Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

12 minutes ago, Flix said:

I see that the "Chance for Melee Double Hit" mastery bonus text has been removed from weapon lore skill tooltips.  Now that we know it's functioning, shouldn't it be restored? It could even be enabled permanently since it begins functioning even before mastery.

I'd say it should be a "hidden" property, like those special weapon mechanics in Sacred1. The way it works is quite shoddy, basically, a state flag is being set, that's checked upon animation selection.

20 minutes ago, Flix said:

The cooldown + regeneration time calculation is missing from my spell tooltips! Is this intended or did the strings change? This was useful information and the only way for the player to know actual cooldown times.

Definitely not intended. May I see a sample of the original outlook?

23 minutes ago, Flix said:

In typification.txt, CLF_CHAINWEAPON has become CLF_LIGHTSABER, and CLF_RECEIPE has become CLF_DUBLADE.  But itemnames.csv still references NGCLF_CHAINWEAPON and NGCLF_RECEIPE for the item names. Is it not necessary to change anything in this file?

No, itemnames addresses NameGen.dll. Although, perhaps, changes chould be made to it, for the sake of consistency. 

26 minutes ago, Flix said:

In the list of spell tokens affected by Lore skills in Addendum that I got from you some time ago, the list includes "et_shield_block" but the actual token in spells.txt is "et_shieldblock".  I just wanted to make sure if it was a typo or if there wasn't a table in some dll that had the wrong name.

It's definitely et_shieldblock. Damn those typos and the inferior keyboards!

26 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Definitely not intended. May I see a sample of the original outlook?

An example:

2Kcwxkm.jpg

v15 on the left has both cooldown and regen time listed, unobtrusive but helpful to understanding what's happening.  I seem to be missing it in the upcoming v16, only seeing the total time.

12 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, try replacing global.res with the one from v15.

Ok I swapped out the global.res but it still looks like the example on the right.

Hello! Noticed something, maybe it's a bug?

1) Wings of Niocasta still drop out much more often than other "green" items, the ax of Parachu and the shield of the Amazonian aegis too (although less often than wings) :)

2) In the "Forgotten Valleys" quest, the village becomes normal too quickly, it's hard to hit the collect items button in time to get rewards from Elder Gerwein when I come to him after killing the boss.

Hello Dmitry ! Tell me, please, in the folder with the mod there is a folder "system_d2f" - why is it present in the archive with the mod? I tried to drop it into the "system" folder, the game started through the "sacred2_d2f.exe" file, but I did not notice any changes. Maybe something else needed to be done? Thanks !

6 hours ago, malkutus said:

there is a folder "system_d2f"

These files are meant to be used in conjunction with this mod but I haven't finished preparing the mod for the merge yet.  Maybe in a few months it will be in a good state.

@dimitrius154 I see the Seraphim has a full "ANIM_TYPE_SM07_RI" animation defined complete with markers, but I can't find any such animation in the pak folder.  Is it missing, or should it just overload to ANIM_TYPE_SM07_2H?

2 hours ago, Flix said:

These files are meant to be used in conjunction with this mod but I haven't finished preparing the mod for the merge yet.  Maybe in a few months it will be in a good state.

Thanks for the answer, it's clear now! Good luck with this. :thumbsup:

On 3/10/2023 at 12:48 AM, Lorane said:

In the "Forgotten Valleys" quest, the village becomes normal too quickly, it's hard to hit the collect items button in time to get rewards from Elder Gerwein when I come to him after killing the boss.

Hmm, the timer must be off.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:53 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, the timer must be off.

Unfortunately, this is the case: the Elder issues a reward and the village "reboots" (ceasing to be dark). After that, there are no awards on earth, and it’s very difficult to pick up at the time of issuance :(

Edited by Lorane
28 minutes ago, Lorane said:

the Elder issues a reward and the village "reboots" (ceasing to be dark). After that, there are no awards on earth

Once the next iteration is released< the problem should be resolved. The expected time of release is the end of March.

Hmm, should I make it the 01.04.2023 release, or should I not?)

@dimitrius154  Do minions summoned by the spellclass "cSpellSkKohorte" still use the behavior "Hireling_brave" by default?  I'm having a lot of issues with Druid and Necromancer summons (all of which use this spellclass) not attacking anymore.  Actually the Skeletal Mages are perfectly fine for some reason, but all others just roam around aimlessly while enemies attack them.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Do minions summoned by the spellclass "cSpellSkKohorte" still use the behavior "Hireling_brave" by default? 

