Ikariam Game

Ah, thank you all, the resources are much welcomed. :D

Going to direct my research towards expansion and foreign culture after Wine Press is researched (must get tavern). This shouldn't take more than a day or two, after which I'll be able to join the alliance. :)

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alliances need to have free Diplomatic Points (DP) in order to admit people. It get's this by members donating their DP to the alliance(though I've not worked out how to donate DP to the alliance yet).

Not sure if it works differently for me as the alliance leader... click on your embassy, on left side under actions is "transfer diplomacy points". It then has a box, it starts w/ zero, I can then assign all of my free points to the alliance. Your screen is probably just a little different as mine does say "As a leader...."

Not sure if it works differently for me as the alliance leader... click on your embassy, on left side under actions is "transfer diplomacy points". It then has a box, it starts w/ zero, I can then assign all of my free points to the alliance. Your screen is probably just a little different as mine does say "As a leader...."

Under actions, mine has: Send circular message, Quit & Overview of the Troops

Oh & Ack! Need more wine!

Oh & Ack! Need more wine!

Sending you some wine (150), would need some crystals and a bit of marble. :viking:

Edited by Indy13

Hmm, then that means our points will be dependent on my diplomacy level. I have enough points (level 3 embassy = 5 pts) so everyone from here can join. Once I get a new colony, I'll find out for sure if colony embassies add to my points (surely they do since research is added to overall work).

I'll go for marble colony. I'll need that most for embassy building and defences (I assume that as leader I'll be most prone to attack in the long run).

I know that I'm the lowest ranked player here but I'll just post my building and research levels.

Building

Town Hall 4

Barracks 1

Trading Post 1

Warehouse 1

Trading Port 2

Academy 4 (to be 5 in less than 30 minutes)

Research

Conservation

Pulley

Wealth

Well Digging

Paper

Am currently researching Wine Press (currently 13 hours left)

mine are as follows:

Town Hall 6

Barracks 4

Trading Post 1

Warehouse 2

Trading Port 2

Academy 5 (level 6 2 hours to go)

palace level 1

tavern level 2

shiupyard level 1

town wall level 2

research:

Espionage

Army

Expansion

Ship Maintenance

Maps

Wine Press

Deck Weapons

Dry-Dock

Wealth

A few players are underestimating what their resources are worth. I figure 10 gold per unit of good is the minimum that I'll sell for. (Basic production cost is 8 gold per unit = 2 workers to make 1 unit per hour). I just bought 200 units of sulphur at 3 gold per unit.

Quick tip: visit your trading post whenever you log in and see if anyone's selling below the production cost... if so, buy it if you have the money and available trade ship.

My current levels:

tradeport 3

shipyard 3

warehouse 3

tradepost 3

barracks 4

academy 6

town hall currently upgrading to 5

embassy 3

tavern 2

wall 2

island saw mill 6

island crystal mine 4

research:

seafaring: foreign culture

economy: wine press

science: currently on ink

military: professional army

Sending you some wine (150), would need some crystals and a bit of marble. :D

Thanks Indy, I'll send you some Crystal/Marble when my merchant ships are free.

Buy more ships. ;)

So what exactly is the cost for building a colony?

1,250 wood & 12k gold ... in that ball park lol

Yeah, but you also need 5 ships (which you get back) & 40 people (who make the new colony).

You can also send some res with the ships to help get the new colony started. What I'd recommend is to send enough wood & stone to get your the new Town centre up to level 5 or 6 & for a level 2 Tavern. Also, don't forget to send ~100 or so wine (to keep the tavern ticking over at 5 wine per hour = massive growth). While that's building, you can send the res to build a level 4-5 Academy. In the few days I've had a second colony (and lvl2 tavern), it's at 233 pop & has 76 free, 80 working the saw mill (gotta love a developed island) & 47 working the marble quarry & 28 scientists. My main has 311 pop, 155 free, 66 working the saw mill, 48 working the crystal mine & 43 scientists.

Uhm, oops. >_<

That means I don't have enough wood to start a new colony at the end of the day. :S

Can anyone loan me till tomorrow (or trade in exchange for 150 wine) 300 wood? The resources must arrive before 22:00 GMT today, otherwise I'll have to wait till tomorrow anyway. >_<

I just spent most of my wood on my new island upgrading stuff there :D .... otherwise I woulda been able to send you some .... I'll probably have enough to send you some in about 1.5-2 hours though

@All - Wankers has an island mate who's asked for help against another islander who's being a bully. We're looking into sending resources to them both to help out. Not sure what we'll need just yet but I may be making a call out for trade goods (I'm spending gold to acquire sulphur and marble, which are needed for soldiers and defences).

Unfortunately, the easy answer, which is a miltary alliance, costs 11 diplomat points and we only have 4 unused (3 after Wankers' embassy is completed and he joins). We'll befriend the other player and possibly see about bringing him into the fold.

@ Indy - wine would be great