Ikariam Game

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, we'll have you in the alliance soon Indy.

:)

I'll have enough res to upgrade my Palace in an hour or so (plus the ~1.15 hr transit time from my stone colony), so I should be able to build a new colony in ~9-10 hours. :)

I'm also almost finished researching Cultural Exchange (or whatever it is that gives Museums), I'll then start on the one that leads to Holiday/Helping Hands.

Finished building embassy.

To join an alliance I'm supposed to search for it and click on the hands icon, right? (I get the text for it in german, but I suppose that's what I have to do >_<)

Finished building embassy.

To join an alliance I'm supposed to search for it and click on the hands icon, right? (I get the text for it in german, but I suppose that's what I have to do >_<)

Yup. I think that only the Leader (Masteff) can accept applications.

Rather annoyingly, just after I sent ~1.5k wood & 150 stone to my capitol, some other players delivered 1.5k wood on the trade that I'd put up on my Trading Post. At least I'll be able to send a colony as soon as the Palace finishes. Or start building a Museum.

Actually, I think that was rather good timing on their part.

I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about having let Indy into the alliance... I was looking at the member's list in my embassy and he already has 1 more point that me! (598 vs 597)

The race is on my friend, the race is on!

P.S. - need wine at Michaeldelphia at coords XX:XX, let me know if you want marble crystal or wood in return

I'd like to note that upgrading your palace to lvl2 takes 8 hours, so I'll be starting up the new colony tomorrow morning. At least I'll be able to send some res with it though.

Now that Indy is in the alliance, I'd like to propose a motion to change the General to either him or Cycs, as they're both more aggressive players than I am, and generally have (or appear to have) more time to play more aggressively. I'm happy to stay as General, but I'm sure that sooner or later they'll be more effective as General.

I'm starting to have 2nd thoughts about having let Indy into the alliance... I was looking at the member's list in my embassy and he already has 1 more point that me! (598 vs 597)

P.S. - need wine at Michaeldelphia at coords 21:39, let me know if you want marble crystal or wood in return

wine boat on its way :)

I'd like to propose a motion to change the General to either him or Cycs, as they're both more aggressive players than I am, and generally have (or appear to have) more time to play more aggressively. I'm happy to stay as General, but I'm sure that sooner or later they'll be more effective as General.

:) No prob Llama. We'll leave it to DarkIndy and Cyclops to volunteer for the position. So if either of you want to be alliance General, just speak up. I'm guessing the General will need to be someone willing to help coordinate team actions in addition their own solo actions. The in-game FAQ says the General:

• Can see all the troops and war ships of members.
  • Can see all attacks from or on members of the alliance.
  • Can call back attacks from alliance members.

Another option is that we all just do battle solo. (We are in 3-4 different time zones / parts of the world, which is harder to coordinate.) We could reserve team action for when one member is getting badly beaten and needs to call in the reserves. We might still want an aggressive player to be the General, as they may be the first to respond to a call for help.

as acting diplomat on Abyssal Fury (FURY) I would like to extend a friendly hand and suggest an Alliance between our 2 clans, We are currently 14th on the alliance list and we're hoping to grow some more, we also have a Peace treaty with WNx, and our leader Noe is currently very busy to get more diplomacy points so that the other members who are in line can also join up.

Unfortunately the forum we use is slow and sluggish so I won't invite you there ( kind of a don't call us we call you policy :whistle: )

with Regards

dreD :)

Edited by DreDBanGeR

Must not let masteff ahead... must not...

:whistle:

:) No prob Llama. We'll leave it to DarkIndy and Cyclops to volunteer for the position. So if either of you want to be alliance General, just speak up. I'm guessing the General will need to be someone willing to help coordinate team actions in addition their own solo actions. The in-game FAQ says the General:

IMO the general should be either someone who plays the game a lot. That way he can check to see if members who are offline are being attacked and let others know in hope that someone is able to send in troops to help. Well, I kinda have plenty of time to play (if you take out the occasional random times that I go on mini-vacations) so I guess I could do the job, unless of course someone else wants to or is more suited for it. :)

Also, yay, training my first 5 Swordmen. :) (already have 15 slingers)

Also, yay, training my first 5 Swordmen. (already have 15 slingers)

nice I have 10 swords men and 5 phalanx guarding my main city :)

also if anyone has any marble I will trade wine and/or sulfer for it as I am trying to upgrade my palace hopefully tomorrow

Edited by Wankers
also if anyone has any marble I will trade wine and/or sulfer for it as I am trying to upgrade my palace hopefully tomorrow

My miners are plugging away... hope to send you a shipment tonight to repay the boat of wine that's in transit.

