For those who dont live in the USA in new england

fallinnh.gif

This is what people from all over the world travel to my neck of the woods to see

fallinnh2.gif

We took these on monday. unfortunately the beauty is fleeting as today it was windy and rainy and many of the trees with the most vibrant colors have now lost thier leaves ...

Edited by Genenut

Gorgeous Dawn. I remember taking scout trips when I was a kid down around that area for fall camping. The foliage is outstanding, even to a kid. The leaves aren't anything like that here yet... at least where I live...I guess I'd have to go more into the country. I'd forgotten that you and Lord lived in such a gorgeous spot of land.

Lucky guys

:woot:

gogo

Beautiful! :woot:

such a pity, here in Poland trees have got their leaves, summer ends and puff! raining for a week or two and after that not much leaves you can see on em. Almnost every autumn like that. However now it's not so bad. Still most of trees is green, but not so many leaves on em.

I'm using the one shot with what looks like a small chapel as my wallpaper now its so pretty Genenut. I remember thousands of years ago when was young and I lived in Canada and the fall colors. ( ahemmm colours)

Edited by Borg
Gorgeous Dawn. I remember taking scout trips when I was a kid down around that area for fall camping. The foliage is outstanding, even to a kid. The leaves aren't anything like that here yet... at least where I live...I guess I'd have to go more into the country. I'd forgotten that you and Lord lived in such a gorgeous spot of land.

Lucky guys

:)

gogo

As it happens Gogo, we are about a three hour drive from you and Schot.

I was just reading about Witch Hazel...in some fantasy book at work. Is it supposed to have some weird effect or something? Is it a New England thing?

240px-Koeh-070.jpg

The bark and leaves are astringent; the extract, also referred to as witch hazel, is used medicinally. Extracts from its bark and leaves are used in aftershave lotions and lotions for treating bruises and insect bites. Witch-hazel is the active ingredient in many hemorrhoid medications. The plant can be found from Nova Scotia west to Ontario, and south to Florida, and Texas.

I personally have used it as an aftershave and have also found it to be quick relief for bug bites and poison ivy.

fallinnh.gif

This is what people from all over the world travel to my neck of the woods to see

fallinnh2.gif

We took these on monday. unfortunately the beauty is fleeting as today it was windy and rainy and many of the trees with the most vibrant colors have now lost thier leaves ...

We have those here too. I'm guessing Gogo doesn't know because he lives in the metropolitan area.

There's a festival over here for these things. I've never been really interested in colored leaves, though. I guess I don't see the point. Cute little buildings in those other pictures.

Edited by Lucalain
We have those here too. I'm guessing Gogo doesn't know because he lives in the metropolitan area.

There's a festival over here for these things. I've never been really interested in colored leaves, though. I guess I don't see the point. Cute little buildings in those other pictures.

Ah but the same trees that give us the color/colours in the fall are the same ones that give us maple syrup in the spring , the real stuff not the stuff that comes in the log cabin shaped bottle or the one shaped like a woman in full skirts, the REAL stuff... or as we call it ... the GOOD stuff . you can taste the difference

real nh maple syrup

Ah but the same trees that give us the color/colours in the fall are the same ones that give us maple syrup in the spring , the real stuff not the stuff that comes in the log cabin shaped bottle or the one shaped like a woman in full skirts, the REAL stuff... or as we call it ... the GOOD stuff . you can taste the difference

real nh maple syrup

Well I thought Canada was the #1 producer of maple syrup. :) We buy it in large 2 liter jugs of pure, natural syrup straight from the independent, small-scale producer.

Edited by Lucalain

Beautiful Dawn and Lord. Looks like a wonderful place to live. Well... When it isn't tourist season I guess, haha. Would be very enjoyable for me to take my mountain bike through. Tons of trails I imagine! And soooo close too. I really had no idea. :)

fallinnh.gif

fallinnh2.gif

very similar to what we have here in the eastern townships (quebec)