Hmm, they now use "Hireling_mage_no_defense". Another 2018 modification mechanically added to the D2F without extra notification.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

the Skeletal Mages are perfectly fine for some reason

They have at least one CA. The A.I. issue is resolved by adding the "melee_attack_ca" to the problematic melee summons.

• Thanks! 1
12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, should I make it the 01.04.2023 release, or should I not?)

Thanks for the answer! I think for all players, the sooner the release, the better, but, of course, it's up to you :))

The question arose, is everything all right with the trolls in the orc region? The fact is that from time to time they kill with 1 hit, regardless of how the hero is pumped, and this happens even if you turn on the trainer with immortality mode xD

1 hour ago, Lorane said:

The question arose, is everything all right with the trolls in the orc region? The fact is that from time to time they kill with 1 hit, regardless of how the hero is pumped, and this happens even if you turn on the trainer with immortality mode xD

Many issues can be traced to the recently discovered faulty appelations within a primary game library:

Addendum s2logic.dll fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UIamGhQ0VKQSWZccsbd5WEZ4Lla17JmA/view?usp=sharing

Addendum Extra s2logic.dll fix: https://drive.google.com/file/d/106uNXTh2iUqs7qUsNULmFR96l3tX1LhP/view?usp=sharing

On 3/13/2023 at 12:52 AM, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, they now use "Hireling_mage_no_defense".

Thanks! Knowing that I managed to edit the behavior to my liking.  All seems well now.

The merge is going well, with a lot of pleasant surprises.  But I have had some issues, that I think can only be resolved code-side.  I've aggregated them here in this one post for ease of reference:

Tier 13 and above items still have classification bonuses. I have a workaround in mind if these can't be removed.

I'm still experiencing a number of unexpected weapon restrictions:

• Paladin can't use wands.
  • Barbarian can't use wands.
  • Assassin can't use wands or 2h magic staves.
  • Amazon can't use 2h swords.
  • Druid can't use shields, 2h swords, or any pole arms. He is able to use 2h Energy Weapons which should be probably be restricted.

Blacksmith Arts are missing their tooltips. I think this is to facilitate the randomized tokens, but I'm sticking with the static bonuses for D2F with unlockable Smithing skill bonuses. Can these three tooltips be restored please?

NwHCXmm.jpg

I'm glad to see shield bone present on the Inquisitor model, however I believe it needs to be rotated - maybe 180°? Especially with the shrunken heads the placement can be a fine thing.

GbZVC7P.jpg   hoSMAl9.jpg

The new Temple Guardian model seems to be missing the shield bone entirely. Displays on the ground beneath him.

8apVTRL.jpg

Poison Nova has a purple star casting FX now ("FX_INQ_VERGELTUNG_C"). This happens even without the altered particle scripts, so I think there must be some hard-coded link to the purple star/sparkles instead of the original green ones. I've run out of green-colored FX to use as an alternative.

OmCrcm1.jpg

Likewise the "FX_GEN_STOMP" for Werebear Shockwave comes out of his head instead of feet. Spellclass is the same "cSpellNova" that the enemy Stomp CA use, as well as the Barbarian's War Cry - those all look ok for some reason.

r1HaoZL.jpg

Tooltips for world objects and loot on the ground would benefit from having their opaque window box restored for D2-style tags. As it is, it can be difficult to read sometimes.

YGbU1K2.jpg   Mzin24g.jpg

Lastly are the spell property tooltips.  Back in 2017 you helped me with adjusting the spell property tooltips for several D2F CA's. Some of these are now broken with the new update, and a few others were never correct because I never requested them. This is, I hope, a decently formatted complete list of Loka-IDs I'm requesting to link to the appropriate spell tokens (anything not listed is correct as it is).

Spoiler

Redemption (gott_licht_blitz)
    UI_TT_LUMEN_PROPERTIES_1  "et_slow_enemy_any"
    UI_TT_LUMEN_PROPERTIES_2  "et_spelldam_UD_mag"
    UI_TT_LUMEN_PROPERTIES_3  "et_chance_block_spell"
    UI_TT_LUMEN_PROPERTIES_4  "et_chance_fear"

Salvation (gott_philosophie_schutzschild)
    UI_TT_FORENS_PROPERTIES_3 "et_damping_any"

Carrion Vine (gott_chaos_sakkaradaemon)
    UI_TT_KER_PROPERTIES_2  "et_life_leech_rel"    

Might (gott_krieg_kriegsrausch)
    UI_TT_KUAN_PROPERTIES_1  "et_chance_surehit"
    UI_TT_KUAN_PROPERTIES_3  "et_life_leech_rel"

