Ikariam Game

just a reminder but can you ppl please also take a look at my post on the bottom of page 21, things move awefully quick in this topic

( we really really need our Tier 2 )

From page 21: "It is also mandatory you join our forum and post regularly before you are even considered for membership."

While I like asking them to visit the forum and get to know us, I strenuously object to mandatory posting rules. Mandatory posting frankly is one reason I never joined DA or WNx. We start imposing too many rules and I'll defect.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like asking them to visit the forum and get to know us, I strenuously object to mandatory posting rules. Mandatory posting frankly is one reason I never joined DA or WNx. We start imposing too many rules and I'll defect.

How about a compromise? Mandatory posting until they got in.

Edit: Also I'm going thru the thread and removing all cood, if you object my doing so plz let me know.

just a reminder but can you ppl please also take a look at my post on the bottom of page 21, things move awefully quick in this topic

( we really really need our Tier 2 )

From page 21: "It is also mandatory you join our forum and post regularly before you are even considered for membership."

hmmkay wouldn't want that to happen, though I think it would be logical they join the forum, if for nothing else then the trading and open discussion

here's the revised version

Sacred Darkness [( name to be chosen still )]

We are a Gaming crew consisting mostly of sacred players who come together on one of the Sacred Fan forums

http://www.darkmatters.org [( insert logo image + hotlink ? )]

We are members of bother D.A.R.K. and DA ( Descendants of ancaria ) and are Avid Browserbased MMO players Who follow a certain code of Honour.

Loyalty towards our Crewmembers, No cheating, exploiting, Scamming and no 3rd party tools or bots.

We are a Democratic crew who all have a vote in our decisions, we do not go to war lightly but cross us and You WILL feel Our Wrath. all our positions are also Democratically chosen.

Leader : the Fearless LLama8

general : the Ruthless DarkIndy13

Diplomat : the Eloquent DreDBanGeR

Home secretary : to be elected [( the Pencilpushing .... )]

[(ps any suggestions to your name are welcome I just made em up as I went )]

any application to our clan will be scrutinized and Voted on, however it is preferred you are allready

known and vouched for by one of our members.

It is also preferred you join our forum and post there to be considered for membership.

we'd like to know you before we accept you.

asking to join our alliance because you get raided by one of us will be discarded without any discussion.

asking to join us when you have less then 1000 points will also be discarded without discussion. ( exceptions are made for long time members of the forum)

changed mandatory into preffered and slightly altered the tone of the sentence, let me know if anything else comes up.

I won't put it up untill we decided on a name anyway and till LLama8 returns.

Sacred Darkness [( name to be chosen still )]

We are a Gaming crew consisting mostly of sacred players who come together on one of the Sacred Fan forums http://www.darkmatters.org [( insert logo image + hotlink ? )] We are members of other D.A.R.K. and DA ( Descendants of ancaria ) and are Avid Browserbased MMO players. Who follow a certain code of Honour. [( where is this code of honour? I have never read it, and what if it is breached? what consequences or will those be discussed in private?)]

[*] Loyalty towards our Crew Members

[*] No cheating

[*] No Exploiting

[*] No Scamming

[*] No 3rd party tools or bots. [( do scripts count)]

We are a Democratic crew who all have a vote in our decisions, we do not go to war lightly but cross us and you WILL feel Our Wrath. All our positions are also Democratically chosen.

Leader : The Fearless LLama8

General : The Ruthless DarkIndy13

Diplomat : The Eloquent DreDBanGeR

Home Secretary : to be elected [( the Pencil pushing .... )]

[(ps any suggestions to your name are welcome I just made em up as I went )]

Any application to our clan will be scrutinized and voted on, however it is preferred you are already known and vouched for by one of our members. It is also preferred you join our forum and post there to be considered for membership, we'd like to know you before we accept you.

Asking to join our alliance because you get raided by one of us will be discarded without any discussion. Asking to join us when you have less then 1,000 points will also be discarded without discussion. ( exceptions are made for long time members of the forum)

Just changed some stuff not much really, added some punctuation, and changed some capitalization, plus added some notes.

[( where is this code of honour? I have never read it, and what if it is breached? what consequences or will those be discussed in private?)]

this is put in for 2 reasons, sincerity and for possible future alliances with clans who uphold those same basics, ( some even require them to even consider an alliance like WNx)

the code of honour To me is nothing more then a basic principal which should never be broken, nor do I expect it to be, but you have to make a statement about it.

if by scripts you mean tools to calculate attack times and attack power for certain units like Speedsim or phalanx timer for Ogame, no they are not illegal ( maybe the word tools isn't right ) I was talking about Programs that run the show for you. I'm not aware of such programs for ikariam nor am I aware of such programs in Ogame but imagine a tool where it will send a fleet away 30 seconds before it might get hit and then recalls that same fleet after the hit was done, I consider THAT a Bot and thus illegal. Calculating programs do nothing more then use the basic mathematics of a game, they don't change the game itself.

the other things seem pretty clearcut to me,

scamming is not repaying someone who send u a FECAL MATTER!load of goods

Cheating is amongst other things.. setting up a second account on the same server to act like anything from a free farm to a nice espionage base without the other player knowing he is not playin that character but somebody else alltogether etc. etc.

the use of exploits ( if any but there's bound to be a couple cuz it is still beta ) should also be forbidden.. instead of misusing an exploit you report is both here and on the Ikariam website.

I think loyalty speaks for itself :)

Looks good to me guys. The one thing I'd change is that Llama only has 1 L capitalised.