I vote for Indy because I don't actually have a lot of time to play ATM.

yay loading resources for my 1st colony. plus travel time I'll have it in 2 hrs and 15 mins. It's a marble colony in XX:XX and so far I have no neighbors there.

hey my barracks in already level 4 but I can only recruit slingers. Is there a reqt for swordsmen that am missing? :)

yay loading resources for my 1st colony. plus travel time I'll have it in 2 hrs and 15 mins. It's a marble colony in XX:XX and so far I have no neighbors there.

hey my barracks in already level 4 but I can only recruit slingers. Is there a reqt for swordsmen that am missing? :)

you need to research the military tree to get more units I believe

yay loading resources for my 1st colony. plus travel time I'll have it in 2 hrs and 15 mins. It's a marble colony in 16:29 and so far I have no neighbors there.

you need to research the military tree to get more units I believe

my mistake!! turns out I havn't researched professional army yet :D

My third colony is going out to a wine island.

Edit: BTW, lvl3 Palace costs 19.6k wood, 6.9k stone & 4.6k crystal.

yeah I was looking at how much higher level buildings were going to cost ... sheesh ..... also I think my third colony is going to be on a stone island if yall can keep me updated with crystal

llama always the miner type of player!! :thumbsup: nice going llama. :drunkards:

am just about to build my embassy as soon as I finish researching foreign cultures in less than 4 hours so I will be able to join the alliance hopefully by tomorrow

additionally am now regretting the fact that I didn't start to lay this game earlier. I thought I wouldn't like it!! :(

if yall can keep me updated with crystal

My crystal production rate is pretty high. I can have a boatload w/ about 5 hours notice. Just drop me a line. :(

sweet :drunkards: same with my sulfer ... I have about 1k sitting there waiting incase someone needs it to protect themselves from attackers

*EDIT*

Wooohooo just got up to 1.002 points .... Llama is still kicking but with 1.239 ...... I'm trying to catch up though :thumbsup:

Edited by Wankers

I'm testing what happens when I transfer troops from one town to another (sending 1 slinger to my capital).

I know the unit should cost me more upkeep while in transit, but I'm hoping the upkeep will go back to normal once the slinger arrives (it's my own town, why should it cost more to be stationed there?).

One really weird thing is that under Military Reports, it shows up that my one city is attacking my other!! We noticed earlier that returning trade ships show up in troop movements. But this is even stranger. I sure hope that my slinger doesn't get killed when he lands in my other town!

I'm testing what happens when I transfer troops from one town to another (sending 1 slinger to my capital).

I know the unit should cost me more upkeep while in transit, but I'm hoping the upkeep will go back to normal once the slinger arrives (it's my own town, why should it cost more to be stationed there?).

One really weird thing is that under Military Reports, it shows up that my one city is attacking my other!! We noticed earlier that returning trade ships show up in troop movements. But this is even stranger. I sure hope that my slinger doesn't get killed when he lands in my other town!

any incoming army is for some reason looked at as an attacking force ... even if it is troop movement between two of your own cities .... dont know about the upkeep at a different city then where the unit was built but I would think it goes back to normal.

Wooohooo just got up to 1.002 points .... Llama is still kicking but with 1.239 ...... I'm trying to catch up though :drunkards:

:thumbsup: Look out Llama!

After noticing that Indy's now 100 points ahead of me, I've decided that I'm above the arbitrary rankings of points... I play only for the thrill of the game. :( (That and I'm obsessive/compulsive and I don't know that I could make myself stop at this point.)

I would think it goes back to normal.

That's what I'm hoping. Figured I'd test now w/ 1 unit rather than us find a big bug later on.

The upkeep goes back to normal.

After noticing that Indy's now 100 points ahead of me, I've decided that I'm above the arbitrary rankings of points... I play only for the thrill of the game. :thumbsup: (That and I'm obsessive/compulsive and I don't know that I could make myself stop at this point.)

:drunkards: