Sacred_Refugees

Hi :4rofl:

Sacred_Refugees

Not too long ago I started this guild in Mythos to provide a place where we can meet and find other people. Currently its really hard to hook up with someone if you dont know the exact name of the current char that person is playing. the friend list and the guild list together could solve this problem.

Guild membership will provide a way to chat and speak trough different playmodes (normal, elite, hardcore) and it allows more people than the party channel (more than 5 people).

So basicly Sacred_Refugees is a guild born to help fellow Darks and DAers to meet and have more fun :blink:

The rules for membership is very simple:

Its granted automatically for any Dark and DA clan member (however requesting the membership in game or in this thread is still required because technical reasons) plus if you really want someone in the guild or you meet an old Sacred player we can arrange to invite them too.

I would like to ask the guild members to post their char names and the difficulty where it plays in this format:

ID: Csaszar*

Char name: Sacred-Csasz

Class: Gadgeter

Any other information is welcomed but not really required.

How is the guild system working in Mythos

Guild invite is for a single char. So if you request a guild invite for a char ... for example DarkSchot then dont be surprised that an another char wont be the part of the Guild until he/she gets his/her own invite. I promote to lead all your chars into the guild to be able to participate in the guild chat.

Getting invites for your other chars is possible trough 2 means:

#1 preferred: post the exact name of your char in this thread and as soon as possible I will invite him/her

#2 second: find me ingame and ask for the invitation.

Anyway you will be granted that invitation without further questions (ofc) but until FSS doesnt manage to promote Officers (with invitation rights) beside the Guildmaster the whole invitation procedure will be a bit awkward.

Again:

Sacred_Refugees is a Guild born to help us find each other and if our interest concerning Mythos will gone so will gone he guild.

As last I am asking permission from the mighty Lords of this Board to continue using this Mythos corner and gather the required info.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

* not account name (currently account names are not playing the slightest role in the identification of a player) but a name we might know you.

Guild Members:

very well, I'll start off right away:

(btw, we should post about this circuitous guild-invitation system on the mythos beta-forum..

http://ww2.mythos.com/mythostavern/

ALL chars that may be created in the future should be automatically added to the guild,

it SHOULD be possible to recruite some sort of Guild Officers who can also invite others,

and non-guild members SHOULD be able to send a invite-REQUEST themselves, so invitations would work the reverse way too (if the officer/leader grants the invitation next time he gets it)

ID: bobcat (ingame) Rotluchs (forum)

Chars: none that have to be added atm, for details see the player-name listing thread:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6151

btw, maybe it's the best that new players or new toons are listed in only one thread,

and if they wish to be added to the guild they could announce that with posting their new toons...

(to prevent having 2 incomplete lists of player/char-names)

just imho, ofc :D

Greetings RL

edit:

just started a new thread on the mythos-board over here:

http://ww2.mythos.com/mythostavern/showthread.php?t=13442

Edited by Rotluchs

Hi :D

I am 100% positive with you ideas (especially the SHOULD BE part :) ). I fear the "MYTHOS player-name listing" thread is a bit outdated and because we arent moderators we cant edit it so this gave me the idea to start a new listing. Ofc if somehow that listing could be updated it would be the best solution to use that list. Also it could be a bit problematic that this listing needs only the guild chars and that listing is all chars. But I am good with any working solution.

I thought my idea would work this way:

Every Guild member posts ONCE and in the future he/she edits the original post. I will send out the requested invites and then when the process is completed you would edit your own post.

this:

Rotluchs/bobcat: Rotluchs(level 20 gdgt) Rufus(level 14 bldl) Lynx(level 2 pyro) bobcat(gdgt) Lince (gtg poison-mister)

or this:

all toons are named Rotluchs , Bobcat or Rufus now, but have an additional suffix depending on how many times I restarted the same build

well not the most accurate info to work with :)

(my own listing is greatly outdated too :( )

But as I said every working solution is good for me.

I thought my idea would work this way:

Every Guild member posts ONCE and in the future he/she edits the original post. I will send out the requested invites and then when the process is completed you would edit your own post.

No, I'm afraid it won't..

normal members like the others and me are only allowed to edit own posts for 24 hours or so.

don't ask me why it is still this way, and you don't wanna know how often I poked gogo about this for eg. :D

(I'll check some old posts of mine right away hehe.. but last time I did, I still couldn't edit them)

Grats on the new guild guys. May it grow fast. As for editing stuff you know that Gogo is an Admin and he may not allways be able to help you out with it since he has other jobs before him. On the other hand you can have any mod that is online at the time do the editing for you fast.

Great work guys. I can see you've been busy fine tuning the sacred refugees. Very nice to see! I'm sad to say I'm missing the fun but I'll hop back on soon enough! :)

As for maintaining an accurate list of guild mates I think what you have done here is the best solution that can be had at the moment. Csaszar can change the list whenever need be.

