Sacred 2 Downloads - DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023

15 hours ago, Flix said:

Is this why the "stomp" FX comes out of my Werebear's head now?

No, "sfx_attach" is for the playable characters only, the "root" is expected for the rest. Many models don't contain the "root" bone, so the game engine "provides" it. I think, I'll have to rework the Werebear model.

15 hours ago, Flix said:

couldn't it have just been accomplished by managing the releasestage in the quest entries?

Singleplayer character quest progress does not get saved in Multiplayer and vice versa, no way to mark a quest as finished. So it would either be quest farming, or a lot of quests missing upon mode switching.

@dimitrius154 We touched on this earlier, but I noticed today, you are still using "BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR_POTENTIAL" on your spell bonuses.  I'd recommend to change to the type = "BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR" instead for "bb_debuff_armor_fir", "bb_armorrip_phy", and "bb_debuff_armor_phy" . This was the vanilla setup.

This should alleviate the need for using 133 as the final number in the spell token.

6 hours ago, Flix said:

I'd recommend to change to the type = "BONUS_DEBUFF_ARMOR" instead for "bb_debuff_armor_fir", "bb_armorrip_phy", and "bb_debuff_armor_phy" .

I've applied the changes to the current setup already, the update is not yet published. Working on quest sound issues.

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Working on quest sound issues.

Best of luck.

Unrelated, is there some way to prevent Mount Wards from having sockets?  Doesn't seem right, putting an amulet into an amulet.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Unrelated, is there some way to prevent Mount Wards from having sockets?

Sockets are just like any other bonus. Currently wards use vanilla groups, the solution would be to make extra groups, with the socket boni removed from the available pool.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Doesn't seem right, putting an amulet into an amulet.

It's a really big amulet, ya'know, plenty of space to plug in some common jewelry.

12 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Sockets are just like any other bonus. Currently wards use vanilla groups, the solution would be to make extra groups, with the socket boni removed from the available pool.

Well, strangely enough, if you delve into the bonusgroups for random items, you will discover that few, if any, contain sockets.  Sockets seem to spontaneously appear on random items in place of bonuses, probably based on values in balance.txt:

ChanceForAdditionalSlots = 450,
  ChanceForSlotToImprove = 200,
  ChanceIncForSlotImprovePerRareLevel = 50,
  ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForBlankItem = 0,
  ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForMagicItem = 0,
  ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForNormalItem = 250,
  ChanceToBecomeSlotItemForUniqueItem = 0,

My theory is that certain families, subfamilies or classifications in the itemtype entry prevent the socket appearance on items like jewelry, relics, etc.  I thought maybe SUBFAM_HORSE_AMULET or CLF_MTWARD could get the same exemption.  But it is not critical, since even the socketed bonuses would only take effect while riding a mount, correct?

@Sirisk, hello, if your character has a trading skill, could you check if you have an oddity with a set of items at merchants? I wrote about this situation in a on previous page (Wednesday at 01:52 and Friday at 12:18). The fact is that I also do not have this dragon, maybe the and situation with the items is identical and this is a bug?

20 minutes ago, Flix said:

But it is not critical, since even the socketed bonuses would only take effect while riding a mount, correct?

That's correct.

20 minutes ago, Flix said:

Sockets seem to spontaneously appear on random items in place of bonuses

Hmm, the easy way to check the validity of that theory would be to remove the socked boni altogether. The cursory look shows no functions to introduce slots the hardcode way, only quality improvement chances and slotted item property value multiplication.

2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, there might be a typo in quest.txt. Would you please send me the character file?

Hello.

I sent you a save in a private message.

2 hours ago, Lorane said:

@Sirisk, hello, if your character has a trading skill, could you check if you have an oddity with a set of items at merchants? I wrote about this situation in a on previous page (Wednesday at 01:52 and Friday at 12:18). The fact is that I also do not have this dragon, maybe the and situation with the items is identical and this is a bug?

Greetings to Finnish St. Petersburg!)

Unfortunately, I do not have the skill to trade.

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Sirisk said:

Greetings to Finnish St. Petersburg!)

Thank you) Mutually!

Maybe some of those who play have a trading skill? I would be very grateful if someone could check!

@dimitrius154 Some of the older iterations had the following documented, but I don't see it anymore in the changelog:

"Rings, amulets, other forgeables are now affected by item auto-collect quality filter settings in the "Gameplay" menu.

Are the any changes to auto-collect in the current release?

I'm getting some bad distortion with rj_inquisitor-magic-shoulders.GR2. I should have all Add. models and animations in place.

