Swordfish

I keep seeing this title on the shelves, and just recently it's been picked as a manager's selection a few times in a row now. It's supposed to be some sort of futuristic thriller or something?

Swordfish.JPG

We looking at another Hackers here? It's got some decent actors in it too.

:D

gogo

Seen it!

One of the most intense opening scenes ever! ;):):D:D

But aside from that, I found it to be a nice movie, but nothing really spectacular. No, not even the scene with Halle Berry... :P

Fun twist at the end of the movie though, gotta give some credit there! :)

Edited by Timotheus
Seen it!

One of the most intense opening scenes ever! ;):):D:D

But aside from that, I found it to be a nice movie, but nothing really spectacular. No, not even the scene with Halle Berry... :P

Fun twist at the end of the movie though, gotta give some credit there! :)

Agreed

Piece 'o crap. One of the worst movies Travolta has made. Aside from the scenery that males would enjoy (Halle Berry), the plot is moronic and predictable. I made the mistake of spending several $$ to see this on the big screen.

Yeah the opening scene is riveting, so if you must, get the movie, watch 10 minutes, then turn it off.

I can't believe how many big names are in it. Don Cheadle, hugh jackman, halle berry, john travolta...was this movie like a big deal when it came out?

And check out what they're wearing...

Matrix people!

:D

gogo

Neither can I, lol It was just one of those movies that I kept seeing on the shelf...but for some reason or another, I just never seemed to get around to it. I never really liked that image..looks all scuffy

:)

gogo

Thats funny I almost rewatched this the other day. Yeah big names but I dunno it didnt do it for me. Also it was a little before hugh and don were a real big deal...Pre-wolvie and Hotel Rwanda. I doubt they could get them al together again for a flick

Just saw it and....yeah locutus, good point....I doubt you'd be able to get actors with big names like this ever again...hollywood's just so dang expensive these days. My take on the movie. As everyone here has said...those first ten minutes are pretty awesome...seein Travolta do his strut is always entertaining. The rest of the movie, I've got mixed emotions about. I really liked the soundtrack...right off the bat it had that big, quality orchestra feel I go for..but it reminded me a lot of Matrix...which had that same kind of feel. And now that we're talking about Matrix...the comparison doesn't end there. In fact, lol most of this movie looked so much like a try to emulate matrix's success...I outright laughed in my seat the first time I saw Halle Berry.... is she a niobium ripoff or what? :oooo: Yes, the plot was pretty predictable but also...there were some great surprises and effects. The way the scene just slow-mo'd at the beginning...intense shot... the getaway...now how cool is that...NEVER seen that done before...adage to old James Bonds?

Over all..it's always fun seeing a big budget thing, so It did give some satisfaction...but I kept feeling like I could predict what was going to happen...

Hats off to Hugh Jackson though.... though the first time I've ever seen him was from xmen...the scope of movies this guy has done...VERY talented.

And yeah, Halle Berry IS eye candy in this movie ^^

:)

gogo

Hugh Jackson:) He would be real disappointed if he knew you thought that was his name. Hugh Jackman.

Anyway, like I said above, 1st ten minutes were the best -- enhanced byt he fact that I know the town (Oxnard CA) where that scene was filmed.

I don't like it. I see the reason y they NEED the names for the movie, w/o them no one will see this movie.

If you want a lot of big stars the Ocean 11 (and the rest) is probably what you are after. The story is actually exciting too. :)