I want to buy a game.

Hey folks!

I want to buy a new game, but you know...I can't decide. I have about 60$ money, if I want to spare some. Can anyone help me? :)

Here's a list of the games they offer in the shop.

'da list

Help help help. :)

Ohh and I have an office laptop, so not everything will run. I might get a new cpu soon though. :D

lol it is a long list huh. Tomi, maybe run a topic to see what folks from here are playing? Then maybe you can get a game where you can hook up with folks. Having a community to play with is a big plus. Or...just upgrade your cpu on your comp...and join up with us in Requiem...free!

:)

gogo

Okey Tomi I dont think its on your list but if you can get your hands on Mass Effect thats the game that you need to get. Take my word for it I have played a ton of games and this one is close to the top of the list. Plus it will put your PC to shame with its cool graphics.

I will be making a detail post about it in its game topic in the new games area but if you can get your hands on it before dont waste time get Mass Effect. :)

:) Haha okey.

-I'm thinking of Guild Wars, but I'm not sure if it will run on my laptop. And I don't know which expansions I need.

-Other one is Assassin's Creed, but I'm not 100% sure if it came out already. :P That wont run for sure, but yes on my cpu. (ohh and its really low price. 40. While Guild wars is 50+3 expansion-->125.)

-Sacred once more maybe...3rd...:P

If you have any other ideas, (not from the list) please tell me. :D

Edit: You are quick guys! ok well I'll see if I can buy it. :D

@gogo: Perhaps I'll try the list idea too. :D Ahhhhh I want a new CPU too! :) SO I can play Requiem

Edited by tomi

hey tomi :) guildwars can run on moust computers, moust laptops even. I am afraid to tell you assassins creed prolly wont run, and yes it is out for computer.

buy guild wars propechies is my suggestion :D

and heh I must admit... to long list for me to be patient enogh to read trought all of it :)

and I am serius.. u can run gw, almoust sure of it. I run it at this laptop max graphics.. :D

I'm with Erling on this.

Guild Wars doesn't require mega hardware to run the game and it still looks brilliant. :D

Though I would suggest playing Nightfall first. This is the 3rd in the series.

This version gives you Heroes and you can then take them through the other campaigns as well, if you end up loving the game (I do as my over 1500hours gaming time kinda proves) :D .

Heroes make a lot of difference to the ability to play through the game on your own.

With Heroes you can customise their armour and weapons and control them whereas before Nightfall you can only have henchmen and you have very little control over them.

Prophecies though has a more satisfying campaign to play and a much larger game world (though all of the games are huge).

I would suggest you forget about Factions (2nd in the series) though, at this stage.

Its only for the true GW devotees and it can be a very frustrating game to play.

Not for newbs. :P

DA has a very active GW guild (of which I'm a member :) ) so you will be able to get people help you play, if you like.

They are also a member of a well established alliance which has some very experienced players.

Oh......and I'm recommending this without even reading your list :)

and as soon as I can fix my presently broken pc I will be back playing :D

stubbs

I second guild wars. its worth the $$ for it. Evil I and Lord have made a new guild. We're still deciding on which alliance in factions to go with. Evil even got Vampie on it last night as a fathers day gift. We'd love to see more darkness on the servers :)

um ok I think guild wars will be ok to start with. and if I buy diff expansion and not what you have, will I be able to play with you?

and one expanion is enough? so basic game+nightfall?

um ok I think guild wars will be ok to start with. and if I buy diff expansion and not what you have, will I be able to play with you?

and one expanion is enough? so basic game+nightfall?

It all depends Tomi, with the basic game you get 4 toon slots and you get 2 more with each expansion. Each expansion also gets you new classes to choose from. Factions gets you the assasin and ritualist, and is set in an oriental setting. Dawn and I both have factions and dawn has nightfall. I will be getting nightfall soon.

Alot of good games there!

But the one I would recomend the most is actually "Baldur's Gate 4 in 1 Boxset"

Old game yes, but... IMHO one of the best RPG games of all time

I read your list this time tomi and still recommend Guild Wars.

But for a single player game I highly recommend Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.

NWN is far superior imho than NWN2 and doesn't need as high hardware specs but you would need to check your laptop against recommended requirements.

I have just finished playing NWN and the two expansions (which are in the Diamond edition) and it was great.

Excellent interface, automap, storyline, graphics,,,,,,, you get the drift :drunkards:

And its still actively being supported by the community with modules, patches, and addons.

As Putrescine mentioned Baldur's Gate 4 in 1 Boxset would also be a very good choice.

It is a much more in-depth rpg than NWN but the graphics are looking rather dated these days.

Just a word of warning. Both games use the Dungeons and Dragons rules for combat.

They are not hack n slash games :woot:

stubbs

My vote would be for GW. Not only is it a very nice game but it also comes with a special bonus that you can't get anywhere else. Us! :woot: You'll certainly run into much of the gang here Tomi. Now how can any other game compare to that eh? hehe. I'd go with the advice on the expansions and skip Factions. Good advice at that. :drunkards:

Actually I wouldn't skip factions at all you can get gw platnium which comes with prophecies and factions in one. and that will save you the money to get nightfall. and the eventually GW:EN. but yes tomi as you can tell my vote would be GW its a lot of fun and as mom said lord, mom, vampie and I started a guild and are looking for more people to play

On a side note if you get factions you can Areana Battle with me LOL yeah I know I am a PvP junkie

Edited by EvilMale

Definitely GW...and definitely Nightfall. Stubbie, that's one helluva write up you did on it...and dead on with everything. GW looks brilliant, and you don't need hardware from the future to play it. And with friends already from here playing...I think you're set.

:drunkards:

gogo

Woot thanks guys! I've decided. :cry: Thanks to you. Hmm well guess...GW. :D Answers were unanimous.

Ok so I buy the Simple Basic Game, and the Nightfall only, if I have understood the answers correctly.

pls correct me if I mis-understood it. :D

Ok wel that will be only 75$ so I can buy Baldur's Gate too. :D

Thank you guys! :D Can't wait to buy it.

yes the thing with gw is that u can buy 3 campigns and 1 expansion... the expasion, eye of the north requires a little better computer but...

it does not matter what campign u start with, u can buy the others later and take you're characther from one campign to the other...

and I wouldent skip factions either, many skills, alliance battles, armors and stuff like that.

myself I am glad I did take propechies first because its a little slow so I slaved myself trought it bcos I didnt have any other campigns :cry: I will buy nightfall when I finished factions I gues... maybe a little before bcos its a little slow also :D

It's true...out of all of the campaigns, the second was the weakest, slow, lol as Erling noted. Nightfall was simply outstanding. The addition of teams completely changes the game. If tight for cash, get that one first. It's got everything for you to start up with and... you'll get the ability to add heroes, which can allow you to play with them with friends, or completely on your own if missing peeps or in need of filling in a nicely setup heroe monk or any other class you need.

:badbad:

gogo

there is a way to get at least 2 of the other campaigns besides prophecies now GW has put out a platinum edition wich comes with Prophecies and factions which is a money saver so you can get nightfall aswell

Ok guys. Thanks again for everything. I bought GW+Nightfall. (haven't installed Nightfall yet though).

I'm in EU servers. And as far as I know I can meet with players even if they are in US servers.

I love the game. :D Btw I made a Necromancer and elementalist. 2 in 1 :)

Can't wait to see you in game guys.