Conviction (se_cm_bekehrung)
    UI_TT_SE_CM_BEKEHRUNG_PROPERTIES_3  "et_prone_all"

Bone Spear (in_in_verstuemmelung)
    UI_TT_IN_IN_VERSTUEMMELUNG_PROPERTIES_1  "et_range_area"
    UI_TT_IN_IN_VERSTUEMMELUNG_PROPERTIES_2  "et_chance_fear"
    UI_TT_IN_IN_VERSTUEMMELUNG_PROPERTIES_3  "et_dotdamage_physical"

UI_TT_IN_IN_VERSTUEMMELUNG_PROPERTIES_4  "et_duration_sec"

Bone Armor (in_in_kasteiung)
    UI_TT_IN_IN_KASTEIUNG_PROPERTIES_3  "et_chance_block_CC" -- I think this broke because this spell token didn't exist before, and I had attached the bonus to a different (now removed) token.    

Bone Spirit (in_uw_schaendung)
    UI_TT_IN_UW_SCHAENDUNG_PROPERTIES_2  "et_duration_sec"

Frost Nova (he_st_nebelform)
    UI_TT_HE_ST_NEBELFORM_PROPERTIES_3  "et_dotdamage_ice"
    UI_TT_HE_ST_NEBELFORM_PROPERTIES_4  "et_chance_freeze"

Frenzy (sk_hc_rammstoss)
    UI_TT_SK_HC_RAMMSTOSS_PROPERTIES_1  "et_mult_weapondamage"
    UI_TT_SK_HC_RAMMSTOSS_PROPERTIES_2  "et_chance_doublehit"
    UI_TT_SK_HC_RAMMSTOSS_PROPERTIES_3  "et_chance_areasplash"

Berserk (sk_hc_kampfruf)
    UI_TT_SK_HC_KAMPFRUF_PROPERTIES_1  "et_charge_AW_rel"
    UI_TT_SK_HC_KAMPFRUF_PROPERTIES_3  "et_charge_attackspeed"
    UI_TT_SK_HC_KAMPFRUF_PROPERTIES_4  "et_wounded_rage"

Plague Spears (dr_nm_bodenspiesse)
    UI_TT_DR_NM_BODENSPIESSE_PROPERTIES_2  "et_chance_poisoning"

Dragon Flight (tw_cc_tkampfschild)
    UI_TT_TW_CC_TKAMPFSCHILD_PROPERTIES_3 "et_chance_stun"

Venom (tw_cc_kampfaura)
    UI_TT_TW_CC_KAMPFAURA_PROPERTIES_3  "et_AWboost_rel" -- I see that the original "et_CC_AWboost_rel" token has been removed completely in favor of the all-weapon version, so this link broke.

Fissure (dm_dm_drachenschlag)
    UI_TT_DM_DM_DRACHENSCHLAG_PROPERTIES_3  "et_duration_sec"

Twister (dm_co_magischerwall)
    UI_TT_DM_CO_MAGISCHERWALL_PROPERTIES_2  "et_range_area"
    UI_TT_DM_CO_MAGISCHERWALL_PROPERTIES_3  "et_chance_stun"

• Like! 1
15 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I find the mounting feedback about receiving the same set items at an abnormally high rate unexpected, since I see no obvious flaw with the drop.txt normal distribution. Have you received any such reports for EE 3.2?

No, not in 3.2. I used to have such reports in older versions of D2F and EE, namely The Night and The Silent Water set seeming to drop too often.  IIRC it was because they had very low level requirements compared to other set items, therefore the game favored them at low levels.  I believe I increased their minimum level to resolve.  There may have been a handful of other set items that needed the same treatment.

In EE 3.1 there was an unintended effect of double rewards but this was because I tried to add multiple droplists into Droppattern(119.  The game chose to not only select items from both droplists but also doubled them.

16 minutes ago, Flix said:

I believe I increased their minimum level to resolve.  There may have been a handful of other set items that needed the same treatment.

Hmm, perhaps a minimum level of at least 40 should be set to resolve the issue...

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, perhaps a minimum level of at least 40 should be set to resolve the issue...

I've had a notion to set a standard minimum drop level for tier 13 and above and also to standardize the level jumps for these items.

If an item has a level jump of 1, might the game choose it over something with a level jump of 15, which might be far too high or too low for the player level? Just a thought.

@dimitrius154 Is it accurate to say that the only spez that will work with type = "BONUS_DROPCHANCE", is spez = "DRPC_ITEMS", and that this spez exclusively applies to potion drops?  That's the only one I see active in Addendum.  Also can you tell me if any droplists/droppatterns are explicitly linked to the spez?

• The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured