Going on vacation...again?

Hey folks! :D

Today me and my parents (and enci's mother and sister) are going on vacation to Italy. We'll see Florence, and then go to South from it.

Hopefully we'll get an apartment in Rome also.

I'll bring my laptop, and hopefully I'll have internet connection. About 20%. It'd be wonderful though to be able to talk on forum. :)

We'll come back on next Saturday or Monday. With pictures.

Have fun guys, seeya soon.

:crazy:

What..another vac! grrrrrrrrrr...jk...

lol, Tomi, have an awesome time...and NO URCHINS

:P

gogo

p.s. italy, huh...you guys are so lucky... all those different countries so close by. :)

:) gogo! Thanks!

Good to you! I want to see Canada...and other countries that ill never see.

Thanks guys. Actually I dont want to go. I want to stay at home and play GW...but parents parents parents. Hope I'll have a nice time though.

Thanks again!

Wish I could go with you tomi! :P

That sounds like it will be a fantastic time. I would love to be able to tour around those places. Have a wonderful time and I'll be eagerly awaiting your report. :)

Wish I could go with you tomi! :P

That sounds like it will be a fantastic time. I would love to be able to tour around those places. Have a wonderful time and I'll be eagerly awaiting your report. :)

italy, huh...you guys are so lucky... all those different countries so close by

ok, let's make a deal. You come here for some weeks...or more:p then I go there? Deal? :D

Hey all!

So we arriwed yday. About at 10 pm. We had a great time. :)

Some info,..,

My parents, enci's mother and sister and I went to a little village near Rocastrada in Italy. It took 13 hours to get there. 13 hours of sitting in a car. Here is the map of our journey. About 1250 Km away from Budapest.

The way there...

When we arriwed it was hard to find the house. The owner said there is a green garbage next to the house.

Though she didnt say that there is a garbage at every house. So it was hard to find the apartmant. (Once we saw a house

with a green garbage, so we went in. It was such a mess.) So we called the owner and they told us that we should wait

at a local restaurant (what we found before) so they can find us. While we was waiting we talked about 2 things.

1st. If they take us to that messy house where we've been before, clutch to the 3 and pedal to the metal and we go home.

The other thing was that what to say if we dont like the house. They didn't understand Hungarian so it was easy.

The password was Stalin.

When we get there, noone said "Stalin". So we decided to stay.

The first thing we've seen is a laaaarge garden. From the gate, to the house big olive trees was leading the way.

Then at the end of it was the house. There was stairs took us up to the house what was about on the 2nd floor.

The apartmant was big. For 5 members it was very good.

In the other side of the garden there was a large swimming pool. About 2m x 4m. We've spend a lot of time there. ;)

Ohh and I've almost forgot. We had no neighbours. :)

On the first day we did nothing. (On Saturday) Only had bath at the pool. :P

On the second day we've visited Florence. It was 130 Km away from our current home. It was sooo very beautiful, but the

only problem was that, God blessed us with some ice-rain. So we ensconced to the entrance of a church. When the

rain was over we continued the journey. After we found out that every church and everything opens at 1:30, we waited some,

then entered the first church. (Um noone told me we will see churches so I've put on my Bathory T-shirt. There's Satan

on it. Opps!) It was the Santa Maria della Croce. You can see there the tomb of Galileo Galilei, Michelangelo,

Rossini, and Dante. (And many more though)

The next stage was the (Duomo) Cathedral, called Santa Maria del Fiore. There's nothing to say about it. Beautiful!

Then Santa Maria Della Novella.

After the churches we went to see the David Statue, and the Ponte Vecchio, the Old Bridge.

When this was over we went back to car and turned home. (All this walk took 5 hours. Huhh!!)

On the third day (Monday) in the morning we went to the local beach. The sea was about 30Km away but it worth it. The sandy beach was wonderful, just like the sea. :) (It was piff hot :butcher:) No sea urchins!

On the same day in the afternoon, we've visited Siena. (Only me and my parents, 'cos enci's sister had fever so she stayed at home with her mother.

There were two things to see. An other Duomo Cathedral, and a biiiiig open air hall.

On Tuesday morning beach, then San Gimignano. The whole city was made by 700 years old stone houses.

In the evening Siena again with the every folk in the evening lights. Even better than before.

Next day only swimming in the pool and having sunbath in the beach.

Thursday the same thing, but we've seen a little village close to our home, called Montemassi Castle.

It's a castle (:P) build on a 300m high hill.

Some pictures of the Castle: Montemassi

Then on Friday (the last day) again pool, beach, sunbath. Just to relax some.

On Saturday morning (about 8 am) we get in the car and came home.

Every day we had some card game in the evenings. :)

All in one, this week we travalled 3550 Km. (The way there, back and the every day trip.)

It was a very good experiance, but you know Home, sweet home. Good to be at home finally. I was searching around...and I think Hungarian girls are nicer, but I dont want to hurt anyone. :)

Ohh and some pictures.

Florence:

The little group...

Right side enci's sister, then her mother, then my mother then me. Tomi can't rotate pictures in photobucket. edit: tomi did it. edit...grrr it is compressed. God! everyone have a funny face. ok I wont delete it....

Sleeping...zzzzzzz

Mother is reading from a history book. Booooring...

Same

Still reading...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Edit: forgot to rotate...doesnt matter though...

Siena:

Cathedral

The big park thing...

Hungarian tourists

City in the evening lights

Evening city II

So that was it. :)

Good to be back to the forum!

Edited by tomi

Welcome back Tomi!

An amazing writeup! lol, I don't need to take any vacations with you here writing so vividly ^^ The Big Park photo's gotta be my favorite. Great lighting, and it's just got this huge feel of history. Europe's so old, and everytime I see snaps like this, it just makes me want to pick up a book and read more about it. I'm glad noone got bit, stung, poisoned or chewed-on...though Enci's sister getting a fever must have been a drag for her. I love your mention of the card playing your family did on nights. Good old fashioned family stuff like that must is awesome for being close, and you guys must tell the best stories... so who's the big winner? :)

Glad to see you back, welcome home Tomi.

:butcher:

gogo

Ha...haha! Thank You! :P

Well yeah! Europe is old, and everything began there. :) The ancient buildings, wonders, ruins...

But the nice views of the other coast is amazing too, and would be a mistake not seeing it if you have a chance.

I'd gladly go there too once. :butcher:

Well about the fever...she was very active. And she had a lot of fun too. Being sick is not a block to have fun. :)

Doh! Dad is the always winner. Yet! Anyway in the weekdays we dont really play. If we have internet. :P Only at holidays, parties or something like that.

Ahh the smell of home. *Have the first cup of coffee*