Lost the De

As the tittle says lost my beloved Dark Elf.

As you know I dont lose toons often and when I lost the niob Daemon on isle[on the isle that is not isle] I was ok about it didnt care to much said this things happen the game has glitches and what not.

And now my Dark elf died at level 194. Heres the really funny thing hell golums in VOT at level 220 with 4 people on server couldnt kill him bet get this stupid pirates did. Yes when they get a chance and thats rear to hit him the make some 3000 damage on him. The funny thing is this happens when it doesnt have its adrenalin on.

When the Dark Elf died had active adrenalin and a very low hit chance. So with his hit points close to 70000 that would of been what some 25 hits in a row? Yes and in the time of death there where only 2 monsters next to him. So simple put he died from lag if you can call it lag. 5 sec. game stop and the toon is dead.

So thank you Ascaron thank you a lot for taking care of your game so well what VOT coulndt do you managed to do. So heres to my dead Dark Elf died at the hands not of the lag monster but the Ascaron monster. And with it went all the best gear I was collecting in the many many hours spent alone in there empty niob server.

Once again thank you Ascaron you rule!

P.S.: In Sacred 2 it would be better to make more stable server and make a monster that will be named Ascaron and it could be controled by one of your game operators. So he can come in the game and kill toons at random that way at list we can have some dignity in losing the toons that we worked are ass of on making.

Sorry for your loss Katran. Before you give up hope, you might want to try emailing Ascaron and explain what happened. They have 'rolled back' other people's toons to a previous save for those who died from lag/bugs. It will roll back all your characters to previous server save though. So as long as you got the day you died, they can roll it back to a day or 2 before that. Worth a try :drinks:

Sorry to hear about the loss, Kat. I consider Niobium a good achievement for a build, and anything past level 140 is gravy to me. Certain characters are far better suited for the experience challenges of Niobium, though I have no solution for the fairly regular lag and bugginess of the servers lately. It's getting pretty bad with disappearing items and other mischief. I seriously hope the servers are going to be better for Sacred 2, or the whole launch crashes almost immediately after takeoff.

knuckles is on the money Katran. :(

Ascaron has in place a revert back system for when their servers go down. So they possibly can help you.

Explain what happened giving them the date and time and hopefully you will get your toon back.

I know the loss of a toon through lag death is really disappointing (the word I wanted to use will be beeped out lol), but in all honesty its one of the dangers playing HC.

We all take a chance playing that style of game. It can happen if we accidentally pull our mouse of its port while playing.

It can happen if we spill coffee over our keyboard :drinks:

The fact that it can happen when it simply isn't our fault in anyway is a real bummer but that threat is always there.

No matter how good Ascaron's servers may or may not be, this event will probably always happen. Lag is a fact of internet life.

Before we crucify Ascaron mate........just try sending them an email and ask them if they will rebirth your toon. :viking:

Hopefully you will get a positive outcome.

stubbs

Awh Kat. That is just too great a loss over something like a bizarre twist of lag. :) The guys here give really great advice and I really hope you take it and email Ascaron. I believe the circumstance as well as the loss are very much worthy of a rollback.

stubbie makes a good point about lag too. We of course know the state of Sacred is somewhat, errrr, unpredictable but then again lag can come from anywhere. Be it ISP hiccup, a bad traceroute gate etc... I understand your frustration though. Sometimes we can't help but lash out at Ascaron. I sure have a few times myself, heh.

If there is anything you need though Kat.. Don't be shy to ask me. ;)

*hugs* sry kat. But Lord and I will be in bronze and silver this week as he rebuilds his glad (the other didnt die, he just wants a sword glad to go with his axe glad). So feel free to stop by and work on rebuilding when you are ready.

Ahh, kat I'm sorry to hear about the loss, it really hurts when it's a toon that you especially liked playing and got to such a high level. Best wishes on the next one.

Build even stronger!

;)

gogo

Well after some thinking last friday I mailed Ascaron and today I got there answer the restored my account. :4rofl: so the DE is back :)

Knuckles thanks for starting the hole thing with your advice. Everyone else who pushed me to do it. :(

Carolyn thanks for the fast answer and guidance about how to pursue this matter.

Gogo thanks for helping me write the letter.

Some times in any aspect of life things can be out of control the way people deal with them shows there real colors.

So thank you Ascaron for the fast response on the matter. You showed real class in dealing with my problem. :butcher:

wo gratz! we make a WB feast? lol I just loged out of sacred now... lol helped with some XP in niob and stuff *lol* it was my 6th try to study... the other times I just ened up at forums and 2 times in GW :butcher:

WOOOOT WEEEHAAA LOL

:butcher: HUGS!

I'm so happy. I guess you too. :4rofl:

Wooot!

Edited by tomi

Excellent, Kat, good for you!

lol, I remember being so happy when I got my seraphim back.. yay for Carolyn and the good folks from Ascaron!

:blink:

gogo