Ascaron Shutting down Sacred Underworld Closed Net

Well folks, we only have a couple chances left at a Kami for the ages.

Sunday the 18th and Sunday the 25th are our only remaining opportunities.

I propose that on the 25th we have a general reunion of all past and present kami players, start at level 1 and play "to the death". We'll never have another chance, guys and gals.

This would make a fitting farewell to S1, I think.

Wow, it's ending?! It's been there for so long now. So many good times and exciting discoveries were made on those servers. Even though it has to happen eventually it's kinda sad. ;)

I will definitely be there on the 25th. :drool:

Was there a message on the closed servers about this?

... Where was this announced?

Ref1: Announcement

Ref2: Discussion

Lol...I realised right after I pressed the 'Add Reply' Button that I should head over to the SIF.

So, I haven't been playing so much this past week. Just don't have the time. I took my plat mage out and got him killed, then just erased the others.

I started thinking that Sacred is the only thing keeping me from reinstalling Linux on the Dell. So, I'm going to get Linux up and running once more and going to start writing again.

This may be a good thing.

Edited by Silearth

It was inevitable with the cost of running those servers, lean economic times, and Sacred 2 needing a sales boost due to the bad combination of a buggy release and DRM. It's been an honor and a privilege to be a part of the group for so long. At least I kept the Kami running until the servers were put to rest.

considering I have yet to see Sacred 2 at the local walmart but spore has been there since before day 1 I dont think sales are driving this unless ascaron as as stupid as to not sell thier product in walmart ...

but I agree that a buggy release and that horrible drm may be driving sacred 2's possibly lack luster sales ...

they still should have given us a full 30 days til shut down of sacred 1 .... this just kind of smacks of "omg we fgorgot to tell our loyal users quick get an announcement up" .....

Here are the results from shoplocal.com for my area. This has not been verified yet. I am still green-lighted for the new computer but I guess if I want to play with you guys I'd have to order the international version.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (PS3)

Find it at:

Wal-Mart |

1610 SOUTH RIVERSIDE AVENUE | RIALTO, CA 92376 $59.82

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (PC Games)

Find it at:

Target | (909)356-4242

16964 Slover Ave | Fontana, CA 92337 $49.99

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel (Xbox 360)

Find it at:

Wal-Mart |

1610 SOUTH RIVERSIDE AVENUE | RIALTO, CA 92376 $59.82

Or I suppose I could find a copy of Ultima 9.

Edited by Silearth

This is sad news. I'm really happy though that you guys who are still playing and getting that kami going got so much value. Two weeks does seem like an awfully short time. Dawn, I saw your post on the SIF... maybe Ascaron would consider adding another two weeks so that peeps can do their exports?

Also... it's possible that if anyone has access to a fast server, we could still host games for Sacred Original, right?

;)

gogo

I've already done the uninstall on the main comp. I'm looking at everything I use to see if going back to Ubuntu would be a good thing.

I left underworld on the laptop, however. I'll see if I can make the last Kami.

Ms hacker clearly indicated people should do their exports ASAP. Doubt they will extend things any for that purpose.

I was out at Circuit City today, saw Sacred 2 Fallen Angel on the PC games shelf (2 copies, no price). Did not see it at Best Buy, though.

As Circuit City is closing all their stores soon (seems no White Knight stepped up to stave off bankruptcy liquidation) I may try to go back and pick the game up. Maybe they'll start offering big % off as they get ready to close.

Ms hacker clearly indicated people should do their exports ASAP. Doubt they will extend things any for that purpose.

I was out at Circuit City today, saw Sacred 2 Fallen Angel on the PC games shelf (2 copies, no price). Did not see it at Best Buy, though.

As Circuit City is closing all their stores soon (seems no White Knight stepped up to stave off bankruptcy liquidation) I may try to go back and pick the game up. Maybe they'll start offering big % off as they get ready to close.

Regarding this careful guys. Me and Brad were very careful to make sure we got the EU versions so as to be able to play with the largest number of peeps in the servers. Yes, Ascaron has said that they will be merging them...but who knows.

I've covered bases by getting EU for now, and if the servers merge one day, then even better.

:)

gogo

Regarding this careful guys. Me and Brad were very careful to make sure we got the EU versions so as to be able to play with the largest number of peeps in the servers. Yes, Ascaron has said that they will be merging them...but who knows.

I've covered bases by getting EU for now, and if the servers merge one day, then even better.

:)

gogo

I have thought of that as well.

Perhaps with the demise of the underworld servers they will have time to merge the Sacred 2 servers?

Well this finally forced me to figure out why I could not get a game going.

Tonight I started the game server and watched the log and saw an Error #35 on the "back connect". It finally clicked . . . I can be so dense sometimes.

My DSL modem has a public IP , but the game server runs on my PC on my LAN and was set up with my private IP address. So the lobby server didn't know where to back connect to. So I changed the IP to the public one, then went to the advanced settings on the modem and turned on port forwarding for ports 2005, 2006 and 7066.

Wheee! It works!.

Now, if I can get things running on my new box and off this slow dog, I'll be good to go. New box is an AMD Phenom II x4 940 - bit of a step up from a seven year old XP1500+. What is making it harder is my new box is Vista x64, and I keep getting the "This application was not designed for 64 bit Windows". It looks like some people have circumvented this, but I am not yet successful in doing so.