The idea of each person posting about their char names and editing as need be does sound nice upon reading it the first time but the thing is that editing a post does not bump up the topic. Which means if someone were to edit their post to reflect a change of char names there would be nothing to signal that change. You would need to check the topic every day. If people make a new post whenever they change their names the topic will be bumped up. And if you are subscribed to the topic you will be emailed of that change. :)

Great work guys! :bye:

P.s.

Oh and of course as Kat says you can always ask for a bit of help.

alright could you check if the following are still/already in the guild?

(im sure the bldl isn't, as I restarted him yesterday)

Acc: bobcat

Rufus-A (Bloodletter, Dervish+:) , currently clvl 20)

Bobcat-D (Pyromancer, Meteor+:) , currently clvl 34)

Rotluchs-A (Gadgeteer, Piercing Barrage+? , atm clvl 21)

Greetings RL

Edited by Rotluchs
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm leaving sacred_refugees since lately there aren't any members of it online at all.

also, I have most of you in my friend list anyway so no need to stay in the guild..

I joined the guild champions recently, with all my current elite+normal toons..

there are some very nice and kind cracks in it, I enjoyed chatting+playing with (maybe some of you know it's leader already..: Caliber ..he usually plays with his level 50 gatgeteer or +20 bloodletter etc. all in elite mode)

he and some others helped me a lot and also were there back when I hit level 50 with my own meteor pyro :dance2:

Greetings RL

PS:

does anybody know anything about Csaszar's whereabout recently?

hard to catch him via private message on SIF or here lately... really hope he's well up...

Edited by Rotluchs

Sorry to see it go, as I did have a few hours playing, but I hardly have any time, lol..I think my other friends got more use from the account, but, on my days off, it's a great get away mindless vacation heh

As there is no Tier Two Game for Mythos here at DarkMatters, the forums have been taken out with all the posts in them being moved into the New Games General Discussion Area.

Cheers

:)

gogo

Sorry to see it go, as I did have a few hours playing, but I hardly have any time, lol..I think my other friends got more use from the account, but, on my days off, it's a great get away mindless vacation heh

As there is no Tier Two Game for Mythos here at DarkMatters, the forums have been taken out with all the posts in them being moved into the New Games General Discussion Area.

Cheers

gogo

Ah. well then... good thing for me and few others might be, at least the mythos-sticky threads aren't lost, as for all other posts :3lmao:

I don't mind I don't care.. much.. although I sure liked the mythos-subforum..

but, on the other hand I may ask:

why is the Space4K subforum still there? last post is almost one year old.. well 10 months..

and Guild Wars 'latest' post is also 5 months old ;)

well anyway.. thx for the explanation.

PS: if I see the account GunstarGirl online in Mythos again.. every now and then:

now is that only you then who plays it, or is it maybe someone else then.. I'd like to know, if it's no prob for you to tell ;)

Edited by Rotluchs

Twas my fault about that lol. I shouldn't have made those forums until the name was settled. We don't usually create forums until a clan name with the word Dark in it has been settled upon which gives it status as a tier two game...hence the creation of forums for it. (this is why those other game forums are there...cuz they fulfilled all the requirements for tier two status)

I guess I jumped the gun and created the forums before any thing was settled by the group of peeps playing mythos cuz I love you guys so much much.

:lol:

gogo

p.s. Rotluchs, that account is pretty random, we never know who's playing it lol..it's just there for vacation time :lol:

• 2 years later...

lol, gogo.. thx for reinstating it the other night, after more than 2 years :lol:

I know, I know, reviving old threads on the other hand..

well forgive me in this case.

it's because, Mythos was relaunched, the actual Korean Beta just ended and finally the english one will soon start again..

so when and if CBT goes live,

maybe we can relaunch Sacred_Refugees as well as the temporary beta-tester guild and find each other ingame more easily.

(since it's less complicated than anything that would include 'dark' or [D.a.r.k] which is reserved for real officially Clan/Guild supported games, as I learned for the first time years ago)

I regret that I was ever saying I would 'leave' you just because there was little 'activity' ..

glad I never did so as I said, one of the rare times I brake my promise and it was good that I did lol (dont ask me what got into me)

it was only temporary, or in other words, during beta I was in

Champions_Guild (a pure mythos clan that formed during beta) ,

Sacred_Refugees , and some experimental thing I started up my self temporarily, forgot it's name-tag

I'll roll a bit slower this time, or at least will try to do so. promise.

if there will be the need for a new Guild or Clan ,

let me know and we see what sweet new name we could come up with, or use Sacred_Refugees again

btw gogo: uuh?^^ when did you ever stopped using blue ink for your posts, did you ran out of it ? ;)

Twas my fault about that lol. I shouldn't have made those forums until the name was settled. We don't usually create forums until a clan name with the word Dark in it has been settled upon which gives it status as a tier two game...hence the creation of forums for it. (this is why those other game forums are there...cuz they fulfilled all the requirements for tier two status)

I guess I jumped the gun and created the forums before any thing was settled by the group of peeps playing mythos cuz I love you guys so much much.

gogo

p.s. Rotluchs, that account is pretty random, we never know who's playing it lol..it's just there for vacation time :P

Sacred Refugees sounds good to me, but if you did want another name you could always try something like:

:)"The Sacred Order of the Dark Myth" :lol:

Edited by podgie_bear

Relaunching a Tier two clan from this section here at DarkMatters could work. We don't have the time to have DarkMatters or FDM in another place that we can't actively effect, and this is why we've never allowed small "satellites" on other sites without a very fine toothed comb...and with our own site here being very busy with Sacred 2, expansion in this way is currently not an option.

