Sacred 2 UK release date

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=46872

Koch UK confirms at Eurogamer Nov release for Sacred2 all platforms

Sacred 2 for PC, consoles in November News News by Rob Purchese

Today 11:51

Koch has clarified to Eurogamer that Sacred 2 will launch on 7th November across all three platforms: PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Confusingly, only the latter was given that date after being confirmed as a playable platform back in June.

Sacred 2, then, is an action RPG set in a fantasy land and isometric view, a bit like Diablo. In fact, the similarities continue into the button-bashing combat and abilities and skills that improve as a result of the hordes you slaughter.

Perhaps the biggest attraction will be online co-op, which allows friends to jump in and out of each other's campaigns. The PC version should support around 16 players, while the Xbox 360 will support four on Live or two on the same machine. PS3 numbers are unknown but should be similar.

So far there are six unique races (classes, essentially) to pick between: Serraphim, Shadow Warrior, High Elf, Dryad, Temple Guardian and Inquisitor. Each has unique trees of abilities to climb, plus special mounts that can be used in battle.

All that plus the huge world of Ancaria to explore, multi-level dungeons, bundles of quests, and a storyline that changes depending on whether you cleanse the land of baddies or add to the chaos.

We've been impressed so far, even after previewing Sacred 2 way back in November 2007.

Pop over to our Sacred 2 gamepage for plenty more screenshots and videos

:viking:

I actually don't mind this too much. I'd much rather a great game get produced properly rather than having you and Carolyn having to deal with all the problems of bugs five years ago which seemed to be the main message of the SIF then. Hopefully this is what Ascaron needs to get the game up to what they want, and I'm holding for them.

Anyways...just in time for Christmas

:viking:

gogo

Hopefully this is what Ascaron needs to get the game up to what they want, and I'm holding for them.

Just to clarify Gogo, the "global" PC release date isn't getting delayed to November (as far as I'm aware), just the UK release. The other European countries are getting their PC versions released at the end of September (I think it's the week of the 29th September - 5th November, depending on local traditional release dates, in the UK it's Friday), and some other countries are getting the English version...

:4rofl:

I had learned a long time ago, to not look forward to things... cause they will always disappoint you.. I think I will wait until I see it for sale before I get excited, much safer that way.

hopefully I can get money together and make the preorder through Amazon.. and when it gets here, Ill be thrilled!

That's sort of becoming my laissez faire attitude regarding the release as well. I'm starting to get lazy about acquiring it as fast a possible now. lol, I'll probably end up just calling futureshop to see whether they have it or not, and then just go in and buy it

:)

gogo

Just to keep everyone up to speed, Heiko (Tom, Ascaron's CEO) has created a thread here, he's posted further here & here (the second one's interesting).

Additionally, cdwow.com will be shipping the Aussie version to us in the UK (they're UK-based) on the 5th October, so it's more expensive (though apparently their prices do include postage), but you'll be getting it a month before Deep Silver release the UK version. CDWOW also do the Aussie CE version. Delivery time is ~5-7 days from dispatch (per their FAQ), so it looks like they use Royal Mail. I've asked them if they're going to be shipping on the release date or a few days before.

£46 for the regular version, £51 for the CE.

Llama, the extra info is awesome, thank you!

Question. If I wanted to order aussie game from a Brit retailer...would that be the same one that will be released later on by Deep Silver?

Will it have the same content?

:D

gogo

Question. If I wanted to order aussie game from a Brit retailer...would that be the same one that will be released later on by Deep Silver?

Will it have the same content?

I assume so, but I don't know. I've only ever seen one set of content for the CE, but until it's confirmed by Deep Silver, we can't say for sure.

Yeah that's another such thing.

In sacred right now, communitys are devided because of language differences in the game and such.

As far as I could understand, the french, polish, german, italian communitys and god knows what other communitys were seperated from the rest.

Their items had different names aswell, which made searching for items hard and stuff.

Now I am wondering if I order my game here in Belgium, will I be in a different realm then you guys:) or wil Sacred 2 have all nationalitys together? I don't want to end up separated from the community at darkmatters.

Now I am wondering if I order my game here in Belgium, will I be in a different realm then you guys:) or wil Sacred 2 have all nationalitys together? I don't want to end up separated from the community at darkmatters.

hmmm, good point Prom. I know that with the old Sacred, language or perhaps Ascaron's home base separated the servers with the Germans getting their own. I'm not sure how they're going to do it for Sacred 2.

It would be nice if they managed to get everyone from all the regions the game was being sold in together for a truly international flavor.

:)

gogo

I think you choose yourself, what server you want to play on. well I hope so :) But allmost all this kind of games today, you do choose yourself, what server to play on.

Yeah that's another such thing.

In sacred right now, communitys are devided because of language differences in the game and such.

As far as I could understand, the french, polish, german, italian communitys and god knows what other communitys were seperated from the rest.

Their items had different names aswell, which made searching for items hard and stuff.

The French & Poles certainly weren't separated from the rest of the International community, since I remember playing with them & chatting with several French players (Ryoki & Titi spring to mind). The Germans certainly were split off from the rest of us, from the SIF thread, I think the Spanish were as well.

As I understand it, if you get the International (ie, English) version, you'll be with the rest of the International players, not sure how it's going to play out in Sacred 2, it probably depends on the publishers. If you've got the same publisher as another language version, I would assume that you'd be using the same servers (though you may have a different localisation file, with different item & place names).

• 1 month later...

after quick msn chat with gogo, I ordered from cdwow.com! says 5-10days shipping to the states, but being in the middle of usa might slow things down as per normal usps type operations.

wife is going to kill me, a game and hid lights bought in one day. that blows my allowance for like 3months :)

Edited by trd

I've got my copy on order with Amazon. But there's been no mention of when the Collector's Edition will be available so far ...

If they announce it before Amazon send my copy I'll cancel it and get the Collector's Edition instead.

Anyone know when the Collector's will be available? (in the UK, that is)

Edited by MAXIMVS
Please Sign In or Sign Up