Sacred Wiki's Dark Treasure Hunt for Uniques in Sacred 2!

Hi everyone

We've started new fledgling collection sections in Sacredwiki, and we're looking to add whatever you guys get. Promatolya has already added four Uniques to the Wiki.

There are a couple of categories. For example for all Multi- Class Uniques we now have the following:

You can press on any of those links, and it will put you into a new page of the wiki. Just put the image link of your Unique directly into that page, and Blam...you've scored a point regarding your title.

25 uniques will net you the title of Dark Treasure Hunter ^^

This is an pic from the All Class Uniques page which Promatolya has just contributed his uniques to:

allclassuniques.jpg

For your pics to qualify, please make sure the resolution is set high enough, and that the pic is taken against a bare enough background so that the pics come out looking clear.

Either put the picture directly into the wiki and/or just add it to this topic here, and we can do it ourselves.

We are looking to have the image of the Unique complete within a box as shown in the above picture.

Good luck Treasure Hunters!

:hugs:

gogo

p.s.

Also, I was also wondering if everyone could add this little bit of code, not to the index of all the images running down the page , but at the bottom of each uniques page that has to be created:

For example the following pic is a picture of Ancrid's blade, and it is the actual page of it on the wiki:

ancridsblade.jpg

As you can see along the bottom, there is a category that places this item within the Sacred 2 Uniques Category

and if we were then to press edit along the top of the above page it would get us to the code which is this:

ancridsbladeedit.jpg

If everyone who is putting pics on the wiki could just make sure that that little extra piece of code is there as well to make sure that the uniques are being placed in the correct category, this would really help.

And the reward?

By adding that little snippet of code at the bottom of each uniques page in the wiki, the wiki can then spin out an entire category listing every single unique found in the game all alphabetized!

Like this:

Category:Sacred 2 Unique Items

category.jpg

Hope this helps, and again everyone thank you for the contributions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great! I hope a lot of people will help finding uniques.

But, like I said in another topic, the ones (like me or other people) who don't have the English version of the game (maybe I'm the only one) won't really be able to help.

I was looking forward to help you with this, so if you need help tell me how I can help. (Maybe by programming some kind of catalog containing all the uniques/sets for those who don't always have Internet).

Max

I was just talking to Schot about this...I really REALLY hope these items have static stats... if not, this would all be a waste

I know that there's some kind of items that drop in the game called Legendary...but I haven't seen one yet...I'm thinking that THOSE are definitely going to be static... and I'm crossing my fingers here hoping that what we're calling "uniques" here really are static.

I guess we'll find out if anyone finds a copy of an item here that is being called a "unique" and the other item has different stats...

owch

:P

gogo

p.s. Max, help is on the way ^^

p.s.s. Timo, looking forward to seeing the items :)

Excellent...and welcome to DarkMatters, Puritania!

So Puritania, do you think it's worth it to reference what we are so far calling "uniques" ? Or... is it just worth it to catalogue Legendarys?

lol, cataloguing items that keep resetting stats would never end...but if these uniques are that so far in this thread really are static, then we're good with the project.

gogo

I'm not sure. The "unique" items in this game seem to be what rare items were in Diablo 2. Where as the "legendary" items are what unique items were in Diablo 2. I don't know where that leaves the blue and yellow items in Sacred 2. I'm actually not really sure how to tell these legendary and unique items apart sometimes. My best guess is probably the name. I'll let you decide once I got the screens up :)

how do you separate unique and legendary ?

As far as I can tell, they both have the same colour in their name (gold-brown-ish), they have no distinct rarity written in the information box (nothing explicitly says its legendary or rare, or unique).

I just can't seem to tell em apart?

I've added a few to the TG & All pages, plus there's this legendary:

Boneslicer.jpg

Finally... a legendary!

Llama, question...was that legendary just a drop...or did it come from a quest?

And...what do you think the dif is between uniques and Legendarys?

In other words...should we reference both, or just legendarys? (would they both have static stats?)

:)

gogo

Legendary's are orange, Uniques are a dark gold. No idea what other differences there are between the two types of item.

IIRC, that one was from a quest (the one that eventually leads you to the Undead General).

Prom, this is a unique: SuperbSteelHammerofRenewal.jpg

On my monitor, the Unique's name is much darker, with the Legendary having a more orange-y name.

