dangerous.

May he Rest In Peace.

-Total

Our news said it was some sort of sleeping pills. The sleeping drug doesnt kill you itself but rather the other toxins in the pills. This is horrible he is one of my favorite actors.

May he Rest In Peace.

I agree Seductive, very horrible indeed :)

Very sad news :twitch:

Well when I watch the upcoming batman movie it just wont be the same :blink: very sad!

R.I.P.

:(:(:(

indeed, I pray they put a memorial to him in it like they did for brandon lee in the crow (which btw is one of the greatest movies ever)

-Total

Indeed crazy stuff- and the sad part was-u never heard bad things about him...not out clubbing in front of anxious paparazzi, or losing custody of his children or being obnoxious about his life...very sad that someone like that died young and in the manner he did.

It was indeed rather sudden. The autopsy isn't done yet, I would for one wait for the result.

Very tragic, and yeah I probably won't go see the new batman movie. It just seems wrong somehow, to me. :twitch:

It was indeed rather sudden. The autopsy isn't done yet, I would for one wait for the result.

Very tragic, and yeah I probably won't go see the new batman movie. It just seems wrong somehow, to me. :twitch:

Oh I don't know what better way to honour him than seeing him in is his supposedly best role yet :blink:

A couple of facts.

They have found no illegal drug substances where he was and

the American police did not inform the parents..........they found out their son was dead via the radio in Australia. :)

stubbs

Kinda big news where I live. He is from my town, grew up here, went school here etc - I have a mate that schooled with him. We all liked him here because his despite his stardom and fame he remained very normal, came back here regularly and was always seen around town. Our own touch of Hollywood so to speak. Any way - I see they are bringing him home, his school is holding the memorial service. As he left 3 weeks ago he called our state newspaper, and left a very long thanks to the media, the locals and the state - for leaving him alone and in peace, allowing him to go to the beach, movies and Fremantle etc unfettered and in peace. It was a really nice thanks, and I am glad he is coming home to rest. In peace. :)

The West Australian 1

Coming Home

Edited by Anestty

The media won't let this one go.

Today they say there were a lot of different prescription drugs in the place... and that some of them were used to treat depression.

He lost custody of his child when his woman left him (the same one who played his wife in Brokeback Mountain).

The life of an actor is very up and down... you're super busy, or you're super not... many actors turn to drugs (smoking, alcohol, prescription, or other) or have them "given" to them... It's a hard life.

I read somewhere he liked living in New York and had a regular life in Soho.

I'm sad when someone so young ends it all/has his life ended through accident.

The roles he recently played might have affected him too. The last few really don't sound very positive. Perhaps these roles preyed on his mind.

I thought he was great in Brokeback Mountain... and had already borrowed a friend's tape of "A Knight's Tale". It'll be a sad movie now, regardless of how it was meant to be.

This is pretty sad news. This is one of the actors that didn't "bug" me. He seemed serious enough, and the first time I saw him act, in "four feathers" it was awesome.

Condolences to the family and all of his friends.

:P

gogo

Well I have had a couple of Heath Ledger movie marathons and yeah I know I am pathetic. LOL. I have all of his movies with the exception of Brokeback Mountain. I didnt want to see it because I didnt want to see him as gay LOL. Yeah I had this silly little girl dream that I was gonna marry him someday roflmao! Well, now that he is gone I will probably go buy that movie too.

I had been planning on watching "A Knight's Tale" for a while. A friend had dumped his VHS tapes and DvDs on us when he moved away... and one of them was AKT.

Watched it the other night. I enjoyed the film. And that's saying something... since I'd been so turned off by Medieval dancers dancing to rock music... which is how they sold the film here when it was released.

Heath Ledger was an excellent actor, had a pretty face, and worked on at least a few great projects. (Great writing is actually the most important aspect for an actor's career. Actors don't create the words...they shape how they are experienced. Without tons of supporting work, the actor can only produce mediocre work. Kinda like the lead singer in a band. Without the band, they're just Kelly Clarkson.)

Re: Brokeback Mountain: SV, you might find him ugly in that movie. The way he held his face through the entire movie made me think he was ugly. His face is closed. His body language is closed. Brilliant work.

I thought he was a talented actor as well. So many in that kind of feel like pitt, cruise, whatever kinda bore me. In fact, its more the story line or editing that those kinds of actors fall into that more than anything else will hold my attention.

I was always sort of interested in the kinds of lines that would come out of ledger's characters, he would make it interesting for me to look forward to what would happening next.

Again, sad event this is

:)

gogo