Guy sues family of dead cyclist he collided with

OMG That guy is the most inconsiderate piece of **** I ever ever heard of in my life..........

How can he feel NO remorse WHAT SO EVER! and just want to make money out of his killing of someone else.........

Even contract killers are nicer, at least they're honest about what they do!

:)

~Doom

Oh this doesn't surprise me, When I was young, My brother was hit by a woman in a BMW while he was on his bike... the lady sued our family for the damages. I dont remember what happened after though, I just remember the panic of my parents. Mean while it took years to pay off the hospital bills and his recovery from the split hip he received. I dont remember all the details, just remember his hips were broken.. some people just... arg....

ahh crap Ari that is really bad ;) there really are some utter merchant bankers in this world who don't deserve air space :)

On a side note funnily enough I was just talking about stuff with a friend and my ex whilst I was pregnant with my first kid had a major fall in Holland (60 feet) due to some negligent idiot he worked for, lets just say a month in ITU in Holland and a huuuge heap of legal bills, nobody won but you end up a bit wiser...sad world we live in at times....I say 'at times' though :P

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080125/ap_on_...n_mourners_sued

guy was going "100 mph in a 55 zone..." ok. ok. lets see. ok. *bites rawhide strip to stop from assaulting something* wh- *has seizure because brain is over-taxed from thinking of what was going through this idiot's mind* WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?!:) I think the supreme being up there might be slipping up a little bit, as someone needs to be tased by the almighty lightning bolt of god. seriously, how are you going to kill someone and then sue their family for killing them? what's wrong with this picture. NOT ONLY THAT!!, but who in god's name are this idiots lawyers? they should be disbarred, taken outside the back of the courtroom, and spanked. after that, they should be given electroshock, and be forced to knit for the rest of their lives in a group home. I hope someone considers vehic manslaughter charges (I hope they can do that kinda stuff in spain)

-Total

The only thing here I find absolutely unbelievable is that this is not happening in the USA. We are so litigious here that I might expect something like that. The concept otherwise is merely repugnant.

We hear of armed criminals suing the police for "excessive force" in subduing them when they don't release their weapons. To me, that situation allows for deadly force, so excessive just can't happen.

As to vehicular manslaughter, the article indicates that both parties were at fault for the accident and closed the case, so not likely to occur and even lesss likely for a conviction.

Insanity, apparently, rules today.

As to vehicular manslaughter, the article indicates that both parties were at fault for the accident and closed the case, so not likely to occur and even lesss likely for a conviction.

yah I know, but they didn't say they tried the case in a court of law... if spain's laws are somewhat similar to the US's, they still have a chance to jam up this fool. I mean, technically, there still is a chance a jury will convict, even if he SHOULDN'T be legally held responsible. (even though, I was always understanding that it was one of those "lesser of two evils" scenarios... e.g. 100 mph in a 55 is definitely worse of a crime than crossing the road at night with no reflective gear...) just my opinion

-Total

Well I for one wish that I could get a big stick and beat the crap out of most people in this world that do stupid stuff like that!! That would make me happy! But, I am also not surprised because when a drunk driver killed my aunt he tried to sue my family for his emotional pain and suffering of the tramatic event and when a drunk driver ran over my cousin and sent him flying 50 feet he tried to sue us for the damages to the front of his pick up. Needless to say my mom is a parallegal and works for a great attorney but heck the things people do these days.

When my mum was a kid she was hit by a drunk driver and was left temporarly paralized etc. The guy got off with it because his wife had just had a baby, so he was celebrating.

so celebrating is now a legal excuse to hurt people:) :4rofl:

wazzup with the world?

Whoa r u serious undone? I can only imagine that was back in the days when DWI's weren't a big thing or even a crime. I remember my criminology professor(thats the ironic part) telling us how he drove home snockered a few times as a young guy, but only because back in his day it wasn't illegal and/or understood what the consequences could be.

Yeah, it must have been late 60s/early 70s I think.

I was told that, before I was brought into this world, my parents had been out at a friend's party and consumed inordinate amounts of alcohol. Instead of walking the 15 minutes back and picking the car up the next day, my dad decided to drive back. Of course, my dad is a responsible guy, and he made sure to drive safely, ie slowly. What would have been a 15 minute walk turned into a 90 minute drive :4rofl:

When my mum was a kid she was hit by a drunk driver and was left temporarly paralized etc. The guy got off with it because his wife had just had a baby, so he was celebrating.

Justice is a word. Not a reality.

It all depends on who you know...

Justice is a word. Not a reality.

It all depends on who you know...

arguably the wisest statement I've ever heard. not going to lie, I feel as if when I become full-on the force, I'm going to focus my policing towards alcohol/drug-related crimes. I feel as if those are two things that definitely limit the amount of justice that's able to be achieved. I know many attorneys and other powerful figures in my state and many others are addicts of cocaine and heroin, and many more are alcoholics or drink and drive. I think that frost is right when he says its about who you know... its just a shame. some people need to be beatdown.

-Total

And if you try taking these people down a peg you'll no doubt find yourself giving speeding tickets for the rest of your career.

I agree, its sad, I already know people who are working as security guards for doing their job as an officer. it truly is a shame.

-Total

The other sad thing about this is this: life is a competition. Competition for salaries, mates, houses, apartments, level 216 first, whatever.

If the berieved family just roll over and play dead... then the drunk driver (or speeding driver or driver) will collect his money and his lawyer will collect his/her money... it's all in what you can squeeze out of life. Or... if they're insured... then it could fall on the insurance company... which will then increase the insurance rates for the family... which means it affects the family again.