Well, after hearing from you llama, and even Chloe over from the French forum regarding this, I'm more confident now that these uniques are static. Chloe says that the dif between uniques and legendary are the fact that legendary can be found through quests...and Llama you've just confirmed that.

So... Treasure Hunt....On!

gogo

p.s. Llama, you just gave us the first legendary ^^ added a new section to the wiki for it as well. :)

Timo and Dryad, these are awesome...ty!

Dryad, you have a whole bunch of uniques! I was wondering, would you happen to have any larger ones though? We can still use these, but if you had larger, they would show up even better for reading.

Cheers!

gogo

No, sorry, this is as large as I can make them (in-game; I'm not even going to attempt to mangle the pics with Paint) - Photobucket apparently has a crop tool, but not a magnifying one. I'll try to experiment with another camera setting for the next ones? I might be able to get them larger there.

Ah nice stuff you guys. :)

As for the pic size I think the reason others have come out larger is perhaps because the game was set to 1600x1200 resolution when the screenshots were taken.

Hmm, my resolution is 1680x1020 or something like that. And messing with the camera did nothing, lol - found a few more on my seraphim, so I'll try GIMP and see if I can't get it larger. :)

EDIT:

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/rr311/O...-34-18-17-1.jpg

Is this better? It got a bit fuzzy, but it's definitely larger. :)

Edited by Dryad Oak Tree
I play on 1280x1k

but the way I made mine is actually pressing the print screen button, and pasting em in paint.

not sure if sacred offers a 'direct Screenshot' option, which might make these the way they are.

The ingame screenshot option is a joke. Doesn't work properly.

I've used FRAPS for my shots and sized em down with paint, hence the low quality...

Hey guys, I'll be uploading my images of Unique items on photobucket momentarily. Sadly I did not have any legendary items. I have also noticed that unique armors such as gloves, bracers headwear and stuff seem to have random suffixes and prefixes. (For example. "Emperor's Handwraps of Violent Reign", "Rogue's Platet Bracers of Velocity", "King's Hood of the Antler" etc. Whereas weapons seem to have static names. I have found a level 10 (item level) "Orc shock" and a level 56 "Orc shock". Both have the same stats on them except that the level 56 Orc shock has of course higher value on the stats (just like in sacred 1).

But so far I have not seen 2 unique armors class items that have the same name. Well, I'll start cropping my pictures and uploading them, be back with a few screenshots later.

Edit: Ok so I have added a bunch of stuff to the All Class Uniques. Mostly weapons and a few shields. I'm going to add a few more to the unique armor to the "All Inquisitor Uniques" page.

However, there were a few unique weapons I did not add. Since they are two of the same, only at different level. So I thought I'd post them here instead and leave it up to you how you would like to deal with it :)

First up is the two "Orc Shock":

Unique-OrcShocklvl10.jpg

Unique-OrcShocklvl56.jpg

Next up: "Thunder Staff"

Unique-ThunderStafflvl27.jpg

Unique-ThunderStafflvl33.jpg

and last up is "Torik's Wrath":

Unique-ToriksWrathlvl16.jpg

Unique-ToriksWrathlvl25.jpg

Edit 2: Finished adding Inquisitor uniques items in All Inquisitor Uniques ;)

Edited by Puritania

These are awesome Puritania, thank you. The collection is growing. Also, I was also wondering if everyone could add this little bit of code, not to the index of all the images running down the page , but at the bottom of each uniques page that has to be created:

For example the following pic is a picture of Ancrid's blade, and it is the actual page of it on the wiki:

ancridsblade.jpg

As you can see along the bottom, there is a category that places this item within the Sacred 2 Uniques Category

and if we were then to press edit along the top of the above page it would get us to the code which is this:

ancridsbladeedit.jpg

If everyone who is putting pics on the wiki could just make sure that that little extra piece of code is there as well to make sure that the uniques are being placed in the correct category, this would really help.

And the reward?

By adding that little snippet of code at the bottom of each uniques page in the wiki, the wiki can then spin out an entire category listing every single unique found in the game all alphabetized!

Like this:

Category:Sacred 2 Unique Items

category.jpg

Hope this helps, and again everyone thank you for the contributions...the database is growing.

:drinks:

gogo