CM1UB3D.jpg

EDIT: Couple more questions:

Can you explain the mechanics of "BONUS_NOFLEE" when applied as a debuff? I tried testing it as a kind of Taunt ability by attaching the token to "cSpellNova", but I don't see any change in enemy behavior. Enemies in a fear state or in a "backing away because player is too high level" state don't respond unless damaged by the life leech triggering.  Enemies already attacking in range continue attacking in range.  Do ranged enemies need to have a melee equipset in order to initiate melee? I would think they would rush in and attack barehanded even if they didn't.

Is BONUS_CHANNEL_CONV_TO_BEST supposed to have a text string that can appear in item tooltips? I'm unable to get it to appear.  I had thought to add "sb_off_physical_to_best" to a legendary damage converter but the bonus doesn't seem to be spawning.

5 hours ago, Flix said:

bad distortion with rj_inquisitor-magic-shoulders.GR2

One of(fortunately rare) instances of 3DSMax model skin corruption. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFGH3A06ousSfGx6uYtIV_JQMSG5QYgu/view?usp=share_link

5 hours ago, Flix said:

Can you explain the mechanics of "BONUS_NOFLEE" when applied as a debuff?

It forces the "cEnemySimple" behaviour. In order for the mechanics to work as intended all potentially hostile AI entries in beraviour.txt should contain the "state4="name=cEnemySimple,range=2000,attacksToChangeTarget=20,force_nearest=1"," subentry. Also, keep in mind that the modified D2F libraries are to be superimposed over the standart Addendum system folder content(minus the background images, of course), not over the CMP 1.60.

6 hours ago, Flix said:

Is BONUS_CHANNEL_CONV_TO_BEST supposed to have a text string that can appear in item tooltips?

Must have missed adding the text. The line to hashed is UI_TT_BONUS_CHANNEL_CONV_TO_BEST.

• Thanks! 1
6 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

In order for the mechanics to work as intended all potentially hostile AI entries in beraviour.txt should contain the "state4="name=cEnemySimple,range=2000,attacksToChangeTarget=20,force_nearest=1"," subentry.

That was the missing piece. That also answers my questions about the changes to behaviour.txt.

6 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

modified D2F libraries are to be superimposed over the standart Addendum system folder content(

Has been the case, since we were troubleshooting the crash on launch issue.

Good afternoon, Dmitry! Sorry to bother you :) May I ask when are you planning to upgrade? And will the situations with Daloriel, Miasm, the dragon in the desert be fixed there?

And also, can I ask you for advice on the situation with merchants in the Swamps and beyond, should I also wait for a patch?

On 4/3/2023 at 1:15 PM, dimitrius154 said:

The DM's Magic Barrier mechanics has been completely rewritten. Have you tried the CA as is?

OK I see now. I think this actually has more potential than my original Bone Spear design. I'm thinking a very small duration/hits per sec/radius at first, scaling higher with level and potentially with mods that can boost them even more.

It seems I can't target specific enemies with it anymore though. Do the spears intelligently target nearby enemies, or do they just randomly pop up in the given radius? I can't quite tell. I'd almost say this seems to be behaving something like Icy Evanescence/Fiery Ember now.

I my test I had must have added an extra zero to the duration cause it went on for something like 2 minutes, a non-stop barrage of hundreds of spears just decimating the enemies.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Lorane said:

May I ask when are you planning to upgrade? And will the situations with Daloriel, Miasm, the dragon in the desert be fixed there?

Good night! I expect to produce the next iteration around April 28, should include corrections to all issues stated)

37 minutes ago, Flix said:

Do the spears intelligently target nearby enemies, or do they just randomly pop up in the given radius? I can't quite tell. I'd almost say this seems to be behaving something like Icy Evanescence/Fiery Ember now.

Your guess is correct, the Fiery Ember has served as a template. The spears(or, rather, teeth) appear at random locations within a given radius.

• Appreciation 1

@dimitrius154 Can the run animations for the TG be reviewed please? I think they have a fault that causes him to tilt to one side when his right foot hits the ground. If you view in slow motion it almost looks like his foot slips on a banana peel and then he bounces up and to the side. The result in-game is that he seems to violently rock back and forth like he's about to tip over, whereas normally he would stay upright while running.

I haven't noticed anything like this with the other new animations.

8HDcNOg.jpg

17 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Good night! I expect to produce the next iteration around April 28, should include corrections to all issues stated)

Thanks for the answer, this is great news :) Did I understand correctly, this also applies to merchants?

32 minutes ago, Lorane said:

Did I understand correctly, this also applies to merchants?

This particular item is still in the "grey zone", so to speak. I'm not quite sure there's a consistent bug there.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to DIMITRIUS'S CM PATCH ADDENDUM - 2023
  • This topic was featured and unfeatured
  • The topic was featured