When hope dies.....

For the last 4 years in my country a new multi use arena was being constructed. It use would be basketball handball and wally ball. So at last the arena is finished and we where greatly surprised to learn that our government had invited the Harlem Globetrotters to come and play a match on the arena opening. So for the last 2 months I was saving money to buy the expectedly expensive ticket. for the game. It was to be the event of the year for me. To have one of my dreams realized and I had the pictures of the Harlem Globetrotters coming in my mind from my childhood when I first saw them on the tv when I saw the first pictures and when I even saw the fist cartoons with them. But for the last week finding tickets was a real challenge to say the list. You couldnt find a place anywhere to buy tickets even if your life depended on it. Only people in high places got there hands on it and the true sport lovers couldnt get them anywhere. So my once in a life time dream was broken and I gave up all hope.

So today on game day I was returning home when my phone rang. When I answered it was my mother asking me if I would be coming home for lunch soon and I said yes I found it a bit surprising that she called to ask that since she never does that. So when I came home the first thing she said guess what since I wasnt really in the mood I said am not in the mood and she said well soon you will be I found you a ticket. I was all like :D after all my hard work she found me a ticket. Then she explained to me that for days she has been asking around for a ticket to all the people she new and in the end on game day 3 hour before the game start she called my aunt and she told her that they have an extra ticket. It would appear that the day before in two parts of the city cards where given away freely and that my cousin got one for me.

So I went in the end to see the Harlem Globetrotters show and the opening to the new arena. It was all I hoped it would be and more in the end I managed to get my ticket full of Globetrotters autographs.

So the moral of the story when your hope dies to fulfill dream there are always people around you that will keep the tourch burning and wont let your dream go down the drain.

So this ones for my MOM! Thank you for keeping the faith in good things happening. :4rofl:

Fantastic!

I know how much a special event like that can mean. I was lucky enough to see a "Super Bowl" once - the season when the Dolphins were undefeated. Pure luck, as I lived in LA at the time, but Miami was my favorite team anyway. There were 4 of us with equal claim and only 2 tickets. I was fortunate indeed as well.

Ohhh lucky! :)

This was a great story to understand the message.

Thanks for sharing this instructive story with us. :)

:4rofl:

Hope the "show" was good. :D

Aren't mums the best :4rofl:

You do realise that next Mothers Day better be a beaut one :)

Glad you got to see something you really wanted to and thanks for sharing :D

stubbs

Katran, what a fantastic story! I grew up with the globetrotters legend everywhere. In fact, they were part of the Saturday morning lineup of cartoons, with the globetrotters all being animated with super powers... cool ^^ It always amazes me how moms (lol, and parents period) seem to always innately know the stuff that's close to our heart. Your mom went above and beyond the call of duty here, she must be something incredibly special in real life.

This is definitely going to be a story for the kids.

Good Job Mrs. Katran!

Here's one for every super hero mom out there!

Guide%20for%20Moms%20Cover%20Art.gif

:D

gogo