:4rofl:

I'll be around intermittantly (to FS in Ogame & keep stuff building ing Ikariam if nothing else) this weekend, but not next week.

Edit: Oh, BTW, Frag-ile's (long time Sacred player, for those who don't know) playing in Ikariam too! Though he's already in an alliance. :)

@ DreDBanGeR - Okay mate thanks for explaining that and I have some calculation scripts if anyone wants to use them they are basically short cuts and thats it and one tells you how many points a player has, and so that is the final version which is going on our external alliance page?

so I posted in my other thread that I cant be a part of this game for a while so who would like to take over my towns and if no one has the time then I will just put them on vacation mode so its up to you guys :)

so I posted in my other thread that I cant be a part of this game for a while so who would like to take over my towns and if no one has the time then I will just put them on vacation mode so its up to you guys :)

best u put it in vac mode and come out of it every other week or so , I don't know the babysit rules here yet but if I doubt we can just take over your account for a few days, ip checks etc.

so I posted in my other thread that I cant be a part of this game for a while so who would like to take over my towns and if no one has the time then I will just put them on vacation mode so its up to you guys :o

best u put it in vac mode and come out of it every other week or so , I don't know the babysit rules here yet but if I doubt we can just take over your account for a few days, ip checks etc.

ok thanks for the info .... ill hopefully be back to playing next month :o

Not sure if the whole problem w/ not being able to build a warehouse beyond level 17 is a beta issue or just a bad design oversight.... but I'm starting to see the end of this game approaching.

Here's how it plays out.... get a level 17 warehouse, build up goods for level 4 palace, build 4th colony (total of 5 towns). Stockpile sulphur to build troops. Put all extra crystal and gold into buying upgrades at workshop. Launch big armies against enemies to take their loot and kill their troops. Can't really do permanent damage because nothing destroys towns. Only way to win is to pound an enemy until they give up and quit the game out of frustration or boredom.

The two differences between this and Age of Empires are 1) time scale (minutes versus hours/days) and 2) here you can't truly defeat anyone (just their troops, can't destroy their towns).

Hate to say it but I think I'm over this game. The level of involvement drops off because the times get so huge that you have to walk away for 1/2 a day while something happens. Only flurry of activity is right after placing a new colony or if launching a series of pillaging raids. I'm just not finding enough on-going play value to keep me interested.

It would appear that the long term playability is lacking. There isn't a fair start like Ogame, which surprised me.

Research ends as well. Its ok to borrow a civilization like tech tree, but it cannot be a one level deal as it is. There is no need to research once you have it all, it is a big flaw isn't it? This isn't like civ where you can start a game again and again and again.

There has to be a way to lower building time too. I hope they realize it and will revamp it, since the game does have some interesting idea. Oh well we will see...

Well its officers lol, only more so than in Ogame.

The game is not even "gold" yet and they are trying to cash in. Now I don't see any future in this game, I hope it will but logic tells me that it won't.

Edit: on second thought, trading post upgrade seems ridiculous too, it won't be useful at all. Seeing good deal far away is pointless, you will end up empty handed anyway. No point in raising it past level 5...

The should just combine trading post with trading port. Raiding serious players are impossible as of now.

it is indeed starting to look less and less appealing, even though I haven't researched everything yet, and I plan on doing at least that.

it's friggin 0.1.8 and they're tryin to get money ... they didn't even fix the language bugs or made any progress in the real game yet, this kinda blows... well .. I'm not givving up yet .. but I'm starting to wonder if this is a fun game to keep playing after researching everything.

Hate to say but it's becoming somewhat boring for me too. While it's nice that I keep gathering resources and researching when off line, when I'm on-line there's not much to do. Couple clicks and I'm set for another 12 hrs. Not sure it'll keep my interest for much longer

hmmmm thats not what I was expecting to read when I decided to see what was going on with the game ..... it sounds kinda like it was fun while it lasted but ..... well anywho it kept me at least somewhat preoccupied while I was at work and so on ..... at least I am drunk and can try and reflect on it tomorrow :pitcher:

Well.. I don't see a problem with the techtree as is... After a while they just reset the whole thing. Just like they do (or did anyway) with planetarion when I played it. Back in 2000....

But allready asking money for something that's still ridden with bugs.. that's just plain wrong if you ask me...

O well, I'll sit this one out. We'll see what happens. :cha (18):

@Myles... one cultural treaty per museum/museum level

Yeah, I kinda agree with you guys, after you've got ~5 (?) towns, all you can really do is build up an army (after you've finished the research tree) & then what? It's a pity that building times don't decrease with (say) increased "idle" villagers, or techs, or town hall level or something.

:cha (18):

I'm currently researching Helping Hands & am ~60-70% of the way through the other fields.

I slept late today and 2 of my towns overflowed their storage capacity. Indy was right that marble will become the really limiting factor. Need so much to upgrade buildings. Can't save for next palace and upgrade warehouses and town halls at the same time.

EDIT: I'm out. Went into options and deleted my account. Ya'll have fun.

Edited by masteff

*sigh*

Didn't want this to happen as the game has quite a lot of potential, however it hasn't given me any excitement for the past 3 days or so. Why? I produce more than I need. Basically I have nothing to spend my resources on as building times are so long and training troops doesn't really help with anything. I mean why train more troops if I don't have the need to raid others?

So if anyone of you wants my account please say so and I'll give it to you, otherwise I'll delete it this sunday night.