...however, James if you are interested in committing yourself to starting a base of operations Iat DarkMatters as a Tier two Clan we would be okay with this. Please just check our rules for Tier Two... you will need an official application posted, plus someone will have to be a Game Captain that will become our liaision to the clan.

gogo

you see, I just had something simple in mind wwhen one would refer to dark matters in the most non-confusing but yet accurate way..:

thought this would be acceptable, if you don't like the description give me your 'official' one in 1 or 2 sentences, np :)

thefellowshipofdarkmattersMBDC8.jpg

this is an example for a Sig

people who like to, could use at http://forums.redbana.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13 or anywhere else.

btw didn't we have some sort of official , sanctioned forum Sigs - for "general purpose",

people who like to let others know about them @ Dark Matters on any other board across the Net ?

..the same thing I had in mind in this special Redbana - Mythos case, for starting a Social Group over there:

an example what a Social Group is or looks like :

http://forums.redbana.com/group.php?groupid=133

mythossgexampleHSL6M.jpg

(click the img to load&enlarge)

for Mythos-Subforum here @ FDM or as a Tier2 / officially sponsored/supported Game including all the steps necessary:

imho it's too early for that, this is why last night I created the link-collection thread for reference and temporary/later use..

ty for the 'Mythos General Discussion' subforum in the 'New and general gaming' section, I think this is more than enough for now, let's just see how it goes from here..

imho thats also not confusing to anyone that would find his/her way from over there to here @ FDM,

as to me the location of the Mythos subforum here makes it obvious its not an official clan/forum/board/guild game whatsover, yet it is (or at least has been) very popular already anyway.

we cant even join and PLAY right now, since CBT hasnt even started again yet - not to mention the possibilty and unclear date of any sort of final/retail version.

but, thought it was right on time to start things going again, just a little (gives us some time to prepare.. well me at least lol)

Edited by Rotluchs

Hi James, I'm sorry, lol..but as said in my post, we're not ready/able to nest our name on any other sites yet.

All we can offer , with our name and association to this website here at DarkMatters ... is Tier two clans on this site at darkmatters.org only

If you're interested in a Tier two clan here, that's cool. Please take a look at rules for it, and you can make an application in these forums.

gogo

p.s. here, I will post a walkthrough so it's perhaps better vision. let's say you make a tier two clan called Dark Force. You would then be entitled topost DarkForce as your name in other forums. WE would not allow the use of FDM or DarkMatters as or related to titles in other groupings on the net that are not directly on this site. Maybe sometime in the future when Sacred 2 is less busier and we have more time on our hands. Right now our first and very main focus is Sacred 2. This is what we're known for currently, as we are the busiest English Sacred 2 forum in the world. We'd like our reputation to reflect this attraction we have to our niche, as well as with the quality and heart with which we support it.

Hi James, I'm sorry, lol..but as said in my post, we're not ready/able to nest our name on any other sites yet.

All we can offer , with our name and association to this website here at DarkMatters ... is Tier two clans on this site at darkmatters.org only

If you're interested in a Tier two clan here, that's cool. Please take a look at rules for it, and you can make an application in these forums.

gogo

p.s. here, I will post a walkthrough so it's perhaps better vision. let's say you make a tier two clan called Dark Force. You would then be entitled topost DarkForce as your name in other forums. WE would not allow the use of FDM or DarkMatters as or related to titles in other groupings on the net that are not directly on this site. Maybe sometime in the future when Sacred 2 is less busier and we have more time on our hands. Right now our first and very main focus is Sacred 2. This is what we're known for currently, as we are the busiest English Sacred 2 forum in the world. We'd like our reputation to reflect this attraction we have to our niche.

edited my post above,

added a pic of a www.darkmatters.org signature you could use if anyone wanted to - it's all I wanted to have for now, nothing more or less..

here @ FDM, I would be good even with or without the current Mythos General forum you just reinstated but thx for that :lol:

for the very same reason you mentioned, I for one would feel overstrained a bit, even if it was 'only' Tier 2, which is imho very much already anyway.

for any 'official' Mythos Clan/Guild name to form over THERE, I'm perfectly fine with good old Sacred_Refugees for example, would be the next best thing to do anyway.

Edited by Rotluchs