Ikariam Game

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going back to Well Digging for a sec... something interesting happened. Since it's a prerequisite for Wine Press, the game automatically switched over to Well Digging. Very cool that it did that on its own.

thats pretty cool ... also some poor soul tried to pillage me last night and he only got 1 gold :)

:D I sent my 2 Slingers on a raid & they both got killed off.

Still, at least my expenses have dropped.

I'm now saving up to build a Palace (635 wood IIRC), then saving up to build a colony (1,250 wood & 12k gold or something stupid).

thats pretty cool ... also some poor soul tried to pillage me last night and he only got 1 gold :4rofl:

:) I sent my 2 Slingers on a raid & they both got killed off.

Still, at least my expenses have dropped.

I'm now saving up to build a Palace (635 wood IIRC), then saving up to build a colony (1,250 wood & 12k gold or something stupid).

:);):D

So I've decided this game has elements of Age of Empires and Stronghold in it, only it has limited graphics (meaning static, not moving). But... it's much slower than those to keep it more fair on the whole MMO side of it (meaning one player can't stay up all night and overrun the whole world). Heck, I doubt you could overrun much in less than a month.

Llama, when you get ready to send out a colony, let me know if you go marble or sulphur and I'll do the other right behind you.

So I've decided this game has elements of Age of Empires and Stronghold in it, only it has limited graphics (meaning static, not moving). But... it's much slower than those to keep it more fair on the whole MMO side of it (meaning one player can't stay up all night and overrun the whole world). Heck, I doubt you could overrun much in less than a month.

Llama, when you get ready to send out a colony, let me know if you go marble or sulphur and I'll do the other right behind you.

Definitley Marble mate. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed more buildings...

I wasn't sure if the 50 of each good was from researching wealth or building a warehouse or what. Took me by surprise. But it was enough to upgrade my academy and town wall a level or two more.

I'll start working on a boat load of crystal to send your way. I figure I'll be right behind Llama on starting a colony, so we'll see about getting you some other resources to pay for vino. :)

Yeah, I think the free res comes from researching Wealth.

There are two types of Trading.

The first is what we're used to from Ogame, you agree with another player (wherever they are) to buy/sell something & send your ships.

The second uses the Trading Posts & is limited in the range that you can trade (Trading Post lvl1 = same island, lvl3 = adjacent island, lvl5 = 2 islands away, etc). When you click on your Trading Post, you can get it to search for whatever you want to buy/sell (that's the Find Bargin button). Further down the page is the section that allows you to say what you want to buy/sell & for how much. When you click on the Find Bargin button, it filter's other player's offers (buy/sell) from their buy/sell section. When you make an offer to sell something, it will remove what you've offered, when you make an offer to buy, it'll remove the gold from your coffers to pay for it.

Don't forget about pushing, that still applies to the first type of trading.

IIRC the Trading Port will tell you of any ships inbound.

Yeah, I should probably start building up a stockpile of that for when I build a tavern.

I should have some stone(!) in the morning, so I'll send you some of that for some wine.

Yep, the trading port does show inbound ships, and if you mouse over the number of ships, it shows what's on board.

I've changed my short-term strategy slightly... after trading notes w/ Llama, I've maxed crystal and will try to get some stone from a nearby island neighbor in trade.

Guess we'll see which of us is ready to start a colony first, Wankers, and decide then which of us does marble or sulphur. What's your sailing time to Llama? (if you click his town like you were going to transport goods to him it will show sailing time) He's 21 hours from me. Might make sense for whoever's closer to do sulphur. Reduce our overall transit time.

Yep, the trading port does show inbound ships, and if you mouse over the number of ships, it shows what's on board.

I've changed my short-term strategy slightly... after trading notes w/ Llama, I've maxed crystal and will try to get some stone from a nearby island neighbor in trade.

Guess we'll see which of us is ready to start a colony first, Wankers, and decide then which of us does marble or sulphur. What's your sailing time to Llama? (if you click his town like you were going to transport goods to him it will show sailing time) He's 21 hours from me. Might make sense for whoever's closer to do sulphur. Reduce our overall transit time.

I've bought the 5 Trading ships I'll need for a colony, my Palace will be done in ~2 hours & then I'll "just" need to save up the 12k gold...

I've been thinking (and reading on the Ikariam forum), is wine more important long-term than Marble? One you've built a Tavern, you can convert that wine (by the hour) into happy people, which means more people, more gold, more resources -> more everything...

So I'm now wondering whether it's a better idea to go for a Wine island next? Or can Wankers keep us supplied with enough wine in exchange for crystal & marble?

I am in the process of upgrading the vineyard to a level 3 ... Llama is 18.5 hours away from me ..... I currently have 203 wine and am sending 100 of it to Llama as I type this ... I am too tired to think of strategy at the moment so whatever yall figure out I'll go with .... too much drinking last night and had to get up early today and go to work ... ugh

*EDIT*

vineyard level 3 now so with 49 workers I make 24 wine an hour :oooo:

Edited by Wankers

DOUBLE POST! ahh the little things in life that can give you joy .... anywho I was wondering if either of yall needed gold or wood to build a new colony:) If so I can send you mine and then when I go to build a colony you can help me out

There's a problem with that Wankers, it's called pushing...

:(

And you can't transfer gold direct to another player.

;) ohhhh well I guess that makes sense .... I could use some more stone if you have any extra and you need me to send some more wine or was the 100 enough that I sent:)

100 will be more than enough, I've not even built a Tavern yet.

I'm going to do a quick calc to work out how many free citizens I'll need to get enough gold for a new colony by first thing tomorrow morning. I'll then send you my first 100 Marble Wankers.